PDA

View Full Version : Anderson won't get big money from clowns until 2009

NOVA STEELERS
03-07-2008, 11:32 AM
The Columbus Dispatch repoorted the details of the three-year, $24 million contract signed by quaterback Derek Anderson.

What stands out most is the huge roster bonus of $5 million due before the 2009 season. This confirms everyone's suspicion that Cleveland's two-quarterback system is a one-year experiment. The clows will not pay Anderson a $5 million roster bonus next year unless they are convinced he is their long-term solution at quarterback. If not, the clowns likely will make a trade and turn to Brady Quinn. Of course, all of this hinges on Anderson's performance in 2008.

The deal includes a $7 million signing bonus; a roster bonus of $5 million due before the 2009 season.; another roster bonus of $2 million is due before the 2010 season; Pro Bowl and performance incentives that total $1 million.

:scratch: Nice to see the uncertainty of the situation :yesnod:

Brady Quinn
03-07-2008, 11:51 AM
First of it the Browns not clowns and this is a great contract for the team. Brady will be our guy and the Browns are making some great moves right now.

JoeThomas
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
First of it the Browns not clowns and this is a great contract for the team. Brady will be our guy and the Browns are making some great moves right now.

exactly, the BROWNS did the right thing by taking the guy who led them to the exact same record as the steelers and saying your our guy. but even anderson knows he is just keeping the seat warm, and im ok with that. plus why would DA turn down more money?

black an gold 4 life
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
1 st of all f*** the clowns an there moves they allways over pay old people, why r we worried about the clowns sorry asses:scratch::bigfinger:that's 4 u clowns an ur fans go back an post on ur own raggedy site, i 4 one could give an rats azzzzzzzzzz bout what the clowns r doing when we play them were gonna bitch slap them twice anyways, so again here's 2 u clowns an ur fans:bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

Brady Quinn
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Eat my a** jerk. If you cannot handle a conversation that is not about what you believe in dont get involved. So dont be a bi**h! So F you jerk!

K Train
03-07-2008, 05:04 PM
dont worry....hes a retard.

i think DA will fail before long and brady will get in there where he belongs. it was his dumbass that had to hold out and lose that opportunity. but face it....DA is not anything special.

Brady Quinn
03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree we have very talented skilled players around him with a great line so they made him look better than he was. Brady will be our guy it is just a matter of time. It might take longer than we want for that to happen because of the players around DA. Our line is as good as any in football and our receivers and tightend are as good as anyone so it is hard for DA to look bad.

K Train
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
i just cant help but think quinn would be awesome...he wont sit on the bench for more than another year and i truely expect anderson to fail, but in the case he has a similar year to last year...i dont think quinn is gonna be around in the future

Black@Gold Forever32
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
1 st of all f*** the clowns an there moves they allways over pay old people, why r we worried about the clowns sorry asses:scratch::bigfinger:that's 4 u clowns an ur fans go back an post on ur own raggedy site, i 4 one could give an rats azzzzzzzzzz bout what the clowns r doing when we play them were gonna bitch slap them twice anyways, so again here's 2 u clowns an ur fans:bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

Ok the Steelers fan started it by calling them clowns.....All Brady Quinn did was stick up for his team and did it in a mature manner.....So don't understand what this post is about? Nice way to keep it classy...lol

Captcoolhand
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I agree we have very talented skilled players around him with a great line so they made him look better than he was. Brady will be our guy it is just a matter of time. It might take longer than we want for that to happen because of the players around DA. Our line is as good as any in football and our receivers and tightend are as good as anyone so it is hard for DA to look bad.
I don't know, he had some pretty good players around him in the ProBowl and he flat out sucked and cost the AFC that game.

yinzer
03-08-2008, 12:57 PM
i appreciate that CLOWNS fans come onto a Steelers site and voices their opinions. there's nothing wrong with being loyal to your team. but, please don't take offense when somebody calls your Stains the CLOWNS. how do you expect Steeler fans to react to a Skeeveland Clowns fan? maybe if you guys beat us some time this millenium, you'll be able to talk smack. until then, you can keep dreaming...

JoeThomas
03-08-2008, 01:19 PM
i appreciate that CLOWNS fans come onto a Steelers site and voices their opinions. there's nothing wrong with being loyal to your team. but, please don't take offense when somebody calls your Stains the CLOWNS. how do you expect Steeler fans to react to a Skeeveland Clowns fan? maybe if you guys beat us some time this millenium, you'll be able to talk smack. until then, you can keep dreaming...

we can keep eating it till this coming season. but even you guys realize that were going to be the favs now in the division. but i hope for good games, they are always fun.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-08-2008, 01:25 PM
we can keep eating it till this coming season. but even you guys realize that were going to be the favs now in the division. but i hope for good games, they are always fun.

Actually I'm glad the Browns are improving.....Its always more fun when something is at stake between the two teams.....Which in 08 the Steelers and Browns will compete for the AFC North....I don't expect the Bengals to be in the mix....I see them as 8-8 at best.....The Ratbirds well they just suck and I see them at 4-5 wins...lol

DIESELMAN
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
but even you guys realize that were going to be the favs now in the division.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:Ok Ok seriously, for a team who has NEVER won the AFC North to be considered the favorite is pushing it. Granted you guys have made some decent offseason moves and after last years season you guys are no doubt "pumped" up. But after having losing seasons 7 out of the last 9, don't but into your own hype, the Bungholes did it and the Ratbirds did it...one year wonders. Crennell has sold your teams future to save his own ***.

JoeThomas
03-08-2008, 02:37 PM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:Ok Ok seriously, for a team who has NEVER won the AFC North to be considered the favorite is pushing it. Granted you guys have made some decent offseason moves and after last years season you guys are no doubt "pumped" up. But after having losing seasons 7 out of the last 9, don't but into your own hype, the Bungholes did it and the Ratbirds did it...one year wonders. Crennell has sold your teams future to save his own ***.

see i dont see it as selling the future. quinn is a 1 year guy, williams is a 4 year guy and rogers is a 6 year guy. dont get me wrong, not having your top 3 picks hurts, but i dont see it as getting nothing for them. and come draft day, i bet savage can get back into the 2nd or 3rd round if he needs too. but ya, now that i think about it, i still say its steelers 1 and us 2. cant be the best without beating them first.

yinzer
03-08-2008, 04:52 PM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Stlrs4Life
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM

Exactly. Just because you win 10 games in a season doesn't make you the Champs the next season. Just ask the Bungles and Ratbirds how that went the past 2 seasons. But if it makes you feel better, we can call the Clowns the Paper Champions. Sorry, but I have to work with a quite a few Clown fans, and I know not all of them are like, but they ruin it for the rest.

yinzer
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Exactly. Just because you win 10 games in a season doesn't make you the Champs the next season. Just ask the Bungles and Ratbirds how that went the past 2 seasons. But if it makes you feel better, we can call the Clowns the Paper Champions.

I don't care if the Frowns had jerry rice, john stallworth, and randy moss. derek andersack isn't carrying the Stains anywhere.