PDA

View Full Version : Harrison arrested for assault...rumor of drug possession not true.

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I've been reading rumors circulating around different boards that Silverback got busted for possession of pot. Its not true!! So if anyone happens to hear or see some BS like that, you'll know. :yellowthumb:

Heres one of them.....Bunch of Crap!!! (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=128517)

Notice they spelled Silverback wrong.....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't care if he was....lol I'm sure many on the Steelers and around the NFL smoke the magic herb.....Blue Berry Yum Yum is my personal fav...lol I'm sure Ben hits on Billy Bong Thornton from time to time...lol

Marvel Smith was busted with it a few years back and he is still on the team.....

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Blue Berry Yum Yum is my personal fav...lol I'm sure Ben hits on Billy Bong Thornton from time to time...lol

Marvel Smith was busted with it a few years back and he is still on the team.....
Blue Berry Yum Yum? WTF?!?!?!?! :hilarious:Now days I just smoke the Hydro :yellowthumb:

yinzer
03-08-2008, 09:35 PM
i love all those, "my uncle's brother's aunt's college roomate's former brother-in-law" told me so... gimme a friggin break! i wonder what jag started that nonsense??!!!

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
i love all those, "my uncle's brother's aunt's college roomate's former brother-in-law" told me so... gimme a friggin break! i wonder what jag started that nonsense??!!!Who knows...its definitely the off season with stuff like that.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Smokin the wacky week :lol: :lol:

You can tell it's the offseason when people are this bored as to try and stir the pot by posting up something like this.

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 11:54 PM
for Assaulting his girlfriend (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_556349.html)

Dako
03-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Guess that means the Bengals will be trying to get him on to their team

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Well this just sucks, I wonder what all transpired to make this go so bad :nonod: Hopefully this doesn't turn into anything else.

Koopa
03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
if he hit her, cut his ***, i don't tolerate men hitting women, especially big *** dudes like him............ but, i'm sure this is just a case of a typical athletes bitch just starting **** to get some hush money

Stairwayto7
03-09-2008, 09:23 AM
if he hit her, cut his ***, i don't tolerate men hitting women, especially big *** dudes like him............ but, i'm sure this is just a case of a typical athletes bitch just starting shiat to get some hush money

Agreed, well said Koopa

Captcoolhand
03-09-2008, 10:19 AM
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was charged Saturday with slapping his girlfriend across the face and breaking her cell phone in half.
Harrison of Franklin Park is accused of arguing with Beth Tibbott, 29, at her Sonie Drive, Ohio Township, home at 12:55 p.m., according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Ohio Township police to support the charges.
Attempts to reach the Steelers and Harrison were unsuccessful last night.
The couple argued and Tibbott locked herself in the bedroom, the affidavit stated. She was attempting to call 911 when Harrison broke through the door, took her phone, slapped her in the face and knocked off her glasses. Police said she had red marks on her left cheek. Tibbott told police she was afraid of Harrison, the affidavit said.
Harrison is charged with one count each of simple assault and criminal mischief. He was arraigned yesterday before District Judge Carla Swearingen and released with a nonmonetary bond.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday at District Justice Tara Smith's office in Bellevue.
Franklin Park police found Harrison as he was driving back to his residence and told him to return to the Sonie Drive home to speak with investigators, the affidavit stated. Harrison admitted he and his girlfriend had an argument and he broke through the door into her bedroom and slapped her in the face, according to the affidavit.
Harrison, 29, was cut four times and was a reserve/special teams player before becoming a starter last season.
Harrison, a four-year veteran out of Kent State, exceeded expectations and was named the team's Most Valuable Player in 2007, edging quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Typical case where A women simply DON"T know when to shut The F*ck up!

JoeThomas
03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
suspend him!!!

Stairwayto7
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
suspend him!!!

Surprise answer! :nono:

Captcoolhand
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Surprise answer! :nono:
Not coming from a guy that uses a bobblehead doll for an avatar....:lol:

Damn Clown fans get to much freedom around here.:evilshake:

Iron City South
03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
You people are funny ....

Some of you already have him tried and convicted guilty as charged! Keep in mind that while he was "charged" for assult, he isn't guilty until the facts are sorted out and he has a fair trial.

How many times a year does this (i.e., girfriend allegations) happen to professional athletes these days? This could be a case of gold digging at its finest, or it could be an extremely embellished domestic dispute case. This girl could very well have known she was on her way out of his life and wanted to make a last ditch effort to grab some of his cash before she got shown the door.

My point is, it's extremely unfair to assume his is guilty before all the facts and the judge decide accordingly.

Stairwayto7
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
You people are funny ....

Some of you already have him tried and convicted guilty as charged! Keep in mind that while he was "charged" for assult, he isn't guilty until the facts are sorted out and he has a fair trial.

How many times a year does this (i.e., girfriend allegations) happen to professional athletes these days? This could be a case of gold digging at its finest, or it could be an extremely embellished domestic dispute case. This girl could very well have known she was on her way out of his life and wanted to make a last ditch effort to grab some of his cash before she got shown the door.

My point is, it's extremely unfair to assume his is guilty before all the facts and the judge decide accordingly.

I agree with the innocence until proven guilty! Bottom line, that is fair.

On the other side of your argument about athletes though. They are just people too. They shouldn`t be given a pedestal off the field, in a courtroom or anywhere else. i`ve always said that your athletic ability does not make you a man. We can not assume that the woman is lying either. But I do agree with what you said!

K Train
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
bitch probably deserved it

Brady Quinn
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I am sure it is the same thing that you hear about almost every week. These guys have all the money in the world and still get mixed up with bad chicks. I am sure he will get out of any lurking trouble.

Stairwayto7
03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I am sure it is the same thing that you hear about almost every week. These guys have all the money in the world and still get mixed up with bad chicks. I am sure he will get out of any lurking trouble.

I hope he didn`t do anything wrong! But if were a player from another teamw e would want him hung. We cannot always assume that its a bad chick.

DIESELMAN
03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
People see the word "assault" and automatically assume that she just got all ****ed up, teeth missing, bloody nose, black eye and its the death sentence for the man. I'm not saying its right to hit a woman because its not. But who's to say this "assault" wasn't just a quick pop in the mouth to get her attention cuz she was acting really stupid about some **** we have no clue about. Woman CAN drive you crazy enough to give them a wake up call. Just for the record...I've never hit a woman in my life.

yinzer
03-09-2008, 12:15 PM
suspend him!!!

still bitter about silverback SLAMMING your silly clowns fan are ya?

SteelerSal
03-09-2008, 12:18 PM
still bitter about silverback SLAMMING your silly clowns fan are ya?

yinzer, did you ever think that he was that silly clowns fan?:lol:

yinzer
03-09-2008, 12:20 PM
yinzer, did you ever think that he was that silly clowns fan?:lol:

i'm starting to get that feeling! :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2008, 02:09 PM
We don't know anything about this situation yet here people...we don't know what kind of history there has been between these two, what events lead up to this, what other factors are involved, etc. All we know is what the media has told us so far. Let's not past judgment on either one of them till we know all the facts.

None of us condones violence against women regardless of who is involved but lets just wait and see before we start building the gallows.

floodcitygirl
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Nobody deserves to be treated that way in a relationship. If he did it, I hope she does sue his arse and gets every penny and that he serves the limit in what can be done legally. Being rich, an athelete, even a Steeler is no excuse.

If she's lying she deserves to be charged with making false claims and should pay the full penalty for that.

He seemed like a nice guy when I met him....very down to earth. Hope it's not true.

SteelerSteve
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
an open handed bitch slap? she probably deserved it :lol: its not like he beat her the F up or anything.

floodcitygirl
03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Nobody deserves to be hit in the face open handed or close fisted, with the exception of certain criminals.

Prosdo
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Not something I wanted to hear during the off-season.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
A man should never hit a women....Only exception if a women was trying to kill a man then in self defense it would be alright....As for James Harrison....I'm willing to give him another chance...Nobody is perfect....As far a I know he doesn't have a history of smacking women or even being arrested.....So this could be just a one time incident......But anybody thinking roid rage?....Sounds like it to me...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2008, 05:23 PM
When I told my wife her first reaction was, "what did she do that caused him to get that mad" ? Not something I expected to hear from her. I expected the usual " well that's just wrong, or what the hell was he thinking" :lol: Just goes to show you can never full judge anyone in any situation till you get all the facts.

SteelerSteve
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Nobody deserves to be hit in the face open handed or close fisted, with the exception of certain criminals.I agree to a point, but I cant say that NOBODY deserves to be hit, there are plenty of *******s who arent actually criminals that would probably benefit from a good pop to the face lol

DIESELMAN
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm an old school guy who believes in not hitting a woman but in this day and age, there are women out there who are just off the hook with BS that they can throw at someone. I stated earlier that some people even a woman do stuff that deserves a quick pop in the mouth, and as soon as they get that, you would be surprised how fast they come back to reality and realize what kind of an ******* they were.

yinzer
03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Nobody deserves to be hit in the face open handed or close fisted, with the exception of certain criminals.

that DOES include men!

TEEMONT
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
you hit a chick, you're an automatic douche in my book, until proven otherwise.

floodcitygirl
03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I guess I'm jaded when it comes to this stuff. I got punched in the head several years back by a guy that I wouldn't let beat up on a girl. He broke my cell phone to stop me from calling 911 too. I told him that day after I picked myself up off the ground that he hit the wrong woman. I made it a point to prove that to him.

Even though he didn't get much punishment from the county we were in, I found out that the guy had already been on probation. I got ahold of his propation officer (a military guy who didn't take kindly to a woman getting hit). I testified against him and the probation officer was able to get his probation revoked. It sent him back to not just the county jail but the PA State prison for 4 years. Now he has to pay me monthly for restitution on my medical bills, travel expenses, and my cell phone. If the dude had a pot to pee in, I would have sued his arse in small claims. I'm not sure but I think if he had the chance he might like to take that punch back.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

that DOES include men!I believe nobody does include men. lol

swissvale72
03-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Good post, Flood City...

Never right to hit a woman....guess there could be an EXTREMELY extenuating circumstance where one's life & limb is compromised. Doubt that was the case here.

Harrison was wrong, and from his corroboration, etc., it seems like he knows that. Everyone has their plusses & minuses. Harrison's long been portrayed by his teammates as being crazy....he did the wrong thing, but he also seems to be a no bullshit guy, so he's not trying to say it was an "accident," or some other such nonsense.

Perhaps he gets ordered into treatment, involved in a batterers intervention, something like that.

He effed up, i think he knows that. he'll need to suffer the consequences.

kgreen
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Jeeeez James! Why? :banging:

JoeThomas
03-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Not coming from a guy that uses a bobblehead doll for an avatar....:lol:

Damn Clown fans get to much freedom around here.:evilshake:

coming from a guy who has some cartoon character bashing his brains in over a game:bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:

portcityblackandgold
03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
bitch probably deserved it

You a pimp. I know a pimp by the way he talks. You da man

Silverback 92
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I was hoping it wasnt so...being old school I cant see a reason for a guy ever to hit a woman...open hand, fist what ever !!! No reason for it.. just walk away !!!

yinzer
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
coming from a guy who has some cartoon character bashing his brains in over a game:bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:

:crybabyclowns:

Stlrs4Life
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Why, oh why?

V_83
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM

Somewhat reminds me of the movie, The Boondock Saints. A good movie with a good story that I completely agree with.

JoeThomas
03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
:crybabyclowns:

i wonder if ben is still picking the glass out of his face from the wind:scratch:shield he hit???

K Train
03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
i think its bs...this always gets blown way out of porportion....she couldve been throwing knives at him and he grabbed her arm and got arrested....we dont ****ing know what happened

kgreen
03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Under NO circumstances is this acceptable. I mean in self-defense yes. But, because she won't shut or yo don't like what she's doing? NO, no no! Hitting women is wrong and he should get cut from this team I don't give a sh*t what he did last year!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

i wonder if ben is still picking the glass out of his face from the wind:scratch:shield he hit???

Hmmmm..............32 TDs later............I'd say the glass is out!:tt02:

K Train
03-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Under NO circumstances is this acceptable. I mean in self-defense yes. But, because she won't shut or yo don't like what she's doing? NO, no no! Hitting women is wrong and he should get cut from this team I don't give a sh*t what he did last year!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Hmmmm..............32 TDs later............I'd say the glass is out!:tt02:

were you there?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2008, 02:16 AM
The Steelers aren't going to cut Harrison just because of this incident. Teams just don't do that to players unless it's something really horrific and off the wall. Things like what Ricky Williams got himself into, Mike Vick, etc. those guys get cut and rightfully so but the Rooney's aren't going to can James for just 1 incident.

Ambridge
03-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Way to go James!! :evilshake:

How many of these domestic incidents do you have to read or hear about to realize that these type of situations are to be avoided like the Plague.

Maybe it's easier said than done but you got to keep in mind what you stand to lose if you're getting in a heated arguement with your girlfriend, stranger or anyone else........walk away........go for a ride but don't let things get out of hand.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I wonder if the Soldja has recovered any of his signing bonus he forfeited after his little crotch rocket joy ride??

DIESELMAN
03-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I wonder if the Soldja has recovered any of his signing bonus he forfeited after his little crotch rocket joy ride??

:haha:

just to refresh your memory. Ben knows how to ride a motorcycle, a car pulled out in front of him when he had his accident. Whereas Winslow hit a ****ing curb when he wrecked his bike :haha:

Brady Quinn
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
HITTING A WOMAN IS WRONG. I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE. AS FOR THE BIKE THINK I DON'T THINK ANY OF THESE DUDES SHOULD BE ON BIKES.

BlackGold4vr
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
HITTING A WOMAN IS WRONG.

All depends on what she did. Some women need to be thrown a good beating every now and then.

JUST KIDDING! :lol:

JoeThomas
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Way to go James!! :evilshake:

How many of these domestic incidents do you have to read or hear about to realize that these type of situations are to be avoided like the Plague.

Maybe it's easier said than done but you got to keep in mind what you stand to lose if you're getting in a heated arguement with your girlfriend, stranger or anyone else........walk away........go for a ride but don't let things get out of hand.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

90 catches 2 years in a row, id say so.

TEEMONT
03-10-2008, 02:38 PM

dont be a dumbass.

Captcoolhand
03-10-2008, 02:48 PM
dont be a dumbass.
COME ON YOU'RE TALKING TO A CLOWN FAN.....

steelcityrockers
03-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Although what he did (from what I have heard anyway, wasn't there) was wrong, it would be wrong to cut him. People make mistakes. It happens. A lot. To everyone. I am sure you have done something you regret before. Life is sorta impossible without it. I don't know what line of work you are in, but for for my analogy to work say you are a mover. One day you forget to properly package a vase or something similarly fragile and it breaks. Do you expect to get fired? Of course not. I know it isn't the same situation, but my point is you should not be deemed a menace to society for a mstake. I am not trying to make excuses for him but.....**** happens. Sometimes you screw up. It happens to the best and worst) of us.

memphissteelergirl
03-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Nobody deserves to be treated that way in a relationship. If he did it, I hope she does sue his arse and gets every penny and that he serves the limit in what can be done legally. Being rich, an athelete, even a Steeler is no excuse.

If she's lying she deserves to be charged with making false claims and should pay the full penalty for that.

He seemed like a nice guy when I met him....very down to earth. Hope it's not true.

Agreed, fcg....there is no excuse for this kind of crap! NONE!!

yinzer
03-10-2008, 08:34 PM

that's really the best you can do? come on, Stain lover, you got more in you than that lame *** come back. remind me again how many times you beat us last year.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2008, 01:19 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08069/863787-66.stm

Steelers' Harrison charged
Sunday, March 09, 2008
By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was arrested yesterday on charges that he assaulted his girlfriend in Ohio Township.

Mr. Harrison, 29, of Franklin Park, was arraigned yesterday on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief.

Ohio Township police said the woman, Beth Tibbott, who turns 30 tomorrow, called police after Mr. Harrison had assaulted her.

According to the affidavit filed in support of the arrest, Ms. Tibbott and the pro-football player were arguing at her Sonie Drive residence just before 1 p.m. when she locked herself in a bedroom.

Mr. Harrison broke down the door and, while Ms. Tibbott was trying to call 911, he took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to the affidavit.

Ms. Tibbott said he then hit her with an open hand in the face, knocking off her glasses. Township police said her left cheek showed "red marks."

Mr. Harrison left the house driving a tan Hummer and a few minutes later Franklin Park police pulled him over as he was headed to his home on Matterhorn Road.

Police brought him back to the scene, where police said he corroborated what Ms. Tibbott had reported to authorities.

Mr. Harrison was arraigned in Night Court and released on his own recognizance pending a preliminary hearing Thursday at 8:30 a.m. before District Judge Tara L. Smith.

Koopa
03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
damn, not only did he hit a bitch, he hit a bitch with glasses..........

RW318
03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
People see the word "assault" and automatically assume that she just got all ****ed up, teeth missing, bloody nose, black eye and its the death sentence for the man. I'm not saying its right to hit a woman because its not. But who's to say this "assault" wasn't just a quick pop in the mouth to get her attention cuz she was acting really stupid about some shiat we have no clue about. Woman CAN drive you crazy enough to give them a wake up call. Just for the record...I've never hit a woman in my life.

So it's all right to slap the **** out of someone if they aren't paying attention? Some people go to stupid ****ing lengths to defend a player on their team. Unless she was running at you with a got damn knife....you have no reason to hit her. No reason at all.

You hit her....it's assault regardless if she's pouring blood out of her mouth or doesn't even have a red mark on her face. He's just another piece of trash regardless of what uniform he wears to work.

That is.....if this is true lol.

DIESELMAN
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
So it's all right to slap the shiat out of someone if they aren't paying attention? Some people go to stupid ****ing lengths to defend a player on their team. Unless she was running at you with a got damn knife....you have no reason to hit her. No reason at all.

You hit her....it's assault regardless if she's pouring blood out of her mouth or doesn't even have a red mark on her face. He's just another piece of trash regardless of what uniform he wears to work.

lol No man its not ok to slap the shiat out of someone to get their attention, big difference between that and a quick pop in the mouth though, which is what I said. Either way there is no reason to hit a woman unless like you said she comes at you with a knife or something that could harm or kill you.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08072/864335-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison is one of a number of NFL players who have been involved in domestic violence incidents in the past several years, though it appears that few have received penalties from the league because charges have been dismissed in many of the cases.

Harrison, a Pro Bowl linebacker with the Steelers, was arrested and charged with simple assault and criminal mischief Saturday after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, Beth Tibbott, at her Ohio Township residence. His preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for April 3.

An NFL spokesman said yesterday the league does not provide the number of domestic violence cases against players, partly because many of the cases are "ultimately dismissed."

A most recent example occurred yesterday when a woman who had a restraining order in a domestic-violence case against New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss had the charges dropped.

Last year, former Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns had domestic violence charges against him dropped when prosecutors cited a lack of evidence.

The Steelers saw a similar situation two years ago when receiver Santonio Holmes, their No. 1 draft pick at the time, had charges of domestic violence and assault against him dropped by a municipal court judge in Columbus, Ohio.

Still, there have been cases where players have been punished by the league for incidents involving domestic violence.

The most serious case occurred in 2004 when Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Michel Pittman was suspended for three games by the NFL after an incident in which he was charged with ramming his Hummer into a car driven by his wife and carrying his 2-year-old child and baby sitter.

Since then, seven players have received one-game suspensions by the league for domestic violence, according to various news reports.

According to a police affidavit, Harrison broke down a bedroom door while his girlfriend was trying to call 911, took her cell phone and broke it in half. Tibbott also said Harrison, who is 5 feet 11, 245 pounds, hit her with an open hand in the face, knocking off her glasses.

Harrison was working out at the Steelers South Side facility yesterday but was unavailable for comment.

Under Pennsylvania law, simple assault is considered a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by up to two years in prison. Criminal mischief can be considered a felony in the third degree with a maximum prison term of seven years if the damage caused in the incident is in excess of $5,000.

According to a league spokesman, each of the NFL's 32 teams conducts a life-skills session each fall.

Last year, commissioner Roger Goodell instituted a Conduct Management Program for all incoming rookies, requiring them to attend eight one-hour sessions that incorporate video, lectures and discussions designed to teach players how to cope with life in the NFL. The sessions are run by an outside instructor approved by the league and coordinated with each team's player-development director.

Harrison was in his first year as a starter with the Steelers after rising from obscurity as a free agent from Kent State University who was cut three times in his career, twice by the Steelers.

Last fall, Harrison acknowledged that his road to the NFL was not always smooth, in part because of indiscretions as a teenager growing up in Akron, Ohio.

Harrison attended three high schools in Akron. He said he had scholarship offers to Nebraska and Notre Dame rebuffed because he "messed some things up" his senior year at Coventry High School. One of those incidents involved being suspended for two games because he shot a BB gun in the locker room and got off with a fine, avoiding a sentence of six months in prison for felonious assault.

Coventry principal John Hibian, who was the school's athletic director when Harrison played there, said his former student did "stupid little things" that caused Hibian to think Harrison might jeopardize his future in football.

But, after seeing Harrison develop in the NFL and the way he handles himself when he returns to Coventry, Hibian said he saw a change in the Steelers linebacker.

"There is a different air about him when he comes back now," Hibian said. "Ultimately, he has become a mature young man."

memphissteelergirl
03-12-2008, 02:11 PM
So it's all right to slap the shiat out of someone if they aren't paying attention? Some people go to stupid ****ing lengths to defend a player on their team. Unless she was running at you with a got damn knife....you have no reason to hit her. No reason at all.

Well...I'll remember you said this if any Cowboys players get locked in the hoosegow for the same thing.

RW318
03-13-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm not Stupid enough to defend someone who beats up on women like it's the thing to do lol. This isn't any bullshit wrong place wrong time type of things....he had control of everything...and lost control of it.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Well...I'll remember you said this if any Cowboys players get locked in the hoosegow for the same thing.

Um let me think... a story about Michael Irvin and Erik Williams comes to mind...

Two Dallas Cowboys stars accused in rape

By DENNE H. FREEMAN
Associated Press Writer

DALLAS (AP) - Police are investigating a 23-year-old woman's claim that Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin held her at gunpoint while his teammate Erik Williams and another man raped her.

Police Lt. David Goelden said a videotape with some of the alleged sexual activity on it and other evidence were seized at Williams' home Tuesday. He said charges could be filed against all three as early as Thursday.

Several television stations in Dallas-Fort Worth reported Tuesday night that unidentified sources said the tape showed Williams and the third man apparently having sex with the woman.

Irvin, already on probation after pleading no contest in July to cocaine possession charges, denied the allegations. Williams refused to comment. The third man was not immediately identified.

The allegations against the two football stars come as America's Team, as the Cowboys are known, seeks to repeat as Super Bowl champions. They have won three of the last four Super Bowls.

"They're going to deal with it and just go on,'' coach Barry Switzer said. "There's no perfect timing for anything like this.''

Irvin, 30, is a wide receiver who was a member of the 1996 Pro Bowl roster. Williams, 28, is an offensive lineman selected earlier this month for the 1997 Pro Bowl game.

Goelden said the two would not be prevented from leaving the state while the investigation was under way. However, if Irvin is arrested, his probation could be revoked and he could be sent to jail for as much as 20 years.

Goelden said the woman, an acquaintance of Williams, told police Monday night that she had been forced to have sex at gunpoint with two men at Williams' home on Sunday night. According to the police report, Irvin held the gun. The woman apparently didn't know who the third man was.

The woman, who was bruised and scratched, was taken to the hospital. There was no evidence drugs were involved, Goelden said.

The Dallas Morning News reported Wednesday that two friends of the woman who asked not to be identified said she told them that the men threatened to beat her if she didn't "act like she was having fun'' during the attack.

"She had bruises all over her legs and back,'' one of the friends said.

The friends said the woman, who works at a cosmetics counter in a mall, met the players while doing makeup for the Cowboys' cheerleaders. They said she told them she visited Williams' home Sunday evening to offer holiday greetings, the Morning News said.

Dave Overton, news director of KXAS-TV, which broke the story, said the woman has been a source for the station "on a couple of occasions in the past several months.''

However, he said: "We have never paid her. We have never given her a camera.''

The investigation is the latest in a series of brushes with the law for both Irvin and Williams.

Williams was previously accused of sexual assault, but a grand jury in 1995 refused to indict him, citing insufficient evidence. The incident involved a 17-year-old girl at Williams' home.

The decision came after the girl reached a settlement with Williams and asked that he not be prosecuted.
At Irvin's sentencing in the cocaine case last July, the judge threatened to put him in prison for 20 years if he violated parole. The NFL also suspended Irvin for the season's first five games.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I'm not Stupid enough to defend someone who beats up on women like it's the thing to do lol. This isn't any bullshiat wrong place wrong time type of things....he had control of everything...and lost control of it.

Man, the only smart thing you could have said in this thread (as a Cowboys fan) is... "Yeah that sucks when one of your players is arrested, i know ALL ABOUT THAT!!!!!"

memphissteelergirl
03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm not Stupid enough to defend someone who beats up on women like it's the thing to do lol. This isn't any bullshiat wrong place wrong time type of things....he had control of everything...and lost control of it.

Hey, moron...who said I was defending Harrison's behavior...all I'm asking if it were a Dallas player would you be defending him the same as some are defending Harrison here?

I'm just sayin...

RW318
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey, dip****...I just told you I wouldn't be defending an idiot who beats on a woman regardless of what team he plays for, what he does, if he was a friend or a damn family member. Anyone who defends the action has something seriously wrong with them lol. I'm not some slave to a team were morals and what not go out the window lol.

BlackGold4vr
03-13-2008, 03:57 PM
:popcorn2:

RW318
03-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Um let me think... a story about Michael Irvin and Erik Williams comes to mind...

Two Dallas Cowboys stars accused in rape

By DENNE H. FREEMAN
Associated Press Writer

DALLAS (AP) - Police are investigating a 23-year-old woman's claim that Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin held her at gunpoint while his teammate Erik Williams and another man raped her.

Police Lt. David Goelden said a videotape with some of the alleged sexual activity on it and other evidence were seized at Williams' home Tuesday. He said charges could be filed against all three as early as Thursday.

Several television stations in Dallas-Fort Worth reported Tuesday night that unidentified sources said the tape showed Williams and the third man apparently having sex with the woman.

Irvin, already on probation after pleading no contest in July to cocaine possession charges, denied the allegations. Williams refused to comment. The third man was not immediately identified.

The allegations against the two football stars come as America's Team, as the Cowboys are known, seeks to repeat as Super Bowl champions. They have won three of the last four Super Bowls.

"They're going to deal with it and just go on,'' coach Barry Switzer said. "There's no perfect timing for anything like this.''

Irvin, 30, is a wide receiver who was a member of the 1996 Pro Bowl roster. Williams, 28, is an offensive lineman selected earlier this month for the 1997 Pro Bowl game.

Goelden said the two would not be prevented from leaving the state while the investigation was under way. However, if Irvin is arrested, his probation could be revoked and he could be sent to jail for as much as 20 years.

Goelden said the woman, an acquaintance of Williams, told police Monday night that she had been forced to have sex at gunpoint with two men at Williams' home on Sunday night. According to the police report, Irvin held the gun. The woman apparently didn't know who the third man was.

The woman, who was bruised and scratched, was taken to the hospital. There was no evidence drugs were involved, Goelden said.

The Dallas Morning News reported Wednesday that two friends of the woman who asked not to be identified said she told them that the men threatened to beat her if she didn't "act like she was having fun'' during the attack.

"She had bruises all over her legs and back,'' one of the friends said.

The friends said the woman, who works at a cosmetics counter in a mall, met the players while doing makeup for the Cowboys' cheerleaders. They said she told them she visited Williams' home Sunday evening to offer holiday greetings, the Morning News said.

Dave Overton, news director of KXAS-TV, which broke the story, said the woman has been a source for the station "on a couple of occasions in the past several months.''

However, he said: "We have never paid her. We have never given her a camera.''

The investigation is the latest in a series of brushes with the law for both Irvin and Williams.

Williams was previously accused of sexual assault, but a grand jury in 1995 refused to indict him, citing insufficient evidence. The incident involved a 17-year-old girl at Williams' home.

The decision came after the girl reached a settlement with Williams and asked that he not be prosecuted.
At Irvin's sentencing in the cocaine case last July, the judge threatened to put him in prison for 20 years if he violated parole. The NFL also suspended Irvin for the season's first five games.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Man, the only smart thing you could have said in this thread (as a Cowboys fan) is... "Yeah that sucks when one of your players is arrested, i know ALL ABOUT THAT!!!!!"

Do you know me or something? Or do you just enjoy posting irrelevant ****? Or did you see me defending this somewhere? So many questions but I'm guessing you'll answer all of them "no" (which we know one would be a lie). Tis ok....you'll learn.

BlitzburghNation
03-14-2008, 01:59 AM
:popcorn2:

:haha: Here's you a :beer3: to wash down all that :popcorn:

memphissteelergirl
03-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey, dip****...I just told you I wouldn't be defending an idiot who beats on a woman regardless of what team he plays for, what he does, if he was a friend or a damn family member. Anyone who defends the action has something seriously wrong with them lol. I'm not some slave to a team were morals and what not go out the window lol.

Yeah, well you seem to be implying that all of us here are defending Harrison, which we are not. In fact, many of us are angry that he put himself in this position (if you'd bother to read the posts you'd know that). And I really resent the "slave" analogy. We love our Steelers to be sure, but hey we don't live our lives by everything they do as you seem to think.

I'd ask you to stop being such an a-hole, but it's obvious you can't help it.

Peace!

steelcitysfinestXL
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Do you know me or something? Or do you just enjoy posting irrelevant shiat? Or did you see me defending this somewhere? So many questions but I'm guessing you'll answer all of them "no" (which we know one would be a lie). Tis ok....you'll learn.

Incase you didnt see, i was responding to tampa's statement saying something about "whenever one of the cowboys get sent to Jail"!!!
No i dont know you, no i didnt see you defending this and yes i post irrelevant "shiat" from time to time!!!
What i said to you was, as a COWBOYS fan ( and i assume you are) for you to come to a Steelers forum and post about a steeler's legal troubles is very very funny to me!!! I mean, aint that the kinda ironic!!?!?Your team was the "off-field" joke of sports through the 90's, but they had a bunch of convicts (minus Aikman and Emmitt who were great players on and off the field) stayed together long enough to win 3 rings so its all good huh???!!!!
Dont get upset homie, its all gravy... appearantly i struck a nerve with you somewhere between your players raping at gunpoint and Barry Switzer trying to get a gun through the airport!!! Sorry, ill be nice