PDA

View Full Version : What area doesn't need to be fixed or addressed this offseason?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
There's many needs on this team as we all know and Colbert has said that virtually any area is wide open to be addressed in the draft. In your opinion what position(s) are we set at right now that we don't need to fix?

Punter - I think we're ok there, DSep was solid in 2007 and should only get better

Kicker - Reed was outstanding in 2007 and really bounced back after a sub par 2006 season.

NT - Big Casey is as good as they come although he did seem to be a bit big this year and the team may want him to drop some pounds; Hoke is as solid a backup as you'll find in the league at that position.

CB - Ike and Deshea are the starters, McFadden is the main backup. I don't think they've given up on McFadden yet so I don't see them taking a CB very high this year if at all (but stranger things have happened).

Other than that you could make a case that really could use depth or someone to push the starters just about everywhere else.

V_83
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I could see them drafting a cornerback before they draft another linebacker.

BlackGold4vr
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
QB is a pretty safe position. We have Charlie Batch as a #2 and Brian St Pierre as a #3

Do we really need to waste a draft pick for a #4? :scratch:

Brady Quinn
03-11-2008, 11:07 AM
IN THIS LEAGUE YOU CANNOT HAVE TOO MANY LB OR CB

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2008, 11:12 AM
QB is a pretty safe position. We have Charlie Batch as a #2 and Brian St Pierre as a #3

Do we really need to waste a draft pick for a #4? :scratch:

Plus we already picked up Jared Zabransky so that should make us pretty set at QB for a nice 3rd string battle in preseason.

Ambridge
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Damn!!

Tight End should be numero uno on this list.

I will start bleeding from the Eyes and Ears if they waste another draft pick on a TE this year.

black an gold 4 life
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
we need young depth at the o-line an d-line an we could use help at the safety position an the corner position, oh an a tall reciever according 2 ben lol

K Train
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
mcfadden hasnt struggled so i dont know why they would give up on him. townsend was very good last year....he and mcfadden make each other better but i think deshea got the nod cause of seniority

Iron City South
03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Punter - I think we're ok there, DSep was solid in 2007 and should only get better.

He BETTER!

I need to see more from him this year. :yesnod:

Fat Casey better be a svelt 340 this year too! This business of looking like a 400 lbs. bag of fried pork rinds just isn't cutting it.

K Train
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
He BETTER!

I need to see more from him this year. :yesnod:

he was solid all year :scratch:

i think he had like 3 bad punts last year so quit hating

Iron City South
03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
he was solid all year :scratch:

i think he had like 3 bad punts last year so quit hating

I didn't say he was bad, I just expect more from a 2 time Ray Guy Award winner that we spent a 4th round pick on.

He played at a "Joe Average" level last year; a level that a 7th round pick could have played at. This is why I need to see more.

TEEMONT
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I didn't say he was bad, I just expect more from a 2 time Ray Guy Award winner that we spent a 4th round pick on.

He played at a "Joe Average" level last year; a level that a 7th round pick could have played at. This is why I need to see more.

IMO the less I see of Sepulveda, the better.

I thought he did well for a rookie. The game moves a lot faster at this level than is did at Baylor, no matter what position you play.

DIESELMAN
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
IMO the less I see of Sepulveda, the better.

I thought he did well for a rookie. The game moves a lot faster at this level than is did at Baylor, no matter what position you play.
:plus1: He'll continue to get better and be at the top of his game in no time.

TEEMONT
03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
[B][SIZE="5"]
Fat Casey better be a svelt 340 this year too! This business of looking like a 400 lbs. bag of fried pork rinds just isn't cutting it.

It cuts it when you're taking up 2-3 blockers on run plays.

DIESELMAN
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah but that didn't happen as often as in the past. Plus with all the extra weight, teams realized Casey was slower and he didn't draw as many double teams as in the past. I like Casey, he had a lot of good moments last year but he can be better, hes already proven that.

TEEMONT
03-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah but that didn't happen as often as in the past. Plus with all the extra weight, teams realized Casey was slower and he didn't draw as many double teams as in the past. I like Casey, he had a lot of good moments last year but he can be better, hes already proven that.

How old is he now?

DIESELMAN
03-11-2008, 02:47 PM
How old is he now?
He'll be 31 later this year, hes still got a lot left in the tank. Our whole DL is gettin old so that is a area of need in the draft.

MDSteel15
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Lets see... we DON'T need starters at:
QB
TE
RB
NT
CB
LB...not yet

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
mcfadden hasnt struggled so i dont know why they would give up on him. townsend was very good last year....he and mcfadden make each other better but i think deshea got the nod cause of seniority

McFadden has been hurt off and on the last 2 years and has seen limited action since Deshea has been playing so well. He's done OK but in the time he does get he's not dazzling or anything. As long as Townsend continues to play well McFadden will only get field time in the nickle & dime packages. I think Townsend is great he's a good leader on this team but I'd really like to see McFadden step up and assert himself this year.

BlackGold4vr
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Lets see... we DON'T need starters at:
QB
TE
RB
NT
CB
LB...not yet

We do need starters at these positions:

LG - Chris Kemoeatu/Branden Albert
C - Darnell Stapleton/Doug Legursky/Kory Lichtensteiger
RG - Willie Colon/Kendal Simmons
RT - Max Starks/Gosder Cherilus
RDE - Philip Merling/Antwan Balmer
FS - Anthony Smith/Tyrone Carter/ ???????

Dee Mca
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm going to agree and say we pretty much set at Punter. I'm just waiting to see D-sep level someone like Hester or Cobbs.

yinzer
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM

no way. hampton BARELY got double teamed this year. he was manhandled by one player 95% of the time. watch the videos.

Ambridge
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Yep! Casey needs to go on Nutri-System for 3 or 4 months and drop a lot of that blubber.
It seemed like he ballooned up more as the season went on and wasn't a factor like he used to be in the past.

I hope Tomlin and Lebeau keep track of his weight

Black@Gold Forever32
03-11-2008, 08:43 PM
keep in mind also that Joel Steed fell of fast also as a player....I remember when Steed made the Pro Bowl in 98.....It seem soon after that he went down hill fast.....Casey could be heading in that same route....Hey 3-4 NTs take a beating and when these NTs hit 30 or older their play could drop at any time and fast.....

K Train
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
steelers....#1 defense....counts for something, the run game obviously fell off without smith...but it wasnt casey getting manhandled that did it...smith does just as much for caseys play as casey does for smith

MDSteel15
03-12-2008, 01:31 AM
We do need starters at these positions:

LG - Chris Kemoeatu/Branden Albert
C - Darnell Stapleton/Doug Legursky/Kory Lichtensteiger
RG - Willie Colon/Kendal Simmons
RT - Max Starks/Gosder Cherilus
RDE - Philip Merling/Antwan Balmer
FS - Anthony Smith/Tyrone Carter/ ???????

Yes but this is "What DON"T we need" link......:eyecrazy:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to agree and say we pretty much set at Punter. I'm just waiting to see D-sep level someone like Hester or Cobbs.

That would be so hilarious! :clap: :yellowthumb:

steelcitysfinestXL
03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
steelers....#1 defense....counts for something, the run game obviously fell off without smith...but it wasnt casey getting manhandled that did it...smith does just as much for caseys play as casey does for smith

:plus1: Which is why i wouldnt be completely against drafting a stud DE to replace "Diesel"!!! (move Brett to situational OLB) Dont get me wrong, we NEED to get Williams or Cherilus... but if by some stretch they are gone, there is gonna be a stud left at DE when we pick and that would sure up our D. Allowing big snack to regain his form! You gotta think he played his best years between kimo and aaron!!! I like Kiesel, but i think he is better suited as a pass rusher not a run stuffer!!!

DIESELMAN
03-12-2008, 11:03 AM
It was our lack of DL depth that caused the run defense to fall off, we have nobody who can come in and be a factor especially when someone like Smith goes down. Like Ambridge said, he wasn't a factor like he was in the past.

Which is why i wouldnt be completely against drafting a stud DE to replace "Diesel"!!! (move Brett to situational OLB) Dont get me wrong, we NEED to get Williams or Cherilus... but if by some stretch they are gone, there is gonna be a stud left at DE when we pick and that would sure up our D. Allowing big snack to regain his form! You gotta think he played his best years between kimo and aaron!!! I like Kiesel, but i think he is better suited as a pass rusher not a run stuffer!!!

:yellowthumb: I've been saying that for a while now, with the talent at OL in this years draft, we're better off drafting a stud play maker DE with our 1st pick. Keisel needs to go back to ST's and bring that back up to respectability.

SteelerFan87
03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Positions we don't need to address this offseason:

QB
TE
Safety
P
K
NT
OLB (unless there's a can't miss, great player available)
CB (same as OLB)

Zachintosh66
03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
P/K

TE

QB - perhaps

Everything else we need improvements and or backups...

AR Steeler
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
i wish the steelers would sign me!ha