PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: Swissvale72

AZ_Steeler
03-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
Swissvale72

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan? 43 years

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? As a 10-year old, went with my brother to the 1965 season opener against the Green Bay Packers. I was hooked.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Fat Casey Hampton

Why are they your favorite player? Whenver I can, I always go with the Fat Guy

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past/ Mean Joe Greene

What is your favorite Steelers memory? So many...tough to pick one....Watching Super Bowl IX...was a glow around Joe Greene being interviewed post-game, wearing a Steelers' ski cap. Of course, the "glow" may have been brought on by the hallucinogenic of the day. Others...Immaculate Reception, SBXL, and Steelers-Browns '04 Playoff...closest I've ever had to a "religious experience."

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? As in Texas, football & spring football. Really, I go into a sports hibernation post-Super Bowl until August. I watch some playoff baseball & hockey, totally dependent on who's playing....that's about it. Other than that...my kids' swimming....only their events though, otherwise it sucks as a spectator sport.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? Referral from another Stillers.com exile

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences. I enjoy the energy, the traffic, the features, and generally, the civility of this site.

What do you do for a living? CEO of a residential/educational facility for "at-risk" children and youth.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? Tragedies I've been subject to...but everyone has their down experiences.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Two things....no one but my Dad ever cut my hair until the week before I got married. He was a barber, who did okay until "the goddamn Beatles ruined my business." Then he struggled, and if he could have affored a vanity plate, he long maintained it would have read "Po ***"....which led to the second thing.

My kids complain about their respective bedrooms being to small. I remind them that I not only shared a room, but I shared a bed....with my brother, Tony...until he went off to college at Penn State. This meant I shared a bed until I was 9. What about poor Tony...18 years old, still sharing a bed with his Fat Little Bro??

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Embarrassed to say, a '97 Nissan Quest with 225K miles. It won't die...can't wait to get rid of it. Wife gets the '03 Honda CRV...I'll inherit that when we get a new vehicle, scheduled for later this year.

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? Be 20 pounds lighter....20 years younger. You should ask Mrs. Swiss that question....she's compiled a list.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Don't have any, I'm narrow. No, writing about the Steelers. My kids' swimming.

Favorite TV show? NFL Total Access

Favorite video games? Too damn old...don't play any.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? They literally run & hide. I barricade myself in the playroom...they stay away. I'm not very much fun to watch with....subject to untimely outbursts and incessant whining.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Like to work out in the morning....anything that makes me feel like I'm getting ready to play.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? I don't eat during the game, or beforehand, unless I'm at a tailgate. Don't wanna be a stuffed pig for Steeler football. Beverage...whatever beer is free!! Usually only have 2 or 3 though, the exception, again, being the tailgate scene...then I drink as much as I can before I head in...have another Yuengling or two inside.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 80

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Three Rivers, no doubt. Heinz is okay, but it lets the noise escape. Great...if offers a view of the Pittsburgh skyline. Wanna see the skyline, go stand the hell outside. We're there to watch Steeler football!!

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? Gotta go with the IR...I was in the house for that one. Absolutely surreal, incredible scene. Place went berserk twice, once when the play occurred, again when TD was finally signaled by the ref. Combine that with the Fat Pig John Madden tantrumming on the sideline, and it's vivid 35 years later. The Tackle, of course, brought us One for the Thumb.

Captcoolhand
03-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Good Read,:yellowthumb:

DIESELMAN
03-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Good interview!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Great read man, thanks for sharing!

steelersgal86
03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Good interview:yellowthumb:

yinzer
03-23-2008, 10:26 AM
great stuff, Swiss!!! :tt02:

PsychoWard
03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
good read:bigthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Good read thanks for sharing!!

BlitzburghNation
03-23-2008, 05:11 PM
:clap: Great read~~~~ :bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Sweet

NOVA STEELERS
03-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Nice read, thanks for sharing with us :bigthumb:

SteelersWoman
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow, 80 games--that's awesome!

Thanks for sharing some info about yourself :)

Bucsfan4ever
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
GREAT interview...enjoyed it!!!

swissvale72
04-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Wow, 80 games--that's awesome!

Thanks for sharing some info about yourself :)

Actually, SteelersWoman, "upon further review," the count is 81, with a won/lost record of 41-39-1. This ain't bad considering my auspicious beginnings in the '60s, posting an initial slate of 8-23-1.

AZ_Steeler
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Actually, SteelersWoman, "upon further review," the count is 81, with a won/lost record of 41-39-1. This ain't bad considering my auspicious beginnings in the '60s, posting an initial slate of 8-23-1.

Do you remember which game got you to .500? ;)

swissvale72
04-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Took me 3 decades, AZ, to compensate for my auscpicious beginnings. I finally reached the .500 mark at the KC game of '06, won by the Steelers, 45-7. I passed the .500 mark at last year's opener against Buffalo.

TampaSteelGirl
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry not on much now a days, just read this and very nice interview!!!!! :greengrin:

Blitzburgh55
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Ive been long for awhile if where having member spotlights on people i never heard of

ejsteeler
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Very cool. I'm from Swissvale as well.