PDA

View Full Version : Here is why I think the Browns wont overtake the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
The Browns clearly think that they are ready to make a run at the superbowl. They have now traded away their 1st 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. They are selling the future to make a run now.

I am glad that this is not the way the Steelers do business. This is why we are competitive every year and teams like the browns are good once a decade.

I don't know how much stock I put into the browns. They seem to always invest in underachievers and despite the hype of the big freeagency signing. Stallworth is a prime example- Brady throws all those touchdowns and for all that yardage and he did nothing. Jamal just runs behind a great o-line but he's no spring chicken.

Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers both came at high prices (2nd and 3rd rounders, bodden, and both signed for over $6 million a year for 6 years). Plus, no defensive lineman EVER succeed in a brown uniform and those two supposedly have no work ethic- sounds like the same old same old for Browns freeagents.

I am glad we do not mortgage our whole future on 2 years.That is what free agency does to you. You overpay for most of them and they do not finish out their contracts. In my opinion we still will beat the Browns.

K Train
03-05-2008, 05:24 PM
browns are loading up but it doesnt matter...they are just making failing more embarassing. im calling a top 15 pick for them next year cause they are overrated to an extreme extent imo.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
the browns fans make a living thinking that every year they will be a playoff team that can make a run at the super bowl and every year they fall short. giving away all your draft picks on FA's is never a good idea, especially day 1 picks at that :wtf: those early picks are your future and you've given them away to guys that already half way through their careers. Rogers is an injury waiting to happen, Stallworth is good but not worth the money they paid him. Williams is good but he's a complainer so yeah I wouldn't want them even remotely close to running the Steelers and giving away our draft picks like that.

JensK
03-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I still wish we had bought a center :(

The browns just need to take a deep breath and realise, that because they had one good year you arent a good team. Lets talk when they win the division lets say 2 times in a row or something :P

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM
the browns fans make a living thinking that every year they will be a playoff team that can make a run at the super bowl and every year they fall short. giving away all your draft picks on FA's is never a good idea, especially day 1 picks at that :wtf: those early picks are your future and you've given them away to guys that already half way through their careers. Rogers is an injury waiting to happen, Stallworth is good but not worth the money they paid him. Williams is good but he's a complainer so yeah I wouldn't want them even remotely close to running the Steelers and giving away our draft picks like that.

I agree. Let's just hope they continue to make dumb decisions.

K Train
03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
stallworth isnt good...hes fast but hes terrible 90% of the time, hes made out to be good for no reason...hes a career #3 WR...he cant do anything when hes in a bigger role

GoBenGo
03-05-2008, 06:24 PM
browns will be browns

yinzer
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
all this plus they're not as good as we are. keep dreaming, clowns. :greengrin:

DIESELMAN
03-05-2008, 07:36 PM
You can't buy next year and build for the future at the same time. The Shitstains, just like a lot of other teams will learn the hard way.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
stallworth isnt good...hes fast but hes terrible 90% of the time, hes made out to be good for no reason...hes a career #3 WR...he cant do anything when hes in a bigger role

I agree with you that Stallworth is over-rated....But with Edwards and Soldier Boy Winslow attracting most of the coverage it will allow Stallworth to have some favorable match ups at times....

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2008, 11:10 PM
That's the main reason they brought him in, to take some of the heat off of Winslow and Edwards. Anytime with a half decent CB will be able to go one on one with Stallworth no problem so it's really not going to help them all that much IMO. It's a good signing for them but nothing spectacular by any means.

MOTORKRAFT
03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Hats off to the Browns. I give them credit for tring. I'm just happy I'm a Steeler fan.

V_83
03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Hats off to the Browns. I give them credit for tring. I'm just happy I'm a Steeler fan.

:bwah:

Aren't we all. :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghNation
03-06-2008, 05:41 PM
browns will be browns

:ditto:
Always come up short,,,So why would this year be any different,,,,,,,

You can't buy next year and build for the future at the same time. The shiatstains, just like a lot of other teams will learn the hard way.

Yep,,,,,But is there any other way them clowns know :haha: