PDA

View Full Version : CB options for this years draft

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2008, 06:43 AM
With McFadden's status up in the air after this season and Deshea in the last year of his deal who do you think is a good option for us to pick up in this years draft? It's possible at this point we could use a day 1 pick at this position too.

SteelerSal
03-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't feel that one will be looked at until the later rounds.

McFadden should be re-signed (I hope) and Gay...from Louisville :greengrin:... played well, when given a chance, as a late round pick last season.

Question.....Is the draft only going with Rd 1 and 2 on the first day, starting this draft? I remember that the league was gonna make a change since last years day 1 took forever.

DIESELMAN
03-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Question.....Is the draft only going with Rd 1 and 2 on the first day, starting this draft? I remember that the league was gonna make a change since last years day 1 took forever.
Yup :yellowthumb:

SteelerSal
03-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Yup :yellowthumb:

Thought so, thanks Tom.

Looking at a DB in the first two rounds is crazy with this seasons major needs on both sides of the line.

K Train
03-15-2008, 09:26 AM
well i think mcfadden is gonna be fine, i really like him. and i think gay is gonna be a ****ing badass....he makes **** happen. theres quite a few guys out there that used to be first round guys but might slip cause of timed speed....we should look at those guys in the 3rd possibly

MDSteel15
03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
If these guys are here in the respective rounds, and our targeted players are NOT there, we could go with them:

3rd - Terrell Thomas USC 6'1" 4.57-40
Charles Godfrey Iowa 6'0" 4.38-40
Dwight Lowery San Jose State 6'1" 4.55-40
4th - Trae Williams USF 5'10" 4.40-40
5th - Darnell Terrell Missouri 6'2" 4.43-40
Tyvon Branch UConn 6'0" 4.45-40
6th/FA - Glenn Sharpe Miami(FL) 6'0" 4.42-40
Zachary Bowman Nebraska 6'2" 4.53-40
Brian Witherspoon Stillman 5'10" 4.23-40
Isaiah Gardner Maryland 5'11" 4.52-40
Derrick Huff E. Kentucky 5'11" 4.53-40
Jerrid Gaines Miami(OH) 5'11" 4.36-40

BlitzburghRockCity
03-16-2008, 10:46 AM
I look for Gay to be used more this year regardless of if McFadden resigns because with Townsend entering the last year of his deal that makes Gay's performance even more critical. If they think he can step up to the challenge then CB isn't as big of a need this year but if they question it even alittle bit then the McFadden signing becomes more paramount which ultimately affects the draft.

Aeshun1
03-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Jack Williams will be the sleeper pick of the draft..

Laugh now.. but not known publicly but WIDELY known by the NFL.

Look at his career stats, 250+ tackles, 13 picks, 20+ pbu's plus a crap load of forced fumbles and rumbles recoveries. His stat line blows everyone else away and he only played in 43 games. No bowl games at all. Has all the traits and characteristics of a 1st rounder. Don't believe me, looks at this numbers compared to Revis, Hall, Houston. and this year's top 3 Cb by every major draftnik.

Look at his pro day numbers and how they compare to last year's this year's. the best part is that he is a complete package player... Plays man, plays zone,

personal bests are

40 4.29 junior pro day and has been clockedc at 4.21 (twice for team times)
bench 391 max and 19 x 225
sht shuttle 3.85 proday did 4.13
3 cone 6.61
vertical 41'
standing brd jump 10'5"

Oh yea BTW he shared the defensive backfield with

Abram Elam UFA played with Cowboys and is currently with Jets
Usuma Young 3rd pick 6th corner taken last year with Saints.
Andre Kirkland UFA with St. Louis Rams hurt in last preseason game.

He missed two games total this year and still posted 90+ tackles and led the MAC in solos for most of the year.

No mileage in the KO return game. avg over 20 yrds. AWESOME Special Teamer
Check his stats against the BCS schools.. He shows up and dominates.

5'9" but is technically sound and has guarded the likes of Matt Spaeth, Todd Blythe, Matt Trannon, and a host of other Taller reciever's and shut them down. Has he been beat, sure but name another corner who hasn't been. Posted 19 takles against CMU.

HIS FILM DOESN'T LIE. That is why he will be drafted more than likely in the 2nd round... He has 1st round Traits but he played for a bottom of the barrel MAC school and had no pub....

Sorry Fellas, But Jack williams will not be around past the second round..

Draftniks only know about him now but the NFL teams and scouts have know about him for a while.

BTW, do you know who his coach was his freshman year at Kent St? Dean Pees the D Coordinator for Pats. trust me, he will not be around.

Other teams that covet him now are;

Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens, Colts, Gmen, Jags, Bears, Tampa

K Train
03-18-2008, 05:07 PM
nfldc has us taking justin king in the second....which i could live with. thats a fast mother****er

steelcitysfinestXL
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
king is a staright beast and a hometown kid! He was considered a top three cb pick until his numbers fell off hard as psu offense and defense both went in the toilet In '07... King in the second would be a very good pick as he has prototypical nfl size and speed!

Captcoolhand
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
alot of mock drafts I've been looking at has us taking Alberts and King.:yesnod: I won't complain about that either.:nono: