PDA

View Full Version : More problems in Bungal land

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=657AF97071335E133B8B354083CD2D4C? id=09000d5d8074e609&template=with-video&confirm=true

Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson already has stated he does not plan to attend the Bengals' voluntary offseason conditioning program that starts Monday.

But he is not going to be alone.

Cincinnati’s other Pro Bowl wide receiver, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, also is expected to skip the start of the voluntary conditioning program for some of the same reasons Johnson is not attending.

It sets up one of the stickiest situations in the NFL, an issue that threatens to hang over the team until and through training camp.

Cincinnati has two Pro Bowl wide receivers, each of whom believes he is underpaid, each of whom wants a new deal, each of whom is expected to be absent from Paul Brown Stadium for the start of Monday’s offseason drills.

Houshmandzadeh is in the final year of four-year contract that is scheduled to pay him a base salary of $2.525 million. He failed to show up to the Bengals' offseason conditioning program last season and, without a new deal before this year’s offseason conditioning program, Houshmandzadeh is not about to attend now. It is the reason he is not expected Monday or anytime shortly thereafter.

Cincinnati already has wrestled with the best way to handle the Johnson situation; it has made it known to any team that calls the team that the Bengals will not, under any circumstance, trade Johnson. They refuse to 86 "85." So now the Bengals are assured of having at least one unhappy wide receiver.

The interesting part is, will they have two? Unlike Johnson, Houshmandzadeh never has had his deal restructured in Cincinnati. Unlike Johnson, who has three years left on his contract, Houshmandzadeh has only one.

If Cincinnati spends on any Pro Bowl wide receiver, it would seem that Houshmandzadeh has next.

But Houshmandzadeh and Johnson appear to have made their decision in regard to next week and this offseason. It’s up to the Bengals to make theirs.

Problems in paradise huh Cincy? Ocho Stinko and the Doucheman are not happy campers :lol:

Stairwayto7
03-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I hate TJ! But him and Ben looked good together in the Pro Bowl! Any takers?

Steelerlyn
03-21-2008, 12:02 PM

yeppers I agree. TJ is an obnoxious SOB but he is a talented athlete and I bet he would look good in black'ngold.

yinzer
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
the bungholes are a friggin joke.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Douche is already griping about the current deal he has for just over 2 million a year. He's going to want atleast 4 per year in a new deal and with the team having both Hines and Santonio in the midst of big deals still there's no way they'll pay a high priced FA wide receiver to come here at this point IMO. They'll build through the draft and count on Nate to step up.

SteelerSteve
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I was just thinking that, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Anyway, how big is T.J.??? I thought he was like 6'2" or somewhere in that range. Now that I think of it, he is a very dangerous redzone threat and he would fit in pretty well I think. I still hate him though:lol:

SteelersWoman
03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
After what TJH did to our Terrible Towel (which went beyond disrespect and said something about his true character) I wouldn't care how good he is--I don't want him.

SteelerSteve
03-21-2008, 02:57 PM
After what TJH did to our Terrible Towel (which went beyond disrespect and said something about his true character) I wouldn't care how good he is--I don't want him. Yeah, for real that pissed me off! but at the same time, they are our rivals and if he could make a significant upgrade to our team, I may be able to look past it.:evilshake:

kgreen
03-21-2008, 03:09 PM
No way TJ belongs on our team. :banging::banging::banging:

This team is about class with talent not talent without class.

V_83
03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I was just thinking that, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Anyway, how big is T.J.??? I thought he was like 6'2" or somewhere in that range. Now that I think of it, he is a very dangerous redzone threat and he would fit in pretty well I think. I still hate him though:lol:

:willybs:

There is no way I would ever want TJ to be a part of the Steelers. Upgrade or not, he would never fit in.

TampaSteelGirl
03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Saw this coming a mile away! Since they won't trade Chad he's going to make it hell for them and make them pay and pay big!!!! :lol:

MDSteel15
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Not that I would want to bring him here, TJ would have to bow and pay respect to the Towel. Then, he would have to renounce all and any association with the city and team of Bunghole Land. And last, he would have to greet and pay hmage to every Steeler fan as they walked in the stadium for each home game and say "Thank you for allowing me to play with a real team with the greatest fans of all time."

:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Cincinnati receiver wants to be traded
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
From wire dispatches

Chad Johnson skipped the start of the Bengals' offseason workouts yesterday, the latest move to show he's unhappy with how he's perceived in Cincinnati.

Johnson said in interviews last week that he is skipping the voluntary workouts to reinforce his message that he would like to play somewhere else. The Bengals have said repeatedly that they have no intention of trading him.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who tied for the NFL lead in receptions with 112 last season, also is skipping the voluntary workouts for the second year in a row. Johnson has been a regular at the workouts until now.

The Bengals need help on defense and could use some help on the OL. Why don't they just trade away Chad; they could get a 1st and 3rd along with another player easily for him and really help themselves out. If the dude isn't happy he's not going to play well and it's going to become more and more of a distraction.