PDA

View Full Version : Logan says he was outside himself on sunday

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06271/725691-66.stm

Thursday, September 28, 2006
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Safety Mike Logan is not sure what came over him when he taunted the Bengals' Brad St. Louis after knocking him near senseless Sunday.

"You get caught up in the emotion of the game, probably a little bit more because it was a division game," Logan said. "You're trying to get a spark here or you're not having a good game. For me, it was kind of frustration not being able to go out and make plays and, when I made one, I got a little outside of myself."

Logan said coach Bill Cowher yesterday addressed his penalty and the celebration penalty of Verron Haynes and Willie Parker.

Logan's 10-yard penalty made the Steelers start their last-gasp drive from their 11 instead of the 21. It ended on Cincinnati's 16 when Roethlisberger threw an interception in the end zone.

"It was frustrating for me because of the situation in the game," Logan said. "I was very outside myself for this game and I don't know why, I think it was just emotions."

Logan is not normally like that, he's intense but usually keeps it under control. I don't expect him to have many more of those this season if at all.

BBG7
09-28-2006, 01:27 AM
I agree. I think there was a lot of emotions and like he said frustration. I guess it happens to the best of us....just as long as he doesn't make a habit of it.

Steelersfan
09-28-2006, 01:48 AM
I don't see Logan doing this again. The one to watch is Ike. He likes to talk a lot. I've seen him yapping after he makes a decent tackle on a WR that just went for 15yds....lol He will get one before this season is out.

Koopa
09-28-2006, 02:08 AM
why is he even on the team?? dude doesn't do ****

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2006, 02:24 AM
I would have got pumped if I laid a dude out like that too ;) Logan is a good guy and he's normally not like that. It was a one time thing especially in a division game, he learned a lesson from it and we won't see him do it again.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Back in the day he was a pretty damn good safety and has experience at CB too. He's lost a couple steps in his age and after some injuries but he's a great special teamer and backup safety.