PDA

View Full Version : Young gets the start for Tennessee

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2006, 08:24 PM
KFFL Breaking News

Titans to Start Vince Young

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young will start during Week 4 despite the team previously stating they were sticking with QB Kerry Collins. Young, the team's first-round draft choice in this year's NFL Draft, has appeared in two games this year for the 0-3 Titans. This will be Young's first NFL start.

House of Steel
09-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Throwing the rookie to a pack of wolves, that is real smart, Fisher.

Steelersfan
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
What the hell. They have nothing to lose really. Give the kid some playing time. It's not like they are going to the playoffs or anything.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Fisher just said the other day he wasn't ready to conceed the season over and start Young at QB :dunno:

Steelersfan
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Fisher just said the other day he wasn't ready to conceed the season over and start Young at QB :dunno:

Well that is a stupid comment. Their season was over before it started. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I guess he went into camp thinking Billie Volek would keep them competitive all year :lol:

How'd that work out for ya Jeff !

House of Steel
09-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Fisher is an idiot, that just sums it up well.

suitanim
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Young will be eaten alive...he's not very smart, and his athletic ability won't work at this level.

This is worst case scenario for the Titans. They lose AND possibly make another Akili Smith...

Koopa will be pissed, but he was always wrong about Young to begin with...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2006, 01:29 AM
What I don't get is Fisher stuck to his guns in bringing along McNair slowly. He rode the bench and held a clipboard until the staff thought he was ready to go. Now in only week 3 he's ready to throw Young to the Wolves.

Prosdo
10-01-2006, 02:55 AM
It's rather early to throw a season away. I don't get it.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-01-2006, 03:41 AM
Fisher is on the hot seat down there. He's trying to save his job. I do not see this boding well for young at all. Not with that offensive line.

Captcoolhand
10-01-2006, 06:42 AM
For Vince it's going to do 2 things,mak'em or break'em, but who knows, IMO if Young was put on a better team he might have a chance to show He's a decent QB in the NFL.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
When the Titans traded away Mcnair and Voleck they were pretty much throwing away the season already. A rookie like Ben only comes around every so often so we know Young wasn't going to be the answer for the Titans. Kollins is a complete joke as a QB, he's great if INT's are worth postive points in your fantasy team ;)

Young defintiely has a long way to go though. His numbers today were 14/29 155 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT's. He's learning and will come around eventually but the Titans aren't going anywhere this year and they basically announced that when they both Mcnair and Voleck get away.