PDA

View Full Version : Smith won't close door

DIESELMAN
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
INDIANAPOLIS - Justin Smith echoed Marvin Lewis on Friday and said he'll "definitely" give the Bengals a chance to re-sign him if they are in the economic mix when free agency opens in seven days.

Although Smith says he can play in a 3-4, the Bengals may have taken one step closer to doing it without him when they agreed to terms with end Jonathan Fanene on a three-year deal.

Smith thinks he can play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, so the scheme apparently won't be a factor when choosing a new team. Smith has heard the same scuttlebutt about Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, San Francisco, and his hometown Rams, but has heard nothing officially.

Rest of the story (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6655)

K Train
02-25-2008, 07:35 PM
smith as an olb....no, smith as a DE in a 34....very possible

JoeThomas
02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
mark it dude, he is coming to cleveland...

MDSteel15
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM

He don't wanna be no Stain :nono:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
smith as an olb....no, smith as a DE in a 34....very possible

Yea Smith playing OLB is very funny....:lol: I think he could be a very stout 3-4 DE though especially playing in the same DLine with Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton.....

DIESELMAN
02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
:willybs::greengrin: Yeah go ahead and sign Smith (he won't come that cheap), rework Winslow's contract, give DA what he wants (y'all need to trade his ***). Meanwhile you got a "rookie" QB making millions sittin on the sidelines, Clevelands FO should have faith in their decision and throw him in there. Then you guys can go after Asante (you guys need secondary help) and Stallworth and Moss (you need someone to lineup with Edwards). Resign whatever other FA's you might have and 1 year left contracts, then sign your draft picks, do all this with roughly 17 mil in cap space.:greengrin:

steelcityrockers
02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
A bit too much sarcasm DIESELMAN?

DIESELMAN
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
A bit too much sarcasm DIESELMAN?
No such thing as to much sarcasm, is there? :greengrin: You think I made my point? :banana2: