PDA

View Full Version : Ken Anderson At Kentucky's Pro Day

Black@Gold Forever32
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true

Kentucky (March 5)
Among the NFL personnel in attendance were QB coaches Chris Palmer (Giants) and Ken Anderson (Steelers). Prospects ran indoors on a fast Astroturf track ...

WR Steve Johnson: Weighed in at 203. Ran the 40 in 4.53 and 4.51, ran position drills, and stood with everything else he recorded at the combine.

QB Andre Woodson: Weighed in at 227. Ran the 40 in 4.86 and 4.88, had a 27 -inch vertical jump (disappointing), 9-foot, 1-inch long jump, 4.33 short shuttle, and 7.28 cone drill.

Thought this was interesting......They might have Johnson on their radars for the later rounds....But that is interesting they were checking out Woodson.....Of course Woodson won't beat out Ben.....But maybe a future backup QB?

K Train
03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
i would love woodson backing up ben

DIESELMAN
03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
I heard Woodson had a good Pro day, enough to wash out his Senior Bowl performance. "Experts" say he has accuracy problems but he set a SEC record of most pass attempts without an interception (325). He went to the same HS as I did :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2008, 06:09 AM
If you can play QB and be successful in the SEC, the most prolific conference in NCAA then you're worth atleast a second look IMO.

What round is Johnson projected to go in ?

Stairwayto7
03-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I know we better not draft a QB to high. We NEED so much more!

K Train
03-08-2008, 08:44 AM
johnson is a late round/FA projected player....burton is a much better player if your looking at kentucky WRs

SteelerSal
03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Johnson has done nothing at UK but make clutch catches (watch the UK vs UL game, Tom will agree with me).......love to see him wearing Black and Gold if he was picked up on day 2 or as an UFA.:yellowthumb:

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Johnson has done nothing at UK but make clutch catches (watch the UK vs UL game, Tom will agree with me).......love to see him wearing Black and Gold if he was picked up on day 2 or as an UFA.:yellowthumb:
Yeah Sal, all 3 of his catches in that Louisville game were clutch and I think he had 2 TD's in that game to :scratch: He might not have a good 40 time but like Sal said, he is clutch with his hands.

steelcityrockers
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
If it were to come from Kentucky then Keenan Burton, but I like Eddie Royal (who may have moved himself up into the late 2nd) and Dexter Jackson, who is a great returner and has blistering speed. Pierre Garcon from Mount Union (Div III school in Ohio I think) is a late round small school sleper who has a lot of potential.

darnik44
03-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't mind Woodson in the 3rd or 4th round. The time is now to bring in a young guy to groom as a back-up.

steelcityrockers
03-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't mind Woodson in the 3rd or 4th round. The time is now to bring in a young guy to groom as a back-up.

Too early. If we could pick up Ricky Santos in the 5th/6th I would be happyish. We have Zabransky on the roster and he could very well be our next backup.

SteelerSal
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Too early. If we could pick up Ricky Santos in the 5th/6th I would be happyish. We have Zabransky on the roster and he could very well be our next backup.

Great point about Zabransky, steelcity.:yellowthumb: Besides, batch is'nt going anywhere soon and he will stay healthy on the sidelines.:yesnod: