PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Faine?

K Train
02-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Free agent Jeff Faine is reportedly in seach of a deal that will make him one of the NFL's highest paid centers.
New Orleans turned elsewhere, inking Jonathan Goodwin to a three-year, $8.5 million pact Wednesday. Faine could interest the Steelers and Rams.
Source: ESPN.com
Related: Steelers, Rams

on a scale from 4-17 i think my happiness would be like a 16 if we signed faine and got rid of mahan

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2008, 07:44 PM
On a scale of 4-17 I'd be a 16 if we just got rid of him period :lol:

really though Faine would be a solid move for us and we'd be set there for a good long time, I with the Steelers would pursue this guy and make 1 position needed in the draft.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
on a scale from 4-17 i think my happiness would be like a 16 if we signed faine and got rid of mahan

Well anybody would be an improvement over Sean Mahan.....But Faine wanting a huge deal doesn't sound good especially for the Steelers....I think he is good but I don't know about giving him a huge contract....But then again I don't want to enter next season with Sean Mahan at center....Plus signing a vet center would allow the Steelers to save a draft pick for another position instead of spending a pick on a center....

I say sign Jeff Faine or draft Doug Legursky....:tt02:

K Train
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
it seems like a great move...one less thing to focus on this april...mahan can go ahead and end his own life and faine would be a badass...i get shivers when i think about our line being awesome lol

K Train
02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
he wants top center money....which is garbage compared to top tackle and guard money, we wouldnt pay him much more that we were giving hartings

Captcoolhand
02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
anybody other that Mahan would make you happy...... please not Faine
The guy was a 1st rd pick but he never lived up to it.:dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2008, 07:52 PM
he wants top center money....which is garbage compared to top tackle and guard money, we wouldnt pay him much more that we were giving hartings

Thats true but you never know when top center money will get out of hand like top OG money did....:lol: I just hope Faine will be in the Rooney's price range.....But they did shell out the money for Hartings....But Hartings was an Pro-Bowl OG that moved to center when he signed with the Steelers.....I don't think Faine is at Hartings level yet...But still Faine will be a vast improvement over Mahan and thats enough for me....:yellowthumb:

K Train
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
faine played for **** teams with **** lines his first few years....mahan made teams **** with **** lines....its a fine line but its oh to clear lol

steelcityrockers
02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Faine is solid. Not great, not terrible. He will not be an All-Pro anytime soon, but I can safely say that I would be ecstatic if he signed here. However, on the venerable 4-17 chance of him coming here, I give it a 4.

Ambridge
02-27-2008, 08:29 PM

A first round Cleveland pick!! That about says it all right there.

JoeThomas
02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
A first round Cleveland pick!! That about says it all right there.

it was a mistake trading him. he isnt the top center in the NFL but should be paid like the top 5. the steelers getting him would be a plus.

steelerfan11
02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I say sign Jeff Faine or draft Doug Legursky....:tt02:

I agree with this. I would love to get Faine, he would be a huge improvement from last season.

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2008, 09:16 PM
it was a mistake trading him. he isnt the top center in the NFL but should be paid like the top 5. the steelers getting him would be a plus.

Why? Cause he was drafted by Cleveland? I think Faine is a good Center, but not Top 5. I stopped reading when he said he is looking for a huge payday.

V_83
02-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't really know anything a whole lot about him, if anything, but he definitely can't be worse than mahan. Plus the fact that he's a veteran means it would be a great pickup for me. Less to worry about in the draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2008, 10:08 PM
He did a bit of a bad rap being on a tin foil offensive line and a crap team in general but I think his potential if he's surrounded with quality players he can be something special for us. Hell at this point anybody who holds their own even 50 percent of the time is an improvement over Mahan.

TEEMONT
02-27-2008, 10:09 PM

what would it be if we just got rid of Mahan?

15?

HUNT4SEVEN
02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
cleveland let him go that says enough 4 me, he didn't do shiattttttttttt when he was up here........

steelcitysfinestXL
02-28-2008, 07:24 AM
cleveland let him go that says enough 4 me, he didn't do shiattttttttttt when he was up here........

WHO THE **** HAS!!! I think alot of talent has be ruined by playing on garbage squads in cleveland and Cincinati! I would love to see this guy come in... AT THE RIGHT PRICE!!!! I would hate to see us over spend on any of the FA C's this year... but we need help there big time!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Just watching NFLN they are having a free agency show and they were just talking about the OL. According to Adam Schefter Faine could command as much as 5-6 million per season and has a number of suitors who will be trying to sign him.

Zachintosh66
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
what about Shane Olivea... not for C, but he can play T or G. 60+ Starts and he is only 26!

K Train
02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
who cares...we gave mahan like a $18 million deal

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
We don't have that much more space under the cap right now after tendering these offers to players either. I haven't looked online yet but according to NFLN we're only a few mill under the cap as of right now.

As far as Mahan goes we can just junk that whole deal and save the money as far as Im concerned :lol:

K Train
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
we were like $18 mil under...i think were in pretty good shape to make one decent move in FA...faine or smith would blow my mind

Stairwayto7
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM

agreed

DIESELMAN
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
How bout Matt Lehr, C with TB? :greengrin: LMFAO!!!!! Seriously, Faine would be a good addition, granted we don't overpay.Like KT said we were 16-18 below the cap before we started signings. Theres not a whole lot out there thats going to be affordable, we can only hope that we hit it big in the draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
we were like $18 mil under...i think were in pretty good shape to make one decent move in FA...faine or smith would blow my mind

I would like to see either one, I think Faine got a bad rap playing for the clowns..he instantly solidified the OL in New Orleans when we got there but even then they didn't have the best group of 5 either so he's really looking to not only get a big payday but come to an established until who's on the verge of something great.

This would be such a wise move for us if we could pull it off, it would give us our Center and allow us to concentrate on less position on day 1.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Faine has signed with the Bucs....there goes that idea.

steelersgal86
02-29-2008, 07:21 AM
:closedtopic::closedtopic:

Steel58
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
It's not going to happen, Faine is going to sign with the Bucs

Brady Quinn
02-29-2008, 09:05 AM
HE WANTS MORE THAN HE IS WORTH AND THE STEELERS WILL NOT OVER PAY FOR A SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE CENTER.