PDA

View Full Version : interesting article on Otah...he is a local product..

GoBenGo
02-25-2008, 09:49 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008802240368

Otah's destiny shaped by football
William Penn grad finds niche, eyes NFL
By GEOFF MOSHER, The News Journal

Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008

Offensive lineman Jeff Otah (left) holds off Kory Lichtensteiger during a drill at the NFL combine on Saturday.

AP/MICHAEL CONROY
INDIANAPOLIS -- Looking back, Patricia Otah should have known her son was on to something.

She'd pick up Jeff Otah at the airport, and he'd say the silliest things. Once, Jeff asked her if she'd like to travel around the world. Another time, he asked for a new car. Patricia said she'd buy him one upon his college graduation, but she'd have to tap into her 401(k). Jeff would crack up.

"He said, 'Mom......

from william penn hs in new castle del where my friend coaches wrestling...amazing Otah only played 3 varsity games!!!...loads of natural talent...his career really took of with the instruction he recieved at Pitt:yellowthumb:
interesting point...delaware has only had 4 first rounders....3 have been left tackles...:yesnod:

K Train
02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got ****** footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around

GoBenGo
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got shiatty footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around
wow, i haven't followed him THAT closely...the guy only played 3 varsity games in HS...i was wondering what happened a pitt to make everyone so high on him...he won't be a steeler anyway

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got shiatty footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around

Teams are still all over him and he'll go in the first round though. If he can control that massive frame of his and use his leverage to his advantage he'll be a beast. He's in probably the best class of Tackles to enter the draft in a long time and somebody will pay him the big bucks but he does have his work cut out for him when you measure him up against his peers.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I would want Williams or Cherilus over Otah.......I would also take Carl Nicks or the Collins kid from Kansas over Otah.....

K Train
02-25-2008, 06:36 PM
id rather have brandon albert playing tackle over otah...fat piece of ****

Black@Gold Forever32
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
id rather have brandon albert playing tackle over otah...fat piece of shiat

I agree....I was just naming OTs I want over Otah....I wouldn't mind Brandon Albert at 23 either if Williams and Cherilus are gone.....That would be the three OL that I want at 23.....This is of course with thinking Ryan Clady would be gone already....If Clady is there I would want him also....

But DL is an option also at 23......But just read on Steelers fever that the Steelers are going to pursue Justin Smith in free agency which would be sweet....There wasn't a link so thats why I didn't make a thread yet.......When I find a link then I will post it....

K Train
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
if justin smith came in and we paid him nicely....i would be ok with that...he wont come cheap, but who does? sean mahan?

GoBenGo
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
i wasn't endorsing the dude, i just thought it was cool he was from just up the highway...and interesting that I played more in HS than he did....it's not like he is going to end up here anyway....i like williams, gozder and hope one is available...