PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jones a Steeler?

Stairwayto7
03-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Read this on MSN, Rumors! I wanted Jones when he came out. But he moved up way to fast and far in the draft! I know its just a rumor now, but this would be sweet, thats Bens big, tall Wr, he been wanting. Now question is, does anyone else want him, and what would you be willing to give. I would give up a second rounder, and flip/flop first rounders.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/BFishin80/2008/3/6/Matt_Jones_to_the_Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2008, 06:14 AM
I wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th round pick for him but if he's going to be cut anyways according to those rumors then it wouldn't matter anyhow. He may be able to resurrect his career somewhere else and maybe a change of scenery would do him a world of good but I wouldn't give up a premium pick for him at this point.

NOVA STEELERS
03-14-2008, 06:26 AM
:ditto: I was hoping that he would drop to us in the draft as well, but he definately has not lived up to the hype. If we do get him, I :pray: that the change will make him a reliable option. :2cents:

Stairwayto7
03-14-2008, 06:58 AM
:ditto: I was hoping that he would drop to us in the draft as well, but he definately has not lived up to the hype. If we do get him, I :pray: that the change will make him a reliable option. :2cents:

I agree, besides in Pittsburgh he could be a third or fourth option, that could help him and us out. Defenses would have to repsect him.

ARKIESTEEL
03-14-2008, 08:40 AM
This dude was a great player at Arkansas. I would not mind seeing him a Steeler. The year Texas came up here and we just had to have a field goal to win he fumbled the ball trying to run on the 10 yard line broke my heart. Even with this Matt Jones has some skills.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
This would be a good pick up... i mean if we could wait until right before he is cut, and offer the Jags a trade for Ced or Ried, they may take it seeing as how they were gonna gain nothing but cap room but cutting him anyway!!!! I really dont wanna give up any day 1 picks for any one accept a qualityDL/OL!!! But as far as productivity, i think Matt Jones would be a much better weapon than Ced and has more "talent" than Nate!!! He could come into camp as a 4 and come out a 3 if he re-committed himself to being a better football player!!!

DIESELMAN
03-14-2008, 09:49 AM
As it is right now, Jones doesn't have any trade value whatsoever. Why would he? The Jags just signed Williamson and Porter, so they will probably let them fight it out in training camp. If Jones still doesn't get it, then they will cut him, then if we really want him, we can pick him up. Don't know if a change of scenery would help him or not, its not like Jacksonville is a big pressure, produce or your gone city, like Philly or New York.

Stairwayto7
03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
He could be a Kordell, Ward, El, type of WR. A little QB action now and then!

V_83
03-14-2008, 12:31 PM
I think this would be an awesome pickup. I really wanted to get him in the draft but better late than never. That is if the rumor is true.

AR Steeler
03-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I like him, he is talented.

K Train
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
it would be a waste....i have no interest in seeing this big doofy ****ing bum as a steeler....ohhhhhh hes 6-6...he must make a GREAT WR!!!

get over it, hes a bum

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
He's had his struggles in Jax for sure, in his defense though the Jags have never been a big throwing team so it's not like he probably got a ton of opportunity to really develop there.

V_83
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM
He's had his struggles in Jax for sure, in his defense though the Jags have never been a big throwing team so it's not like he probably got a ton of opportunity to really develop there.

Exactly, hes only played in Jacksonville who suck at passing the ball. If he does come here he'll be much better than before. Come on he's 6-6 and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash with a 40 inch vertical. I'm not gonna say he'll be amazing and an instant play maker, but he'll fill a small hole in our offense.

Prosdo
03-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't mind the Steelers giving him a chance as long as he came at the right price.

BlitzburghNation
03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Got to admit,,,,,,,,,,I really wanted him at the draft,but i was more then happy when we got Miller :towelwave: He is a true STEELER

Got my doubt's that he'll ever become any better then what he is now,,,,,,
All that speed & size means nothing when you drop the ball over & over
besides he's not a good route runner,,,,,,,Like everyone knows,that's not our pressing need anyways :popcorn:

K Train
03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
hes a bum...and thats that...he would make us a little worse

Black@Gold Forever32
03-14-2008, 04:57 PM
it would be a waste....i have no interest in seeing this big doofy ****ing bum as a steeler....ohhhhhh hes 6-6...he must make a GREAT WR!!!

get over it, hes a bum

I agree.....Plus you know I'm a fan of tallWRs....But only tall WRs that actually can play....Matt Jones is the perfect example of those combine workout warriors that shoot up draft boards just for the fact they had a good work out....So far in his career he hasn't proved jack as an NFL WR......

However if he is cut then if the Steelers brought him into camp at a cheap price then I wouldn't mind giving him a chance...They gave Ced Wilson a chance...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
They gave Ced Wilson a chance...lol

And look how that turned out :lol:

Ced did play well for us in some games but he is/was too inconsistent in crunch time. He seems to be what Nate was, one of those guys that would make a circus catch and then drop and easy one. Nate seems to have turned the corner now but Ced still seems to have not.

yinzer
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
He could be a Kordell, Ward, El, type of WR. A little QB action now and then!

yikes! we don't need another slash!!! :nono:

K Train
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
ok...kordell wouldve been great if he stuck to wideout. lol

SteelerSteve
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Theres probably no chance we end up with randy moss is there?

yinzer
03-14-2008, 06:57 PM

not a snowball's chance in hell

SteelerSteve
03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
not a snowball's chance in hellOkay, just making sure:yellowthumb:

K Train
03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
well matt jones is like a white randy moss...i mean he must be, hes tall AND fast...:rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-14-2008, 06:59 PM

You do know Randy Moss resigned with the Pats right?lol So no there is no chance for the Steelers to get Moss...lol

SteelerSteve
03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
well matt jones is like a white randy moss...i mean he must be, hes tall AND fast..."rolleyes"
:lol: yeah really! but Moss can catch it with ONE hand, sometimes Jones seems to have trouble catching it with TWO!

steelcityrockers
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
NO!! God No. Hell No. I pray not. He does not know how to run a route, his hands are terrible, and sometimes he looks like he lacks motivation. He is tall and has good deep speed. That are his positives. I am tired of some of you falling to your knees at every fat running back, every tall wide receiver, and every center that is cut.

K Train
03-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I am tired of some of you falling to your knees at every fat running back, every tall wide receiver, and every center that is cut.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow, all this fuss over an overrated tall WR, imagine that ! Now if Ben wouldn't have been yapping for a tall WR we wouldn't be talking about this, so it's all his fault :lol:

Stairwayto7
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Overrated yes! For a first rounder. And for a receiver that is a 1st or 2nd option.'

I`m talkning 4th pick, at best, amybe even FA. And him as a 4th option behind Holmes,Ward and Miller.

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2008, 10:05 PM
By reading that article it doesn't say anywhere that the Steelers signed him. It's just a fans hoping that they will sign him.

portcityblackandgold
03-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Matt Jones would defenitely open up our offensive package. He's a deep threat, great in the redzone and a threat to pass it. I like him as a
Steeler

steelcitysfinestXL
03-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Matt Jones would defenitely open up our offensive package. He's a deep threat, great in the redzone and a threat to pass it. I like him as a
Steeler
Well that doesn matter cause Ktrain doesnt like him, we should all just stop talking about it!!!! :nahnah:

Thing about it is:
1. Its not gonna happen , this is just a convo some people are getting all upset cause "we're droping to our knees" over players that are available!!! Sorry, thats what "I" think should be talked about in Feb-April, talk about free agents and the draft!!!

2. Jones started ZERO games for J-ville (a running team) in his career and has 13 tds, If you wanna make comparisons as a WR, A.R.E. (with us) started 5 games and had 6 rec. tds and 5 ret. tds in his first three seasons!!! Nate Washington has started 6 games in three seasons and has had 9 tds!!!

3. Nobody wants Matt Jones to come in and unseat Homes and or Ward nor would he!!! Jones would be more valuable to us than he would to J-ville. FOR THE RIGHT PRICE he would be worth a try!!!

K Train
03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
except...he sucks

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I agree with finest and Train....Jones sucks and really hasn't proven to be a legit NFL WR...He is the perfect example of a combine work out warrior that busted as a player in the NFL....

But at the sametime if the price was right why not give him a chance?.......What would it hurt if Jones signed a cheap contract and the Steelers gave him a chance? They gave Ced Wilson a chance...lol

SteelerSteve
03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
You do know Randy Moss resigned with the Pats right?lol So no there is no chance for the Steelers to get Moss...lolOh really? I honestly had no Idea, I have been in the dark lately trying to get myself up to speed:lol:

Fan Of STEEL
03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I am going to be pissed if the STEELERS pick anything other than offensive line with the first pick and possibly even the second.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
except...he sucks

HAHAHAHAH:clap: i always know i can count on you for insight homie!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I am going to be pissed if the STEELERS pick anything other than offensive line with the first pick and possibly even the second.

As much as i agree with you, Matt Jones is a 4 year player about to be cut by Jacksonville!!! We're talking about aquiring him prior to the draft as he will be a Free Agent, but he used to be a first round pick!!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I agree with finest and Train....Jones sucks and really hasn't proven to be a legit NFL WR...He is the perfect example of a combine work out warrior that busted as a player in the NFL....

But at the sametime if the price was right why not give him a chance?.......What would it hurt if Jones signed a cheap contract and the Steelers gave him a chance? They gave Ced Wilson a chance...lol

Im not sayin he sucks, i agree he would be worth a shot "at the right price"!!! I wouldnt want to see us give up much to have ths guy fight for a 3 or 4 wr!!! but i think he would be able to crack the line up right before or after Nate allowing us to deal ced and Reid and upgrade our WR corps and get Ben his "tall WR"!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
HAHAHAHAH:clap: i always know i can count on you for insight homie!!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

As much as i agree with you, Matt Jones is a 4 year player about to be cut by Jacksonville!!! We're talking about aquiring him prior to the draft as he will be a Free Agent, but he used to be a first round pick!!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Im not sayin he sucks, i agree he would be worth a shot "at the right price"!!! I wouldnt want to see us give up much to have ths guy fight for a 3 or 4 wr!!! but i think he would be able to crack the line up right before or after Nate allowing us to deal ced and Reid and upgrade our WR corps and get Ben his "tall WR"!!!

I didn't think you said he sucks......I just said I agree with both of you....I agree with Ktrain that Matt Jones really isn't a good NFL WR but I also agree if he is signs a cheap deal when he is cut then I would be all for giving him a chance....I

portcityblackandgold
03-17-2008, 10:23 PM
If the price is right and he's available, given the Steelers success with QBslashWRS he gotta be worth a shot. Since it doesnt look like firing
Arians is an option at this point Jones would defenitely give him a chance to open up the offensive package

steelcitysfinestXL
03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I didn't think you said he sucks......I just said I agree with both of you....I agree with Ktrain that Matt Jones really isn't a good NFL WR but I also agree if he is signs a cheap deal when he is cut then I would be all for giving him a chance....I

Gotcha, yeah i dont see the harm in bringing the guy in at a cheap price, but i guess some people think he isnt even worth the time!!!