PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Release Tuman, Kriewaldt and Rossum

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/87328/

DIESELMAN
02-22-2008, 06:20 PM
No biggie there, wasted a draft pick on Rossum.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
No surprise with Rossum. I hate though that we've lost every special teams ace this team has had now that Kreidwalt is gone. Losing Iwouma, Morey, Clint, that just hurts us even more but with Timmons fighting it out with Foote that's one less roster space for a special teams ace to occupy.

I really hope we can sign back Chidi or atleast somebody to be that special teams demon we need.

Tuman, well with Miller, Spaeth, and Dekker available and Jerame being hurt his luck just ran out.

TEEMONT
02-22-2008, 07:05 PM
we have special teams aces?

DIESELMAN
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
They've been preaching the young blood concept here lately. So out with the old and bring in the new. I get the ST loss but it wasn't that big of a loss considering how they played last season. We need a new identity on ST's, we need young guys who have attitudes, a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

we have special teams aces?
:haha:

Ambridge
02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
We need a new identity on ST's, we need young guys who have attitudes, a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

A new special teams coach to teach these players how to cover kicks and set up returns would be nice too.

TEEMONT
02-22-2008, 07:48 PM
The thing that drives me nuts is this, special teams is NOT that difficult. You keep your lanes, and collapse on the ball down field. I don't understand how we have always been so terrible, as long as I can remember. We weren't bad when Boby April was here, well not as bad anyways.

Stlrs4Life
02-22-2008, 07:50 PM
No surprises there. Kinda on Kriewaldt. But he was over paid as just a ST player.e

Dee Mca
02-22-2008, 08:15 PM
IMO just signing guys to cover 5 K.O.'s a game maybe is silly. Use the starters. We know they can at least hit and bust blocks . That way we free up some extra cash to sign other players.

yinzer
02-22-2008, 09:01 PM
thank god

DIESELMAN
02-22-2008, 09:12 PM
IMO just signing guys to cover 5 K.O.'s a game maybe is silly. Use the starters. We know they can at least hit and bust blocks . That way we free up some extra cash to sign other players.

Thats the one thing Tomlin was saying he was going to do at the beginning of last season and it never happened till late in the season. I sure hope Tomlin learned a lot in his first season.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2008, 09:45 PM
All three were dead weight that needed to go in my opinion....Tuman is getting older and pushed down the depth chart with Miller and Spaeth ahead of him....Kreiwaldt was so over-rated it wasn't even funny....He couldn't really add anything as a LB and the special teams were bad with him anyway.....So hit the road jack...lol As for Rossum....I didn't mind the trade when it happened since it only cost the team a late round draft pick...There was a need for a return and still a need for a return man....The Steelers took a chance and didn't work out for the most part with Rossum...It happens...

DIESELMAN
02-22-2008, 10:06 PM
The Steelers took a chance and didn't work out for the most part with Rossum...It happens...
Yeah it didn't work but at least now we know Tomlin isn't afraid to try and make a trade during the season to shake things up. :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-23-2008, 05:12 AM
I was so excited when Rossum got here because he was a proven return guy that could really ignite a team...but man he just did a whole lotta nothin after that initial TD he scored earlier in the year.

stillers4me
02-23-2008, 10:58 AM
He held on to the freakin' ball which was more than Willie Reid did.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Yea lets just keep a guy for holding onto the ball...lol The Steelers need a return man period......Willie Reid and Allen Rossum were not the answers period....Steelers better look at adding a return guy in this draft.....

Oh wait a minute we have Jeremy Bloom....lol I feel so much better now......not.....lol

DIESELMAN
02-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Yea lets just keep a guy for holding onto the ball...lol The Steelers need a return man period......Willie Reid and Allen Rossum were not the answers period....Steelers better look at adding a return guy in this draft.....

Oh wait a minute we have Jeremy Bloom....lol I feel so much better now......not.....lol
We can put skis on Bloom and he might break a few for TD's. lol Hanging on to the ball is a good thing but the 6 yard average is not going to cut it.

Stairwayto7
02-23-2008, 03:28 PM
My $$ says somehow Tuman will get back on the roster during the season

V_83
02-23-2008, 04:39 PM
A new special teams coach to teach these players how to cover kicks and set up returns would be nice too.

Yeah, I think that a new special teams coach will help more than anything.

kgreen
02-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Bye scrubs:nahnah:

MDSteel15
02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
What was that? You saw Alge Crumpler at Heinz Field!?!?:eyecrazy: