PDA

View Full Version : Rival Steelers' LB visits Browns

Captcoolhand
03-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Tony Grossi

Plain Dealer Reporter
Linebacker Clark Haggans, a mainstay pass rusher for the Pittsburgh Steelers the past four seasons, is the latest free agent to visit the Browns.
Haggans checked in on Tuesday and was to meet with team officials and coaches on Wednesday. The Browns are looking for a pass-rush complement to Kamerion Wimbley.
Haggans has spent his entire seven NFL seasons in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense. As a starter the past four seasons, Haggans posted 25 sacks. He also had 6 as a situational rusher in 2002. Overall, Haggans had 32 sacks for the Steelers.
with any luck he won't sign.:stirpot:

JoeThomas
03-19-2008, 11:26 AM
im all for it. not just cause he is a steeler and making a move to us, but because he is a solid player. mcginest is done and peek cant stay healthy. if they get him its a big upgrade.

ARKIESTEEL
03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
If he puts on a browns uni then forget that he was ever born

PsychoWard
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
i don't care where he goes when the Steelers get rid of somebody they never do anything no matter where they go... so hopefully the browns do sign him.:D

JoeThomas
03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
i don't care where he goes when the Steelers get rid of somebody they never do anything no matter where they go... so hopefully the browns do sign him.:D

id have to say orpheus roye did pretty well after he left pitt haha. but i agree, they seem to know when a guy is washed up or real close to it. what about plaxicoas well?

K Train
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
haggans has been to the browns and the colts....must suck to be that guy that almost gets there but not quite.

black an gold 4 life
03-19-2008, 03:46 PM
id have to say orpheus roye did pretty well after he left pitt haha. but i agree, they seem to know when a guy is washed up or real close to it. what about plaxicoas well?
THAT'S WHY U BROWNS WILL SING HIM BECAUSE HE'S WASHED UP, U LOSERS HAVE AN NACK 4 BRINGING N WASHED UP PLAYERS AN SIGNING THEM 2 LARGE PAY DAYS:greengrin::hilarious:

Stairwayto7
03-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Its to our benefit if he starts in cleve. Read some of my posts earlier this year. I couldn`t wait for the season to end so that he could be cut! Roye was different, he was young and talented but not the right fit for a 3-4. How about the brownies over paying Earl Holmes, then he lasted one season!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
must suck to be that guy that almost gets there but not quite.

Kinda like the Browns last year :lol:

TEEMONT
03-19-2008, 04:32 PM

Plex wasn't cut, he just wasn't resigned.

K Train
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Kinda like the Browns last year :lol:
lol nice

steelcityrockers
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I could really care less where (or if) he signs. He isn't coming back here-thankfully- and if he gets some Benjamins more power to him.

MDSteel15
03-20-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm hoping he goes to Miami with Peezy since they are changing to a 3-4!

Captcoolhand
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
PITTSBURGH - The man who represents free-agent linebacker Clark Haggans say the player has not ruled out returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers next season.
Agent Jason Sperbeck said in January that Haggans wouldn't remain with the team once he became a free agent.
But now Sperbeck is telling the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Haggans will consider an offer from the Steelers.
Haggans visited the Cleveland Browns yesterday, but still has not signed a contract with any team for next season and beyond.
Haggans lost his starting job to LaMarr Woodley last season. If he returns, it will likely be as a backup outside linebacker.Must not be getting any better offers....:dunno:

steelcityrockers
03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't want him back. Time to move on.

K Train
03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
he'll probably be backing up woodley this year

Captcoolhand
03-20-2008, 03:43 PM
he'll probably be backing up woodley this year
I don't mind that. Plus, he knows our system.:yesnod:

Stairwayto7
03-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Special Teams Baby!

JoeThomas
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
i like him here. he can start but alos split with peek and mcginest. its all about depth!