PDA

View Full Version : Hadnot signs with.....

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Hadnotís agent, Brian Overstreet, told The Palm Beach Post this afternoon Hadnot has agreed to terms with the Browns.

yinzer
03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
of course he did. god forbid we sign somebody to replace the human turnstile... :banging::banging:

Brady Quinn
03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't know much about this guy. Is he worth anything?

yinzer
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM

that depends. how good is your center?

steelcityrockers
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
He is solid but unspectacular in all phases of his game.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
At this point I'd take solid or even average over turnstyle we had at center last year. I don't think any of us really expected him to sign, after all we only have a couple mill in cap space right now pending what Starks does.

yinzer
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
At this point I'd take solid or even average over turnstyle we had at center last year. I don't think any of us really expected him to sign, after all we only have a couple mill in cap space right now pending what Starks does.

we don't have a solid center nor does it look like we're gonna get one.

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 08:52 PM
We'll get one in the draft.

yinzer
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
We'll get one in the draft.

one that's going to replace mahan his first year?

JoeThomas
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM

he has started 55 games so he has experiance. solid backup incase of injury. can play guard and center.

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
one that's going to replace mahan his first year?

Justice will be served in round 2..... :banana:

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
one that's going to replace mahan his first year?Don't know but I seriously doubt Mahan is our C next season.

Justice will be served in round 2..... :banana:Thats kind of a reach for him ain't it?

K Train
03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
since when do the browns have $40 billion in cap room?

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
since when do the browns have $40 billion in cap room?
A lot of teams got in excess of the 116 million cap because they learned to exploit some of the loopholes in the CBA concerning incentives. There are also teams out there that are making FA decisions thinking 2009 and/or 2010 will be an uncapped year.

K Train
03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
i really doubt that will happen :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Having an uncapped NFL would be a disaster and this point I really think the CBA will get ironed out to continue having a salary cap. They may dramatically increase it, and that's fine but having an uncapped NFL would spell disaster for the league.

These teams blowing all kinds of money on FA's right now are in for a world of trouble and dead money in the next 3-5 years.

Brady Quinn
03-11-2008, 10:06 AM
THE NFL IS SUCH A WIN RIGHT NOW LEAGUE NOT THAT YOU DON'T GET MUCH TIME TO BUILD TEAMS ANYMORE. THE BROWNS LOOK A LOT BETTER ON PAPER, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO PLAY.

Ambridge
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Having an uncapped NFL would be a disaster and this point I really think the CBA will get ironed out to continue having a salary cap. They may dramatically increase it, and that's fine but having an uncapped NFL would spell disaster for the league.

These teams blowing all kinds of money on FA's right now are in for a world of trouble and dead money in the next 3-5 years.

It's the Idiot owners like Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones who would love an Un-capped NFL and have complained about having to share their profits with the rest of the league.

The last I heard the Redskins are 20 million "Over" the cap and it pretty much goes to prove that Championships cannot be bought. Building a team through the draft and plugging in key free agents in a common sense manner is what Wins in the NFL.

There is no doubt that an uncapped NFL would bring nothing but Ruin to the league and financially cripple the smaller market teams.

V_83
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
THE NFL IS SUCH A WIN RIGHT NOW LEAGUE NOT THAT YOU DON'T GET MUCH TIME TO BUILD TEAMS ANYMORE. THE BROWNS LOOK A LOT BETTER ON PAPER, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO PLAY.

Living in OH, I know many browns fans. You are the first I've heard say this. Everybody else seems to be hyping themselves up like the bengals did a few years back, and it's getting pretty annoying. :banging: It's nice to know that there are still some realists. :yellowthumb:
I'm not saying the browns won't be better than us, which I don't think they will be, I'm just saying its way to early to tell.

Brady Quinn
03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I JUST THINK OUR SCHEDULE IS TOUGHER THAN LAST YEAR AND WE HAVE A LOT OF NEW PIECES THAT SHOULD IN THEORY MAKE US BETTER, BUT THE SKINS ARE AMAZING ON PAPER EVERY YEAR AND THEY CONTINUE TO SUCK. I ADMITT THE STEELERS HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN US FOR A WHILE AND THAT GAP SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN SMALLER AND IF THINGS GO THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO IT MAY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. IT WILL MAKE THE GAMES BETTER BETWEEN US.

JoeThomas
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I JUST THINK OUR SCHEDULE IS TOUGHER THAN LAST YEAR AND WE HAVE A LOT OF NEW PIECES THAT SHOULD IN THEORY MAKE US BETTER, BUT THE SKINS ARE AMAZING ON PAPER EVERY YEAR AND THEY CONTINUE TO SUCK. I ADMITT THE STEELERS HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN US FOR A WHILE AND THAT GAP SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN SMALLER AND IF THINGS GO THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO IT MAY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. IT WILL MAKE THE GAMES BETTER BETWEEN US.

im with ya, we cant say were better till we win a few games and our division. for more then 1 year. it would be a disaster to go to an uncapped system. then new york, dallas, chicago, and any other owners with extremely deep pockets will buy and trade for everything. the browns still have 12 million in cap space before the draft after there latest moves. the reason pittsburgh hasnt done anything is they have 1.3 mil in cap room. but it will be alot better next year im sure.

DIESELMAN
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
The only way to say your as good or better is to show more consistency in this league. So far the Browns have been consistent at losing, last year was a good season, but like I said earlier don't be the Ratbirds and Bungholes and be 1 year wonders.

JoeThomas
03-11-2008, 01:43 PM
The only way to say your as good or better is to show more consistency in this league. So far the Browns have been consistent at losing, last year was a good season, but like I said earlier don't be the Ratbirds and Bungholes and be 1 year wonders.

everything points too us not but as we all know, were a injury or two away from being 6-10 again. i just want to have some good, competitive division games, hopefully win them all or most, and make the playoffs.