PDA

View Full Version : Steelers raise ticket prices

Stlrs4Life
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Steelers raise ticket prices

Thursday, March 20, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have raised some ticket prices for the 2008 season at Heinz Field by as much as 21 percent.

Tickets that ranged in cost from $59 to $74 last season will cost between $59 and $90 in 2008.

All club seat prices were raised; they ranged from $150 to $212 per ticket last season and will cost between $175 and $240 in 2008.

"Our prices in past seasons were below the NFL average,'' team spokesman Dave Lockett wrote in a statement. "We needed to increase the prices to remain competitive. The current prices bring us up to around the NFL average.''

JoeThomas
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
always raising prices, its every team though, it sucks.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Steelers raise ticket prices

Thursday, March 20, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have raised some ticket prices for the 2008 season at Heinz Field by as much as 21 percent.

Tickets that ranged in cost from $59 to $74 last season will cost between $59 and $90 in 2008.

All club seat prices were raised; they ranged from $150 to $212 per ticket last season and will cost between $175 and $240 in 2008.

"Our prices in past seasons were below the NFL average,'' team spokesman Dave Lockett wrote in a statement. "We needed to increase the prices to remain competitive. The current prices bring us up to around the NFL average.''

Translation: WE NEED THE MONEY TO PAY BEN'S SIGNING BONUS :bluelol:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Translation: WE NEED THE MONEY TO PAY BEN'S SIGNING BONUS :bluelol:

lol, exactly what i was thinking!!

Stlrs4Life
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Corporate greed is what it is. The scalpers will be making even more money now.

stillers4me
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Well worth the price.

yinzer
03-20-2008, 09:46 PM
steeler sunday at heinz field=PRICELESS :tt02:

Steelerlyn
03-20-2008, 10:05 PM

The front office took away the "season ticket waiting list tickets" and sold it to Ticketmaster, as opposed to letting the fan do the mail in thing and get tickets at a reasonable rate. As of last season, we all have one day to call ticketmaster (whichever date ticketmaster or the FO decides upon) that time and date is advertised online, in many national newspapers and many more places........ so the scalpers all put ticketmaster on their speed dial and there is no way in hell MANY Steeler fans will get a ticket...........at a reasonable rate because all the scalpers will get them.

I know a guy who is a scalper and he has over 100 credit cards so he can call ticketmaster and give all different credit card #s; so ticketmaster thinks it is selling to the "fan"

Iron City South
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
More proof that this sport has gone way too far in the direction of corporate luxury box whores and yuppie tea totalers and taken away from the everyday blue-collar Joe's .... who have basically been confined to the top 20 rows of the stadium end zones.

They need to consider re-naming the upper end-zones the "Working Poor Section."

BlitzburghRockCity
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Man you got that right, it's a trickle down effect and we'll be paying for it one way or the other. Now that the brokers and scalpers buy everything up as soon as they go on sale it's going to be even worse because they have to raise their rates too :evilshake:

Steelerlyn
03-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I seriously doubt I will going again anytime soon. Last year I paid for 3 tickets at $450 apiece (the seats were awesome 10 rows from the field on the 35 yard line) I paid $300. for 2 parking passes (I know I get them cheaper but I want to be next to the stadium and the band and you have to pay for that) and I paid for 3 nights at a motel......I spent alot of $ before I ever left my driveway.....we had a wonderful time though so maybe...............:)

steelersgal86
03-21-2008, 06:06 AM
I seriously doubt I will going again anytime soon. Last year I paid for 3 tickets at $450 apiece (the seats were awesome 10 rows from the field on the 35 yard line) I paid $300. for 2 parking passes (I know I get them cheaper but I want to be next to the stadium and the band and you have to pay for that) and I paid for 3 nights at a motel......I spent alot of $ before I ever left my driveway.....we had a wonderful time though so maybe...............:)

wow...that is alot of money!!! :yesnod:

Brady Quinn
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
It is almost impossible for real fans to go to games with the prices we have to pay for tickets. The Browns Steeler game in Cleve is one that I never miss and a ticket is alway $200 or more to sit high up in the stands. It drives a lot of people away from going.

TEEMONT
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I dropped over a grand to go to the playoff game last year. That includes the hotel in Greentree though, and all of the drinks my wife and I tore up, lol.

It was worth it though. As far as parking goes, I always park at station square in the morning, and walk over to the stadium and hit bars on the way. Then I ride the Clipper back over after the game. That costs me about $20.

Steelerlyn
03-21-2008, 11:35 AM
wow...that is alot of money!!! :yesnod:

Yeppers, Carla, it is alot of money but my sentiments are if I am going to a game, I am gonna be up close and personal and to do that you have to spend the bucks. That is why, in my case, because my expectations are so high that if I am going to go to a game................I am going first class. I have done the end zone seats (and there are some great ones) but not in recent memory.

TampaSteelGirl
03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Well worth the price.

Agree!! :yellowthumb:

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 06:51 PM
In exchange for jacking our ticket prices, why not give us back our ticket lottery?

Ambridge
03-21-2008, 08:12 PM
First it's the Ticketmaster "Sellout" and now raising the ticket price!!

Up until last season I used to make 5 or more home games a season.....now I'll be lucky to make 2 or 3 games from now on.

Art II is a total A-hole and has started the slow roll to ruin the franchise.

Steelerlyn
03-21-2008, 08:30 PM
First it's the Ticketmaster "Sellout" and now raising the ticket price!!

Up until last season I used to make 5 or more home games a season.....now I'll be lucky to make 2 or 3 games from now on.

Art II is a total A-hole and has started the slow roll to ruin the franchise.

I completely agree with that!~ He is the one who chose Ticketmaster!~

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
This just really irks me to no end...Ticketmaster is the stupidest idea ever to sell all the game tickets. As if it wasn't easy enough for the scalpers and vendors to get all the tickets now they might as well just hand them all over to them and save themselves the hassle :cursin:

Last time I tried to get tickets last year I was online, wife on the phone, and my friend online at his house and we still couldn't get any! If the Chief were still around he wouldn't stand for this outrage of ripping off the fans!

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 11:09 PM
This just really irks me to no end...Ticketmaster is the stupidest idea ever to sell all the game tickets. As if it wasn't easy enough for the scalpers and vendors to get all the tickets now they might as well just hand them all over to them and save themselves the hassle :cursin:

Last time I tried to get tickets last year I was online, wife on the phone, and my friend online at his house and we still couldn't get any! If the Chief were still around he wouldn't stand for this outrage of ripping off the fans!

In addition, Ticketmaster's only use would be for the ticketexchange only.

Steelerlyn
03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
The bottom line is Joe Sixpack has no chance!~ It is all about money

SteelCityMan786
03-22-2008, 01:23 AM
The bottom line is Joe Sixpack has no chance!~ It is all about money

Yet it costs money if you wanna win.

Captcoolhand
03-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl) tickets for the 2008 NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) season will be increased by an average of $7.01. Sections 301-308, 314-328 and 334-340 will be $80 per seat. Sections 309-313, 329-333, 101-107, 115-127 and 135-140 will be $85 a seat. Sections 108, 114, 128 and 134 will be $90 per seat, which is a $10 increase. Sections 109, 113, 129 and 133 will be $95 each, a $10 increase. Sections 110, 111, 112, 130, 131 and 132 will be $100 per seat, a $15 increase. Mezzanine seats will be $105, a $10 increase. It is the sixth straight year the Giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl) have increased their tickets prices. The team had the 12th most expensive ticket prices in the league in 2007. Damn, if we are just catching up to average, I like to know where we stand in prices.:scratch:

I guess if you seek you shall find.....

The Steelers' average cost of $66 per ticket last season ranked 19th among the 32 NFL teams, according to a list published in January by HoustonTexans.com (http://houstontexans.com/) -- that compared with New England's average ticket price of $90.91, the highest in the NFL.
Many of the big-market teams rank high on the list of average price, such as No. 2 Washington at $88.59, No. 3 Dallas at $84.52, and rounding out the top five, the two New York teams, the Giants at $80.97 and the Jets at $79.87.
Jacksonville, which rarely sells out its home games, had the lowest average price in the NFL at $45.19.
Two of the Steelers' three AFC North Division rivals had higher average ticket prices before the recent increase at Heinz Field: Baltimore, sixth in the NFL, at $76.94, and Cincinnati, a nickel more than the Steelers, at $66.05. Cleveland, the fourth team in the division, was among the NFL bargains with an average ticket price of $48.54, fourth from the bottom.
The Steelers have sold out every home game since 1972, except for one when they offered refunds for a replacement game during the 1987 players' strike.

memphissteelergirl
03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
More proof that this sport has gone way too far in the direction of corporate luxury box whores and yuppie tea totalers and taken away from the everyday blue-collar Joe's .... who have basically been confined to the top 20 rows of the stadium end zones.

They need to consider re-naming the upper end-zones the "Working Poor Section."

Sadly, this is the trend in all of pro spors nowadays....it's not just exclusive to the Steelers.

Steelx
03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
It would be a shock if the Steelers were the only team to do this but all the teams do and if we the fans keep paying the money they will just keep going up. I do not buy tickets and never will for a pro game. I take that back I went to my first steelers game this past season and paid for tickets just to check it out. Other than that I will not support overpaid, wife beating, pre madonna's in anyway. I like the game but 25 year olds can beat up there wives or get drunk and drive around in there 100K dollar cars with your money or who ever pays these contracts.

V_83
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I do not buy tickets and never will for a pro game. I take that back I went to my first steelers game this past season and paid for tickets just to check it out. Other than that I will not support overpaid, wife beating, pre madonna's in anyway. I like the game but 25 year olds can beat up there wives or get drunk and drive around in there 100K dollar cars with your money or who ever pays these contracts.

So you don't support the Steelers? :scratch:

Steelx
03-24-2008, 05:25 PM
So you don't support the Steelers? :scratch:Not with my money thats for sure. Heart yes, my pay check means more to my kids college funds then going to overpaid crybabies that want more than the x millions they currently make.

V_83
03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Not with my money thats for sure. Heart yes, my pay check means more to my kids college funds then going to overpaid crybabies that want more than the x millions they currently make.

Fair enough. :tt02: