PDA

View Full Version : Haggans all but gone.....

DIESELMAN
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
The career of linebacker Clark Haggans as a member of the Steelers is all but over. Not to much of a surprise, today’s Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting that Haggans will enter free agency next week and will not resign with the Black and Gold. This is a no-brainer, as the Steelers have been grooming their next solid linebacker - 2nd year stud LaMarr Woodley, who was solid in his time on the field as a rookie in 2007. Haggans is now 31, and likely will find it tough to get a big deal on the open market. The Tribune-Review says that he’ll be not much more than a stopgap for a team that runs a 3-4 defense, and most 4-3 teams won’t even take a look at him. For now, Haggans spot will be Woodley’s once the 2008 season starts.

We all pretty much knew this was going to happen. We still need to pickup a LB via FA or the draft.

BlackGold4vr
02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
We all pretty much knew this was going to happen. We still need to pickup a LB via FA or the draft.

This will be an upgrade in our defense for next year. I look for Lamar to bring a lot more pressure on the QB and be better in run 'D'. Pass coverage will more than likely be the area Lamar will need to work on since he is a converted DE from college. :clap:

Now if we can just find a replacement for Kiesel in the starting line-up......

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Im definitely excited to see what Wood can bring. Haggans was unofficially dubbed "Mr. almost got there" so Wood should be a nice upgrade in that position. He seems to play with more leverage and power than Clark did.

PsychoWard
02-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Im definitely excited to see what Wood can bring. Haggans was unofficially dubbed "Mr. almost got there" so Wood should be a nice upgrade in that position. He seems to play with more leverage and power than Clark did.

hell yeah i can't wait to see what he brings to the table!

Prosdo
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
No big surprise here. I like Clark, but his time in the Burgh is over. The Wood is taking over!

steelcityrockers
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
It also helps that Woodley and Haggans have the same agent.

Stlrs4Life
02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
No surprise. But now need to replace him.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Haggans had really 1 breakout year for us right before his contract was up this last time and since then he's been putting average stats but nothing stellar. Wood is young and hungry and working along side Silverback could make for a potential new version of Quiver & Quake !

yinzer
02-20-2008, 07:43 PM
hell yeah i can't wait to see what he brings to the table!

we've already seen what he brings to the table and I LOVE IT!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
is foote next?he should b i would rather c bell n foote place if timmons isn't ready.......

Stlrs4Life
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
is foote next?he should b i would rather c bell n foote place if timmons isn't ready.......

Are you talking about Kendrell Bell? hope not. He stinks. Foote is OK.

K Train
02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
wouldnt be shocked if he was on our bench next year