PDA

View Full Version : Belichick throws trash talk back at Bengals' Johnson

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I didn't think Belichick had it in him, but then again he has been in the news lately for other eye brow raising antics ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsE0Y_v1UBJh5crfvRq9SyRDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-bengals-belichick-trashtalk&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Belichick throws trash talk back at Bengals' Johnson
Belichick throws trash talk back at Bengals' Johnson

September 28, 2006

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Hey, Chad Johnson, Bill Belichick can talk trash, too.

New England's normally dour coach stepped out of character Thursday to playfully jab at Johnson, a day after the Bengals wide receiver vowed to wreak havoc on the Patriots' secondary when the teams meet Sunday in Cincinnati.

Johnson specifically pleaded with "Mr. Belichick" to let cornerback Asante Samuel, whom Johnson described as a good friend, cover him one-on-one. "I won't score," Johnson promised. "I'll stop at the one and go out of bounds or something."

"Tell him we'd cover him one-on-one all the time, but he pushes off more than any receiver in the league," Belichick said with a grin. "He must be paying off the officials not to call it, so we're going to have to double-cover him some. ... Not that he can get open."

The Patriots are famous for using opponents' slights -- either real or perceived -- as motivation. But the fun-loving Johnson, a three-time Pro Bowler, seems to get a free pass.

Belichick called him an "entertaining kid" with a "good sense of humor" and said the two have bumped into each other at various offseason functions.

Belichick said he worked out Johnson at USC before the 2001 draft and remembered Johnson, who played at Oregon State, proudly flying his college's flag as he drove onto campus.

House of Steel
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess this game is going to become a big circus then. :hilarious: I could care less about both of the teams.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2006, 10:19 PM
You know the trash talking it reaching new levels when BB gets into it ! I think that's definately a first for him :eek:

BengalBrian
09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Yet another article that shows chad's talk is all in good fun.. Maybe someday you guys will get it

suitanim
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
The fact that a guy who caught one pass for 11 yards last week is even opening his mouth really says it all.

Man, I miss the days of guys like Barry Sanders. No talk, he just left it all out on the field. Class act, and the antithesis of these punks today.

SteelerFan87
09-29-2006, 11:13 AM
We all know Chad is joking. That's why Porter didn't kick his *** before the game. Every time he says stuff, and they ask the Steelers' players about it, they all laugh and say it's Chad and he's just joking.

Anyway, I don't know how Belichick is going to double cover Chad, when he has so few capable DBs, and he'll just burn them anyway even if he is double covered. The Pats pass D is pathetic.

I was talking about this on a bengals site. Here's what one bungle fan said:
"That's a mighty fine article, I must say. Old Bill has a little bag of jokes in his pocket, apparently."

My response? "Actually he's got 22 of them. 11 on offense and 11 more on defense." :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I was talking about this on a bengals site. Here's what one bungle fan said:
"That's a mighty fine article, I must say. Old Bill has a little bag of jokes in his pocket, apparently."

My response? "Actually he's got 22 of them. 11 on offense and 11 more on defense." :lol:

:lol: I'll have to share that with my office mate because he's a huge Pats fan! That's pretty good! :lol:

BengalBrian
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
We all know Chad is joking.

Most do anyway

G89Newitt13
09-29-2006, 02:06 PM
haha yeah...the only non joke on the pats roster is mr Belichick...and even then hes a joke most weeks

Steelerlyn
09-29-2006, 02:09 PM
If this were the Pats team of a few years ago, this would be a great game.

:tt02: :banana: :bigthumb:

suitanim
09-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh, I think the Pats take this one...they aren't as good as they used to be, but the Bengals already won their big game, so this'll be a hangover for them.

Steelerlyn
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
It will be interesting, too close to call. Where are they playing?

BengalBrian
09-29-2006, 02:43 PM
It will be interesting, too close to call. Where are they playing?

Its in Cincinnati.. 4:15 on sunday

Steelerlyn
09-29-2006, 03:00 PM
In that case I will take Cincy!~

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-30-2006, 04:16 AM
In that case I will take Cincy!~

How dare you root for a divison foe.