PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Boss Bailey - Haynesworth unhappy - Cards in FA - Suggs files grievance

NOVA STEELERS
03-06-2008, 09:12 AM
The Arizona Cardinals have signed two free agents this week and are working to add a third the Arizona Reublic reported. But the financial constraints imposed by receiver Larry Fitzgerald's contract might bring acquisitions to a standstill, coach Ken Whisenhunt said Tuesday.

"It's pretty close to that," Whisenhunt said. "If we had to sign other free agents, we'd have to make roster space, which obviously would involve cutting players. That's part of it as well."

The Cardinals were believed to be about $10 million under the cap before tendering their restricted free agents and signing tight end Jerame Tuman on Monday and defensive end/outside linebacker Travis LaBoy on Tuesday. Fitzgerald is due to make $14.6 million this year and $17.4 million in 2009. The team is negotiating with his agent, Eugene Parker, to extend the contract and lower those figures. The two sides are not close to a deal and are believed to be apart on both years and money.

Rut Roe Whiz, could be in for a hurtin in the desert :yesnod:

NOVA STEELERS
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Albert Haynesworth is unhappy with the direction the Tennessee Titans have taken during the free agency period. Five days into free agency, the Titans have lost five players and signed one the Tennessean reported.

"It's like a repeat of last year,'' Haynesworth said Tuesday. "We need more weapons for Vince (Young). Now we need more defensive linemen. We are not doing anything. We are really just making ourselves worse the way I look at it. ... It doesn't look like we're trying to get better.''

On Monday, the Titans lost three of their free agents defensive end Antwan Odom (Bengals), defensive end Travis LaBoy (Cardinals) and guard Jacob Bell (Rams). Over the weekend, defensive tackle Randy Starks (Dolphins) and tight end Ben Hartsock (Falcons) departed. After placing the franchise tag on Haynesworth to keep him under contract for the 2008 season, re-signing wideout Justin Gage and making tender offers to their seven restricted free agents, the Titans entered free agency from $25 million to $28 million under the salary cap.

What a beast of a player, can he stay healthy

JoeThomas
03-06-2008, 09:30 AM
well if he was unhappy, he shoulda been more upset about being franchised. he would be a brown right now and we might still have a 2nd or 3rd round pick, haha.

Captcoolhand
03-06-2008, 09:43 AM
well if he was unhappy, he shoulda been more upset about being franchised. he would be a brown right now and we might still have a 2nd or 3rd round pick, haha.
You would be lucky to have a team in 2-3 yrs:yesnod:

DIESELMAN
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Terrell Suggs has filed a grievance against the Ravens, saying he should be designated as a defensive end instead of a linebacker.

The Ravens used the franchise tag on Suggs on Feb. 19, keeping him off the free-agent market with a one-year tender worth $8.065 million (the average of the five highest-paid linebackers in the NFL).

But Suggs wants the one-year tag of $8.879 million for defensive ends -- which is $814,000 more than what linebackers receive.

The arbitration hearing has not been scheduled.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said talks regarding a long-term deal for Suggs have been temporarily stopped.

"When [the grievance] is resolved, we'll get back to the table," Newsome said on the team's Web site.

Suggs contends that he should be considered a defensive end because he estimated that over half of his snaps came as a pass-rushing end. But the Ravens argue that Suggs plays linebacker in the team's base defense and has always been listed on the Pro Bowl ballot as a linebacker.

Suggs' agent, Gary Wichard, did not return phone calls.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Man I wish they wouldn't have franchised him, I would have loved to see us be able to make a run at him if we had the cap space.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
He's been griping about this from the start...it's just a way for the rats to save some dough this year.

AZ_Steeler
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
What's 800K when you're already getting 8Mil :dunno:

BlitzburghNation
03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
What's 800K when you're already getting 8Mil :dunno:

:ditto:
These spoiled :moon: players nowadays,,,,,,,,Miss the days when players played for the love of the game !

TampaSteelGirl
03-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I hate that guy!! Hope he doesn't get squat!!! :lol:

DIESELMAN
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah but when a guy lines up at DE more then he does OLB, he deserves his money. The Ratbirds are ****ing him and how do you think thats going to play out in the locker room?

V_83
03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah but when a guy lines up at DE more then he does OLB, he deserves his money. The Ratbirds are ****ing him and how do you think thats going to play out in the locker room?

Horribly I hope. I do agree though, that if he does line up at DE more than he does LB, he should get paid the DE money. If this was anybody from the steelers I would not like it one bit, but since its the ravens, either way they spend more money or create turmoil in the locker room. :greengrin:

JoeThomas
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
he is an end, they are just trying to stiff him, did modell take the team back over???

Captcoolhand
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
The Bailey brothers are teaming up in Denver.

The Broncos on Thursday signed free agent linebacker Boss Bailey, the younger brother of perennial Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey.

Boss Bailey spent his first five seasons in Detroit, after being selected in the second round of the 2003 draft. He had a standout career at the University of Georgia, where he followed his older brother as an all-conference selection. Doesn't seem like he has been around that long

K Train
03-06-2008, 08:00 PM
boss and champ....do names get any better?

yinzer
03-06-2008, 08:11 PM
boss and champ....do names get any better?

somebody needs to smack their parents for those two dumb arse names.

K Train
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
i think they are awesome lol

black an gold 4 life
03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
:ditto:
These spoiled :moon: players nowadays,,,,,,,,Miss the days when players played for the love of the game !
yea they played 4 the love of the game an look what the owners do 4 them now that they need medical:cursin:if the owners can make all of the money they make the players should get paided top dollar, i could give an rats azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz about an rat bird but he has an valid point

V_83
03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
i think they are awesome lol

Boss not so much, but Champ, thats awesome how could he not succeed?