PDA

View Full Version : Wilson to visit Steelers

Stlrs4Life
03-02-2008, 05:38 PM
WILSON THE NEXT PAT TO GO?

With cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay already gone from the Patriots, another defensive back could soon be following the trail out of town.

Specifically, free-agent safety Eugene Wilson is lining up visits.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Wilson will pay a visit to the Tampa toga party on Sunday. He'll thereafter visit with the Steelers and the Titans.

Wilson has spent five seasons with the Pats. After appearing in every game but one during his first three years, Wilson played in only four games in 2006, starting all four of them, and eleven in 2007, starting six.

I wouldn't mind seeeing him come here, we can use depth there. Or he can replace Carter.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
He's not afraid to tackle and he's a good hitter. If he's healthy I'd love to see him come in here and shake up secondary with some good competition. He's going to want to be a starter though so Im not sure how much chance we have in landing him. If Tomlin is willing to have an open competition in camp then he might consider us.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM
He's not afraid to tackle and he's a good hitter. If he's healthy I'd love to see him come in here and shake up secondary with some good competition. He's going to want to be a starter though so Im not sure how much chance we have in landing him. If Tomlin is willing to have an open competition in camp then he might consider us.

I agree Top....I think Wilson would be a very good signing for the Steelers.....With Troy's injury problems the last few seasons and Ryan Clark's health maybe still up in the air it would give us some depth...Plus Wilson would be an upgrade over Tyrone Carter in my opinion....Wilson is younger and has more career INTs.....Plus Wilson would continue to push Anthony Smith....I still think Smith is talented and has some upside but he did fall off at the end of the season....

SteelCityMan786
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM

He may contend more with Clark if at all for a Starting Job. Troy's is good as sealed.

Prosdo
03-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm liking the prospect of Wilson coming here. He is a good player and definitely would be a nice signing to help out the D.

Iron City South
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Boy, if we had 2 solid caliber Safeties like Wilson and Clark, we could shop Polamalu around, make a sweet deal ... and have a hell of a lot more room under the cap.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM
lol....I love that post by ICS.........I'm sure some fans will be butt hurt by the Troy ripping...lol

DIESELMAN
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Lets hope if we do sign him he can stay healthy. Theres a lot of other teams interested in him, I hope we don't over pay just to make a "splash" in FA.

steelcityrockers
03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I suppose he would be good depth. He is injury prone and his career has been in a gradual decline since his rookie season. How much are they under the cap anyway?

Mike Tomlin
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
We should make a go at Lito Sheppard him and Ike on the outside would be great.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
We should make a go at Lito Sheppard him and Ike on the outside would be great.

Sheppard will want too munch money and they feel they've got decent talent at CB right now with Ike, Deshead, and McFadden. I can't imagine they'll go after a high priced player at CB in free agency.

K Train
03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
the last time i saw "wilson to visit steelers" was the start of a relationship full of hate between me and cedric

steelcitysfinestXL
03-03-2008, 06:05 AM
the last time i saw "wilson to visit steelers" was the start of a relationship full of hate between me and cedric
:lol::bluelol::hilarious:

I really dont see the use of bringing this dude in at all unless we are planning to deal 2 of our backups or troy!!!! with troy starting, clark and smith battling for the other spot and Carter as a back up were set. If depth is what they want than get somone a lil less pricey in the later months!!!!