PDA

View Full Version : Former Bengal says Johnson hit coach

NOVA STEELERS
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
CINCINNATI (TICKER) —Cincinnati Bengals star wide receiver Chad Johnson reportedly took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis.

A former Bengals player said earlier this week that Johnson punched Lewis at halftime of the Bengals’ 31-17 wild-card playoff loss to the Steelers in January 2006, according to a report Saturday in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The newspaper cited Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Shaun Smith, a former Cincinnati backup and member of the 2005 AFC North Division champion Bengals.

On Thursday, a video of Smith’s revelation - at the Central Maryland Browns Backers meeting - appeared on YouTube. By Friday morning, the video was removed from the popular web site, reportedly at Smith’s request.

In the video, Smith reportedly told the Browns Backers, “He swung on Marvin. (Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”

The Bengals have refused to comment on the video, and Johnson has denied that the incident ever occurred.

Just another day in bungel land :lol::yesnod:

JoeThomas
03-10-2008, 01:09 PM
CINCINNATI (TICKER) —Cincinnati Bengals star wide receiver Chad Johnson reportedly took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis.

A former Bengals player said earlier this week that Johnson punched Lewis at halftime of the Bengals’ 31-17 wild-card playoff loss to the Steelers in January 2006, according to a report Saturday in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The newspaper cited Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Shaun Smith, a former Cincinnati backup and member of the 2005 AFC North Division champion Bengals.

On Thursday, a video of Smith’s revelation - at the Central Maryland Browns Backers meeting - appeared on YouTube. By Friday morning, the video was removed from the popular web site, reportedly at Smith’s request.

In the video, Smith reportedly told the Browns Backers, “He swung on Marvin. (Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”

The Bengals have refused to comment on the video, and Johnson has denied that the incident ever occurred.

Just another day in bungel land :lol::yesnod:

doesnt surprise me, he thinks he is god there. he will eventually wear out his welcome and be traded. its only a matter of time.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
This reminds me of when Buddy Ryan took a swing at Kevin Gilbride back when they both coached together :bwah:

yinzer
03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
johnson took a lesson from when Troy knocked his gold fronts clean out of his skull!

JoeThomas
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
This reminds me of when Buddy Ryan took a swing at Kevin Gilbride back when they both coached together :bwah:

haha i remember that, that was along time ago. classic!!!:hilarious: