PDA

View Full Version : Faneca says good bye to Pittsburgh

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
"I think first and foremost I'd like to thank the fans, the Steeler nation, I mean The Steeler nation is so big, it's bigger than Pittsburgh," Faneca said. "It's been a great time in Pittsburgh and my family and I, we love our time there, and we're going to miss it. It's always going to be a part of home."

http://kdka.com/steelers/Alan.Faneca.Pro.2.652538.html

K Train
02-15-2008, 02:26 PM
im sick of it, move on and quit trying to make it a sob story

steelcityrockers
02-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Didn't expect that until the 29th.

Stairwayto7
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Damn, I wish it wasn`t so!

HUNT4SEVEN
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM
im sick of it, move on and quit trying to make it a sob story
i agree it's time 2 move on, good ridance alan lol, besides if u look at the superbowl year an after that, alan proved he lost an step,the rooneys understand there players better than we do, let some sucker team pay him an boat load of money ................he is not as productive as he use 2 b.

GoBenGo
02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
it was great al..
http://i25.tinypic.com/2prcils.jpg

moving on....

JoeThomas
02-15-2008, 03:49 PM
the next cleveland brown.... haha jk. for once we dont need a O lineman haha

Black@Gold Forever32
02-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Goodbye Faneca......He was very good in his prime....I think a bit over-rated though....I won't miss him at all..lol Players come and they go.....

StlersGuy
02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
They come they go... best of luck to you Faneca wherever you end up

DIESELMAN
02-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks Alan, good luck where ever you land. :bigthumb:

steelcityrockers
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
the next cleveland brown.... haha jk. for once we dont need a O lineman haha

If they signed him and moved him to Right Guard to take over for Seth McKinney (who still kinda sucks) they could possibly have one of the best lines in the NFL.

Stlrs4Life
02-15-2008, 06:50 PM
They come they go... best of luck to you Faneca wherever you end up

I agree. We have lost bigger named guys than Alan.

JB 67
02-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry to see him go the o-line is really a mess maybe Rooney will shock us all and sign a big name free agent..:cope:

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I"m really sad to see him go after 10 yrs and I feel bad when players feel sad to leave. I wish Alan the best and I hope he gets the deal he wants. :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm not going to feel bad or sad for a multi millionaire....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2008, 10:15 PM
As Steeler fans we should used to losing big name players, guys that have been around the organization since they were drafted. That's todays NFL for ya players come and go; it's sure not what it used to be when guys spent their whole career with one team. That is a rare thing to see in the NFL anymore unless you are a franchise QB or another high profile position but even then it's no guarantee when you hit that 10 mark or so that you won't be let go.

Good luck to you Alan if this is the end, we'll miss ya big Red and thanks for all the memories !

TEEMONT
02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
besides if u look at the superbowl year an after that

wrong...w/o Alan in the SB, the 75 yard run does not happen.

BlitzburghNation
02-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks Alan, good luck where ever you land. :bigthumb:

:ditto:

JoeThomas
02-15-2008, 11:22 PM
If they signed him and moved him to Right Guard to take over for Seth McKinney (who still kinda sucks) they could possibly have one of the best lines in the NFL.

i agree but for what he will cost we need alot of other things, d line mainly. but what a thought, jamal might hit 2k again, haha.

K Train
02-15-2008, 11:22 PM

theres no way they can afford to give faneca top guard money when they just gave steinbeck very top guard money and joe thomas 3rd overall pick money and they are still paying lecharles bentley a ton an they have a first round QB on their bench, a overrated anderson whos gonna command top dollar, a TE who says hes elite and wants to get paid and Jamal Lewis who had a career resurecting year....they have got to be heading for cap hell lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2008, 06:30 AM
i agree but for what he will cost we need alot of other things, d line mainly. but what a thought, jamal might hit 2k again, haha.

If they are smart they don't pay Anderson all that money he wants. You just spent a 1st round pick on a QB so if Anderson wants to walk let him go and somebody else can pay him. The dude had one good year it's not like he's Dan Marino all of the sudden; get Brady Quinn in there and get him going, give Jamal a nice 3 yr deal for good money and see if he'll stick around and spend the rest on your defense.

steelersgal86
02-16-2008, 07:24 AM
I"m really sad to see him go after 10 yrs and I feel bad when players feel sad to leave. I wish Alan the best and I hope he gets the deal he wants. :tt02:

:iagree: I hate to see him go...but I wish his the best of luck :yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
02-19-2008, 05:22 AM
I am very sad! This sucks! I understand the economics of the NFL, but it does not make me feel any better!

Brady Quinn
02-19-2008, 10:13 AM
He is going to make some QB very happy this year sorry guys. Get Ben some help or a great medical plan

Stairwayto7
02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
He is going to make some QB very happy this year sorry guys. Get Ben some help or a great medical plan

happy? Yes! But he is 31, and a 5 year contract was a stretch for a pulling guard. And he alone will not make someones offenive line. I would love to move him to our center though!

GoBenGo
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
(volume is low...turn it up!) http://www.martybarrett.com/Media/Hulk%20Lonely%20Man%20Theme.mp3 ...a little walkin away music, his locker cleaned out, his future uncertain,yes, he'll play somewhere, but no longer in pittsburgh... fade to black...

alas, the perfect ending to the thread