PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! What is going on here?

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Davone Bess has fallen to Rd7-UFA status!!! What happened to him? Did I miss something here? We could bring him in along with Mario Urrutia in as UFAs!!! One is compared to Hines and the other might be a project but he's 6'6" and id Ben's "Big Target"... Even Adarius Bowman has fallen to a 5th round prospect!

Ben Moffitt and Jeremy Lehman are now 7th-FA ILB prospects!

FS Corey Lynch from App. State is the same size as Simeon Castille, who I've seen people having us take in the 3rd and 4th round, but projected for the 6th round! He's a freaking ball hawk that I think would be a nice pick late.

OLB Ali Highsmith has fallen from a possible 1st rounder to a 3rd-4th round pick!!

Not that I'd want Highsmith but the others I mentioned I've heard people express interest and wouldn't mind taking a look at! Can somebody tell me what they have heard? Thanks

K Train
03-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Highsmith, bess, and bowman....all are badasses. its the timed speed that has killed them

darnik44
03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure where you are looking, but there is no "official" draft stock. Bess will be taken in the 4th or 5th round I'm fairly certain. Moffitt and Leman have never been very good NFL prospects, and neither would do the Steelers much good anyways. Urrutia is a guy who should have stayed in school, and likely won't get drafted. His size is really the only thing he has going for him as an NFL prospect.

Highsmith is undersized, and everyone knew that. Then he ran a 4.9 40 and he's now undersized and slow. Many thought he could move to SS, but not with that speed. I never understood the hype on Highsmith. Good college player, but doesn't translate to the NFL all that well.

K Train
03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
highsmith is gonna be good....hes got great instincts and hes not as slow as his timed speed suggests

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure where you are looking, but there is no "official" draft stock. Bess will be taken in the 4th or 5th round I'm fairly certain. Moffitt and Leman have never been very good NFL prospects, and neither would do the Steelers much good anyways. Urrutia is a guy who should have stayed in school, and likely won't get drafted. His size is really the only thing he has going for him as an NFL prospect.

There isn't but all the so-called experts have them ranked this low! So that is why I say that.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Highsmith, bess, and bowman....all are badasses. its the timed speed that has killed them

Plax was an idiot coming out but we still took him hi....
Bam Morris and Eric Green also....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Davone Bess has fallen to Rd7-UFA status!!! What happened to him? Did I miss something here? We could bring him in along with Mario Urrutia in as UFAs!!! One is compared to Hines and the other might be a project but he's 6'6" and id Ben's "Big Target"... Even Adarius Bowman has fallen to a 5th round prospect!

Ben Moffitt and Jeremy Lehman are now 7th-FA ILB prospects!

FS Corey Lynch from App. State is the same size as Simeon Castille, who I've seen people having us take in the 3rd and 4th round, but projected for the 6th round! He's a freaking ball hawk that I think would be a nice pick late.

OLB Ali Highsmith has fallen from a possible 1st rounder to a 3rd-4th round pick!!

Not that I'd want Highsmith but the others I mentioned I've heard people express interest and wouldn't mind taking a look at! Can somebody tell me what they have heard? Thanks

I'm with you on Corey Lynch...I have read on some sites that he could go undrafted....I like Lynch...I think he could help on special teams right away on the kick coverage units....Plus he blocked the field goal in the Michigan game to seal the win for App. State....He would also give us some depth at S.....

darnik44
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
There isn't but all the so-called experts have them ranked this low! So that is why I say that.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Plax was an idiot coming out but we still took him hi....
Bam Morris and Eric Green also....

Those guys were all high draft picks. Urrutia came out early and likely won't get drafted.

Most of the "experts" you see on TV don't go beyond 5 or 10 in their rankings. They seem to try to be safe I guess. That way a 6th round pick can light the league up and they can say they knew he would.

If Scott Wright is one of the experts you speak of, I have news for you. He's a guy who owns a website and poses as a draft scout.

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 08:57 PM
There are a lot of sites out there that rank these players. Some of them know what they're talkin about the others are just clueless. Its up to us to figure out who knows and who don't.

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Those guys were all high draft picks. Urrutia came out early and likely won't get drafted.

Most of the "experts" you see on TV don't go beyond 5 or 10 in their rankings. They seem to try to be safe I guess. That way a 6th round pick can light the league up and they can say they knew he would.

If Scott Wright is one of the experts you speak of, I have news for you. He's a guy who owns a website and poses as a draft scout.

What are you talking about? That wasn't even an answer to what you were talking about. That was for Ktrain.
The experts that are hired to do nothing but watch players and get us "junkies" ready for the draft each year have and entire list on their webs! Those 5-10 picks you see are only for the people who don't join the sites and read further.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

There are a lot of sites out there that rank these players. Some of them know what they're talkin about the others are just clueless. Its up to us to figure out who knows and who don't.

Exactly Diesel. I take about 10 different ones and average them all out to where they are ranked. Most aren't too different but Mayock is really crazy this year in a lot of peoples opinions....

steelcitysfinestXL
03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Mayock is one of the guys i think has the most "knowledge" when it comes to judging talent!!! His picks/rankings are a bit skewed form time to time but he normally hits alot of these guys right on!!

MDSteel15
03-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Mayock is one of the guys i think has the most "knowledge" when it comes to judging talent!!! His picks/rankings are a bit skewed form time to time but he normally hits alot of these guys right on!!

I agree with ya but it seems like when him and Marshall Faulk were talking about Best RB in the draft, Faulk looked at Mayock like he was on crack! LOL