PDA

View Full Version : Pgh. Media Scared of Farts

PITT23
09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Just to make sure we remain the gutter-obsessed sewer rats we are, it's time for some fart humor.

So yesterday, when asked about whether or not he was ready mentally to be a starting NFL quarterback again, the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger said the following quote: "The doctors said there's nothing wrong with my brain, but I'm having brain (cramps) out there. It's one of those things where you make mistakes and you learn from them."

Actually, that's not quite true: That's just what the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette quoted him (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06271/725692-66.stm) as saying. But Roethlisberger, of course, did not speak in brackets: He said "brainfarts." And they bleeped him! Who bleeps "farts?" We've consulted our handy AP Stylebook, and there appears to be no concrete rule against using the word "fart."

That mainstream media! Always trying to censor the TRUTH, man.
Complements of http://deadspin.com/

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2006, 06:01 PM
:lol: :lol: I never thought about it till you brought it up.

Blitzburgh55
09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
:lol: Why do you bleep farts

House of Steel
09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Of course, it is brainfarts. I knew that. Stupid Media are the brainfarts of the world.

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
When I first saw that quote the other day... I was thing brain(cramps) :scratch: Usually when they put a word in parens it means the person left a word out so they are correcting them. It all makes sense now though! Maybe SA should add that word to the list so fart will equal **** :lol:

With all honesty some people just don't like mentioning the word because they think it's dirty and gross! Lighten up people because we all know you've let one rip in the privacy of your home and said "Damn that was a good one!"

House of Steel
09-28-2006, 08:24 PM
With all honesty some people just don't like mentioning the word because they think it's dirty and gross! Lighten up people because we all know you've let one rip in the privacy of your home and said "Damn that was a good one!"

LMAO :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: rarely I ever done that, but my father, OH MAN HE SAYS IT EVERY STINKING DAY. :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2006, 08:44 PM
LMAO :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: rarely I ever done that, but my father, OH MAN HE SAYS IT EVERY STINKING DAY. :lol:

Literally? :lol: