PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins' Hadnot visits Steelers

Captcoolhand
03-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Rex Hadnot, a 6-2, 325-pound starting guard from the Miami Dolphins, is visiting the Steelers today as an unrestricted free agent.
Hadnot started all 16 games for Miami last season.
The Steelers have a dire need at guard after the loss of Alan Faneca to the New York Jets in free agency. Chris Kemoeatu will replace Faneca at left guard; Kendall Simmons starts at right guard but there's no other experienced guard on their roster.Can Miami stand to loose players......:dunno:

JensK
03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
No the question is, why is this posted in the Steelers Media forum :-P

Nah really, Miami cant really affort to lose to many players, and def. not a 16 game starter. They need stability more than anything. another question we should ask our self. Do we want Hadnot? I havnt seen him play all that much, but he havnt shown me anything that indicates that he is what we are in dire need for.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Dolphins' Hadnot visits Steelers

By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com)
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Center Rex Hadnot is visiting the Steelers today.

Hadnot, who also can play guard, has been with Miami since the Dolphins took the 6-2, 325-pounder in the sixth round of the 2004 draft.

The Steelers signed free-agent running back Mewelde Moore Monday and hosted defensive back Eugene Wilson Tuesday.

More on Hadnot:

Pro Career

2006: Started all 16 games at center, the second straight year in which he has opened all 16 contests ... Enters 2007 having started 39 straight games, including the last 19 at center ... Missed just 17 offensive snaps over the course of the season, 14 of which occurred vs. Green Bay (10/22) when he sustained a neck stinger ... Along with RT Vernon Carey, was one of only two Dolphins offensive linemen to start every game at the same position in 2006 ... Key part of a line that led the way for a running game which averaged 4.2 yards per carry ... Along with the Dolphins’ 4.3-yard per attempt in Hadnot’s first season as a full-time starter in 2005, it marks the first time the Dolphins have averaged better than a 4.0-yard average per carry in consecutive campaigns since 1986-87.

2005: Started all 16 games in which he played ... Opened the first 13 contests at right guard and the final three at center in place of the injured Seth McKinney (lower leg) ... Part of a line that yielded just 26 sacks, the fourth-lowest total in the NFL, and led a running game that averaged 118.6 yards an outing and 4.3 yards per rush attempt, which ranked seventh and fourth in the AFC, respectively ... Took part in every offensive snap in 14 of 16 contests over the course of the year.

2004: Started six times (five times at right guard and twice at left guard in place of the injured Jeno James), played in a reserve role seven times this season and did not play twice.

College Career

Four-year letterman and three-year starter at Houston ... Started all 13 games at center as a senior after playing guard his first three seasons ... Was named as a first-team All-Conference USA pick ... Did not allow a sack in more than 400 pass attempts ... Set team record with 196 knockdown blocks ... Played in the Hula Bowl following the season ... Started all 12 games as a junior at guard ... Named as a second team All-Conference USA choice ... Did not allow a sack in 11 of 12 games ... Named the Cougars’ Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Texas as he graded out at 85-percent and recorded seven pancakes and 13 knockdowns ... Started 11 games as a sophomore ... Did not give up a sack ... Recorded 104 knockdown blocks ... Named Houston’s Offensive Player of the Week versus TCU and Southern Miss ... Had a season-high 19 knockdown blocks against Southern Miss ... Also had double-digit knockdown blocks against Cincinnati (12), South Florida (17) and Louisville (11) ... Played in all 11 games as a redshirt freshman ... Saw some action on the Cougars’ special teams unit, lining up on field goals and extra points ... Redshirted as a true freshman in 1999 ... Majored in economics.

Personal Bio

Engaged to Katalya Scott ... Attended Lufkin (Tex.) High School ... Was named the best offensive lineman in District 12-5A as a senior in 1998 ... Helped lead his team to a 10-4 overall record and the quarterfinals of the state playoffs as a senior ... Growing up, the San Francisco 49ers was his favorite sports team and Shaquille O’Neal was his favorite athlete ... Lists “The Rock” as favorite movie, “The Jamie Foxx Show” as favorite television show and “The Art of War” as favorite book ... Son of Eva Ashworth ... Is a cousin of former Texas Tech running back James Hadnot, a third-round draft choice of Kansas City in 1980 who played with the Chiefs through 1983 ... Full name is Jonathan Rex Hadnot, Jr., born January 28, 1982, in Lufkin, Texas.

JensK
03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Stealing my reply from the other topic about this in the media forum:

Miami cant really affort to lose to many players, and def. not a 16 game starter. They need stability more than anything. another question we should ask our self. Do we want Hadnot? I havnt seen him play all that much, but he havnt shown me anything that indicates that he is what we are in dire need for.

K Train
03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
thats whats up...the dolphins had the most improved oline last year and despite the ****** QB play the run game was great...especially with ronnie brown

BlackGold4vr
03-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Anybody under center other than TURNSTILE Mahan will be an improvement in 08! :clap:

K Train
03-05-2008, 06:13 PM
im pretty excited about this visit lol

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I didn't know this was posted in the media forum. Moderator can delete if they want.

From a Dolphins board:
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=mia&tid=2453952&lid=3

Stairwayto7
03-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Anybody under center other than TURNSTILE Mahan will be an improvement in 08! :clap:

No crap! I agree!

yinzer
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
i haven't heard much about this guy. but i agree with everyone that ANYBODY is better than mayhan.

TEEMONT
03-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Ben is the guy UNDER center...Hadnot just plays Center.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
This would be a good idea and would definitely send a clear signal to Mahan that a BS performance like he put up in 2007 is not going to happen again. At this point Hadnot would be a total improvement over Mahan so I'd be all for this if they can sign him. That would really free things up on draft day and eliminate a need for us to deal with.

DIESELMAN
03-05-2008, 11:34 PM
This would be a good idea and would definitely send a clear signal to Mahan that a BS performance like he put up in 2007 is not going to happen again. At this point Hadnot would be a total improvement over Mahan so I'd be all for this if they can sign him. That would really free things up on draft day and eliminate a need for us to deal with.
He would be a definite upgrade but somehow I doubt we sign him. Considering we were 31st in cap money, we've signed 1 FA player so far and we still have rooks to sign. Also, whats going to happen with the tag we put on Starks, unless we sign him to a deal which would free up quite a bit, instead of having the tag on him which will cost millions more then hes worth. Bens contract didn't really do much to our cap as far as -'s or +'s, I'm wondering how we're sittin with the cap.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Starks deal is really putting a damper on what we can do in FA...so far as far as we've heard Max hasn't really gotten an looks in FA so far has he? So it would behoove us to get his but signed and free up some space as soon as he's willing or else we move on. Nobody in the league is going to pay Max as much as our tender offer is so unless he can find something comparable in FA he might as well just stay with us and sign a good deal.

DIESELMAN
03-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Starks deal is really putting a damper on what we can do in FA...so far as far as we've heard Max hasn't really gotten an looks in FA so far has he? So it would behoove us to get his but signed and free up some space as soon as he's willing or else we move on. Nobody in the league is going to pay Max as much as our tender offer is so unless he can find something comparable in FA he might as well just stay with us and sign a good deal.
Kinda surprised that Starks didn't sign the tender before the ink dried :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Straight from Tomlin after the Hadnot and Tracy White visit...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08066/862838-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

After Moore's signing, coach Mike Tomlin was asked Monday if any more signings were imminent, and he said, "Don't hold your breath."

I guessing the pipe dream of getting a center FA is gone now...

Captcoolhand
03-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Casey Hampton's offseason apparently has included a little recruiting.

The veteran nose tackle recently talked to his friend, Rex Hadnot -- and talked up Pittsburgh and the Steelers' organization to the former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman.
How could we just sit back and allow a decent vet to just walk away when we have the need.
If we wouldn't have tender Starks he would have been gone,but instead we will be be flipping the bill for an overrated player. :yesnod:
Other leagues know this and IMO, that's is why he has't been offered nothing.:2cents: