PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Albert, Mr. Tomlin we must..........

kgreen
02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
..........draft

http://media.nbc12.com/images/uva_logo_swords4.jpg

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/rankings/og/brandenalbert.jpg

this

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics24/400/QW/QWWBRDIAYRQSCFM.20070809153258.JPG

guy!

He is a bad-a$$! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE draft him!!!

K Train
02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
not in the first, hes a guard and even though hes a giant guard....theres better options left at tackle...unless there is only sam baker available as far as top 5 guys

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
People need to get a clue.....Even though Faneca is leaving the bigger need is OT...lol Yea lets keep Willie Colon at RT who gave up like 10 sacks this year....Plus keep Marvel Smith who is better suited for RT at LT...lol

Move Colon to OG....Many seem to think he can make the transition to OG........Simmons will man the other OG spot..........Draft an OT.....a LT would be awesome.....Then try to find a center in the draft also.....

OT and center are the biggest needs on the team....Albert wouldn't be a bad pick....If best available at 23 then so be it....But I rather have OT or a DL in the first...Then if those positions have nothing of value at 23 then look at a WR or RB....Or a corner like Talib....

DIESELMAN
02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
People need to get a clue.....Even though Faneca is leaving the bigger need is OT...lol Yea lets keep Willie Colon at RT who gave up like 10 sacks this year....Plus keep Marvel Smith who is better suited for RT at LT...lol

Move Colon to OG....Many seem to think he can make the transition to OG........Simmons will man the other OG spot..........Draft an OT.....a LT would be awesome.....Then try to find a center in the draft also.....

OT and center are the biggest needs on the team....Albert wouldn't be a bad pick....If best available at 23 then so be it....But I rather have OT or a DL in the first...Then if those positions have nothing of value at 23 then look at a WR or RB....Or a corner like Talib....

Colon definitely needs to move to OG, his arms are to short for OT. You hear alot about OT's switching OG's but not the other way around. We definitely need a OT, trade up if we have to, especially if and when a run on OT's starts. If Albert is there in the 2nd, which I doubt by all means draft his big ***. I've watched tapes of this guy and hes a ****ing monster, especially pulling and steamrolling over everything in front of him.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Colon definitely needs to move to OG, his arms are to short for OT. You hear alot about OT's switching OG's but not the other way around. We definitely need a OT, trade up if we have to, especially if and when a run on OT's starts. If Albert is there in the 2nd, which I doubt by all means draft his big ***. I've watched tapes of this guy and hes a ****ing monster, especially pulling and steamrolling over everything in front of him.

If Albert is there in the 2nd then by all means draft the guy....That would be smart move...

DIESELMAN
02-17-2008, 11:47 PM
If Albert is there in the 2nd then by all means draft the guy....That would be smart move...
Most definitely but I doubt he'll be there in the 2nd, hes getting a lot of hype by Mayock but from a lot of other sites I go to, Albert is still ranked around 2-5 as a OG, so who knows really. I've seen a couple of mocks where we draft Williams in the 1st and Albert in the 2nd....How ****ing sweet would that be?

DIESELMAN
02-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Here is a highlight video of Albert, he starts around 3:10 on the clip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806b5815

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Most definitely but I doubt he'll be there in the 2nd, hes getting a lot of hype by Mayock but from a lot of other sites I go to, Albert is still ranked around 2-5 as a OG, so who knows really. I've seen a couple of mocks where we draft Williams in the 1st and Albert in the 2nd....How ****ing sweet would that be?

If the Steelers landed Williams and Albert man I don't know what I would do....Probably do something crazy in excitement...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Don't be surprised if the Steelers take a good long look at this kid, he's versatile enough to play both G and T and the team has always been a fan of guys that can play multiple positions.

Remember too the last 3 centers we've had before turnstyle this year...Webster, Dawson, and Hartings were all converted Guards at some point in the career so that means that Simmons might very well go to Center eliminating that particular need on draft day, atleast in their own minds, of getting a Center and allowing them to really concentrate on the other positions for big guys.

Im just saying I know we need a LT, Marvel is in the last year of his deal and he's been hurt a lot, Essex can enter FA and Starks is a FA so at this point the only T on the roster right now that is sure to be back next year is Colon and with the talk of moving him to possibly guard that mandates the need even more to take a true T or Albert could be versatile enough to play T like some teams are thinking of doing with him. The possibilities for this team on the OL are wide open this year so virtually any pick is going to be a plus. The way his stock is rising according to all the draft Guru's I don't think there's any way he'll make it to the 2nd round where we pick unless we move up to get him which I would love to see us do. Watch and see if we don't take Albert this year to take over for Faneca, move Simmons to Center and Colon to RG. Let Marvel finish out his contract with us and move Essex to RT. Stranger things have happened...

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Ok so we enter the season with just Smith and Essex at OT?....That would be very scary....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2008, 02:07 AM
I agree and at this point we may not even have Essex at T if somebody takes him from us. There's so many ways we could go on day 1 and I wouldn't be unhappy at all if we went all interior lineman with every pick with atleast 2 on the offensive side. If the team thinks Albert is capable of making the move to LT they may draft him and stick him there, who knows depending on how may Tackles go before us. If Simmons is willing to make the jump to Center that would help solidify everything else we do and sure up atleast 1 position on the line which at this point we don't have anywhere. I would love to see us take 1 of the 6 solid T that will be available in the first round to us but knowing this team don't be surprised that if Albert is there for us that they snag him.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2008, 02:14 AM
The OL is such a mess its not even funny.....All I know Willie Colon can not play OT in the NFL....He must move to OG and hopefully he can make the switch....Plus Mahan can't start at center and I really wouldn't want him to start at OG also...His sorry *** belongs on the bench as a backup....Simmons to center might happen....I think he would be better then Mahan...lol But then you leave another OG spot open...lol

I still say drafting a OT and center is the best moves for this OL this year.....Now if they draft Albert in the first then this team must draft an OT in the 2nd.....Then move Simmons to center.....Noway I want Mahan anywhere near a starters role at center or OG...lol

steelcitysfinestXL
02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
No way in hell we draft a guard 1st... just wont happen... with Colon, Chris K, Simmons and Mahan, this team has too much invested at potential starters at guard... Our problem is at T, Colon is a guard in the NFL and he proved that this year. We need to draft a starter at T first off, if this dude is as good as everyone says he wont be around in the 2nd unless we make a move for him...

kgreen
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm telling you, this guy right now is the best option for us. He can (as mentioned above) play both Guard and Tackle so why not? I mean after watching this guy play for like 3 years I am more than convinced that he would fit our style.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

No way in hell we draft a guard 1st... just wont happen... with Colon, Chris K, Simmons and Mahan, this team has too much invested at potential starters at guard... Our problem is at T, Colon is a guard in the NFL and he proved that this year. We need to draft a starter at T first off, if this dude is as good as everyone says he wont be around in the 2nd unless we make a move for him...

Albert can play Tackle...........:greengrin:

DIESELMAN
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm telling you, this guy right now is the best option for us. He can (as mentioned above) play both Guard and Tackle so why not? I mean after watching this guy play for like 3 years I am more than convinced that he would fit our style.

So you've seen him play for 3 years? How does he do against speed rushers? Like someone mentioned before, if he has the talent to play OT, with his size, why didn't he start as OT? I heard, in his career at Va. hes played just 2 games as a OT. I can see because they had D'Brickashaw Ferguson playing OT, he didn't get much playing time at OT, but Ferguson got drafted 2 years ago. I believe in this guys size but 1 film clip and a few "experts" praises hasn't sold me yet.

BlackGold4vr
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Drafting Albert would not upset me at all as long as it wasn't in the first round! No need to dip down in the talent pool for someone projected as a second rounder. I would much rather have Williams or Clady in the first. I hope that we don't go anywhere near Otah. We have already had an OT that has struggled with weight and consistent play (Starks). No way these guys can handle the outside speed rushers playing at 340-350lbs and a huge roll of blubber hanging around the waist.

:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
So you've seen him play for 3 years? How does he do against speed rushers? Like someone mentioned before, if he has the talent to play OT, with his size, why didn't he start as OT? I heard, in his career at Va. hes played just 2 games as a OT. I can see because they had D'Brickashaw Ferguson playing OT, he didn't get much playing time at OT, but Ferguson got drafted 2 years ago. I believe in this guys size but 1 film clip and a few "experts" praises hasn't sold me yet.

I think he's pretty much sure thing at Guard, or atleast as much as you can have a sure thing in the draft in the first round. He is still an unproven at LT but from what I've heard he's got the talent to do it but it would just take some time for him to fit into the roll. I think if we were set at T this year drafting Albert would be a done deal for us because they would pencil him in to start at G and he could also backup the LT spot but if we're not set at T and at this point we aren't yet then it's not a sure thing but I certainly wouldn't be pissed off if we snagged him although as I mentioned we'd probably have to trade up in the 2nd round to get him if he lasts through the first.

steelcityrockers
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
My only problem with hm is he is waaaaaay too big to play Guard. He has good feet and is athleic enough to play Left Tackle but probably would not be ready to start for a year or two. He started two games at LT for the Cavs.

kgreen
02-18-2008, 05:45 PM

He is pretty good against speed. He needs a little work, but hes good enough to play tackle. I mean the dude, for his size can move, so with great coaching he could be a great OT or OG.

K Train
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
guards that play both guard and tackles......

are terrible tackles

versatility is overrated, its a coverup for not being able to do one thing great but a few things good

DIESELMAN
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
guards that play both guard and tackles......

are terrible tackles

versatility is overrated, its a coverup for not being able to do one thing great but a few things good
and thats what we need.....a great OT, nothing less.:yellowthumb: