PDA

View Full Version : Americas Game

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Watched Americas Game last night. It was about the '75 Steelers. After watching it. I firmly believe, that they would tear the present Steelers a new one IMO.

steelcityrockers
02-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Nah. The O-Line was a lot smaller and would be penetrated easily by The current one. The never saw a 3-4 either. Also, the spread offense would just butcher them because their Corners other than Blount (who couldn't play CB in today's NFL) probably weren't too good and the safeties weren't so hot in pass coverage.

yinzer
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Watched Americas Game last night. It was about the '75 Steelers. After watching it. I firmly believe, that they would tear the present Steelers a new one IMO.

no way! no 70's team could beat any "now" team. guys now are bigger, stronger, and faster. big ben is bigger than jack lambert ever was.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
no way! no 70's team could beat any "now" team. guys now are bigger, stronger, and faster. big ben is bigger than jack lambert ever was.

I completely beg to differ on this..the guys back then may have been smaller than today's players but they were a helluva lot tougher than any player on any NFL roster today. The Steel Curtain would crush our current OL like they were tin foil.

TEEMONT
02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I completely beg to differ on this..the guys back then may have been smaller than today's players but they were a helluva lot tougher than any player on any NFL roster today. The Steel Curtain would crush our current OL like they were tin foil.

Lol....Even Sean Mahan would put Mean Joe in his back.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Lol....Even Sean Mahan would put Mean Joe in his back.

:lol: Mahan couldn't put Shaggy on his back much less Mean Joe...

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/45265/2002827247576186697_rs.jpg

DIESELMAN
02-19-2008, 11:22 PM

:haha: no doubt!!!

MDSteel15
02-20-2008, 01:19 AM

The only voice of reason in tis retarded thread....:banging:

floodcitygirl
02-20-2008, 09:49 AM
no way! no 70's team could beat any "now" team. guys now are bigger, stronger, and faster. big ben is bigger than jack lambert ever was.Jack Lambert went up against guys that were bigger than him all the time. You can look at the footage to see how that worked out for him.

Stlrs4Life
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM

Exactly. I realize that the guys are bigger now. But they are not as tough as they were back then. They aren't even as close as being as aggressive.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Lambert went up against guys that were bigger than him all the time. You can look at the footage to see how that worked out for him.

So true!

yinzer
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM

ZOIKS!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Everytime you watch a highlight video of the 70's teams you just really get an appreciation for how relentless and tough these guys really were. Paying for an annual salary of what a good player these days makes in a single game check, the 70's teams just gave it their all and played with passion!

SteelerSteve
02-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Saying that guys arent as tough anymore is kinda ridiculous imo, while I appreciate the older teams and some of them probably could beat some of todays teams, because lets face it, its not all about physical talent. Its also about execution, but at the same time I think that todays guys just make it look easy because of how proficient they are at what they do.