PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in talks to move Walker

Friday133
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Broncos in talks to move Walker
By The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 02/22/2008 01:40:17 AM MST

INDIANAPOLIS Receiver Javon Walker ended the season saying he didn't think he was a good fit for the Broncos. Therefore, the team has had preliminary trade talks about moving Walker. Deals can't be finalized until next Friday.

Among the teams believed to be interested is Tampa Bay. Other teams expected to at least inquire about Walker include Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Chicago and the New York Jets.

Trading Walker will not be easy. He has a big contract and a history of knee issues. Any deal involving Walker would likely involve a conditional draft pick. If he's not traded by March 4, Denver will likely cut Walker, who is due $5.4 million in bonuses on that date. The Broncos are not expected to rework his contract, as they did for Travis Henry and Dre Bly.

Denver is studying prospective free-agent receivers to pair with Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley. Among the free agents being considered are Bernard Berrian, Bryant Johnson and Randy Moss, though it's unlikely Moss ends up in Denver. The team could also go the receiver route in the April draft.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8329398)

What would you guys think of trying to get Walker? I think he would be an interesting addition for us.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Walker is a big strong target..he's had some injury problems but if we could bring in a guy like him, or maybe Porter, Moulds, somebody who's proven that would really give us a legit 4th WR. I'd be all for it if the price is right. He seems to be a bit of a talker though and isn't afraid to speak his mind if he's not happy so Im sure the team will consider his character before anything else might come of a potential deal.

Friday133
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
No way would I want Moulds, the guy is ready to drop over. Plus I would think Walker would be more of a #2 WR. I would love to see them move Ward into the slot this year. Although I doubt with his ego it would happen.

JoeThomas
02-22-2008, 09:31 AM
walker is definetly a #1 on most teams. problem is he would cost a 2nd round pick or else the broncs wouldnt want to deal him.

DIESELMAN
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Why try and make trade talks when more then likely he will be cut in March?

Stairwayto7
02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I`m afraid that him having NO.1 receiver skills, that this could kill our team chemistry!

K Train
02-22-2008, 01:01 PM
when players want to win and your QB whines for a tall guy....things can happen...having his and holmes speed on the out outside and wards toughness and sheer ability to get open and make plays on the inside with heath across the middle would be special

steelcityrockers
02-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I would **** a squirrel if we got him.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I have to agree with Dieselman why trade for him when he will get cut?....Teams know this and probably will wait until he does get cut to make a move on him....

Walker is a very good WR when healthy..........He would upgrade the WR core of this greatly.......But can he stay healthy?....He hasn't proven to stay healthy so far in his career so why would it be any different now....Doesn't do the team any good if he is hurt all the time...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-23-2008, 04:13 AM
They are probably looking to try and get him before he gets cut so they might be able to work out a deal easier on the cap situation isntead of trying to compete with other teams and having the price driven up :dunno:

DIESELMAN
02-23-2008, 09:51 AM
They are probably looking to try and get him before he gets cut so they might be able to work out a deal easier on the cap situation isntead of trying to compete with other teams and having the price driven up :dunno:

Good point TOP but like BGF32 was saying he hasn't proven hes 100% from his knee surgery, he had all kinds of problems last year. Damaged goods is not a good bargaining chip.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah if he passes a physical and he's pronounced healthy they I'd like to see us try and trade for him but guys with recent injuries always scare me so I don't know how interested the team would really be but when he's on his game the dude is money for sure.

SteelerFan87
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Javon Walker would be a beast in Pittsburgh. Him, Santonio, Hines, and Heath would be deadly. I don't think the Rooneys are bold enough to go after him, but if they did, we would have an awesome offense. Ben might throw 40 TDs. Seriously, if we can solidify the O-line at all, sign Walker, and have either Woodley or Timmons develop into a good LB that can get good pressure on the QB, we would be pretty damn tough to beat.

K Train
02-24-2008, 10:52 PM
and his durability issues wouldne be a huge concern because were not asking him to do it all and life will move forward without him

SteelerFan87
02-24-2008, 11:09 PM
and his durability issues wouldne be a huge concern because were not asking him to do it all and life will move forward without him

Exactly. Our WR corps can manage without him if he's hurt, and if he's healthy he'd be a huge bonus.

TEEMONT
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Exactly. Our WR corps can manage without him if he's hurt, and if he's healthy he'd be a huge bonus.

Yeah but what are we willing to give up to get him?

K Train
02-24-2008, 11:12 PM
cedric wilson

hes gonna get cut, theres not a team out there that will trade for him when hes almost certainly gonna get cut

TEEMONT
02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
cedric wilson

hes gonna get cut, theres not a team out there that will trade for him when hes almost certainly gonna get cut

lol...if the broncos accepted that trade they should havee to become an AFL team.

SteelerFan87
02-24-2008, 11:23 PM
cedric wilson

:lol: I say we throw in Sean Mahan too. lol

Seriously though, they have no bargaining power since he wants out and they're pretty much set on getting rid of him one way or another.

Steelx
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Walker is a player I do not want playing for the Steelers thats for sure. The injury he had and still has is always going to be with him for ever from what I have read in the past. He wants to be the #1 and he wants a lot of money. Something that really will not happen with the Steelers this topic can just be dropped because I really do not think many teams will be after Walker this offseason.

K Train
02-24-2008, 11:39 PM
hes gonna realize there not any teams out there thats gonna throw him alot of money....hes gonna go somewhere that he thinks he can win...you gotta prove yourself before you can cash in

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
cedric wilson

dude, we're trying to find somebody to give up that they would actually want :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
hes gonna realize there not any teams out there thats gonna throw him alot of money....hes gonna go somewhere that he thinks he can win...you gotta prove yourself before you can cash in

WORD!!! Just like Moss, he got a one year deal with mad incentives... that he met!!! No matter where he goes he's not gonna get huge money or a long term deal until after his first season... so if he goes to Oak and they go 4-12 he'll probley be gone the next year!!!! If he comes here, or to anther playoff caliber team that is 11-5 or better and has a playoff win or two, then he will get the money he wants!!!!

JensK
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Why not? Walker would be a deadly weapon. If we have a way to free up the money i think we should go for it. As you guys said: Holmes, ward, miller and Walker would be nuts.. Now if we find a way to stop the endless steam of sacks on ben, we would be all set :P