PDA

View Full Version : U of Phoenix Stadium

PITT23
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2603052

What a dumb name. They didnt like playing in a college stadium then they name it after some stupid online school. Whatever... :scratch:

suitanim
09-26-2006, 07:42 PM
154 over 20 is some SERIOUS jack, though...

Then again, that will just about cover Edge's contract, I think...

SteelerFan87
09-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Hahahahahahaha! Wow, that's just idiotic. At least Sun Devil Stadium sounds better. University of Phoenix Stadium sound like it's the stadium where the University of Phoenix plays. How did they not see how stupid this would look? Well, based on the ammount of money involved, I think we know exactly where their priorities lie.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey they could of named it pink taco stadium. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Surely they could come up with a better name than that, regardless of who the naming rights belong to.

Hawk Believer
09-26-2006, 08:37 PM
University of Phoenix Stadium sound like it's the stadium where the University of Phoenix plays. l
How well is their football team doing this year anyway????:scratch:

SteelerFan87
09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey they could of named it pink taco stadium. :lol:

ROTFL! Yeah, I guess pink taco does sound worse than University of Phoenix stadium.

House of Steel
09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
If that isn't the dumbest name for a stadium, I don't know what is. COME ON!!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 09:38 PM
CORRECTION The University of Phoenix is not just an online school, they do have campuses throughout the country. UofP use to consist of two sibsidaries under the name Appollo Group. There was the online campus and the ground campus. Just recently these two subsidaries merged into one.

UofP use to be geared toward working adults who had full time jobs and wanted to pursue an education, quite like myself! I am a graduate of UofP class of 2000! Just recently they started to target the younger crowd. How do I know so much information about UofP after only being a student... my wife worked there for 4 years...

House of Steel
09-26-2006, 09:42 PM
They have a University of Phoenix ground campus here in Independence, Ohio.

suitanim
09-26-2006, 10:13 PM
CORRECTION The University of Phoenix is not just an online school, they do have campuses throughout the country. UofP use to consist of two sibsidaries under the name Appollo Group. There was the online campus and the ground campus. Just recently these two subsidaries merged into one.

UofP use to be geared toward working adults who had full time jobs and wanted to pursue an education, quite like myself! I am a graduate of UofP class of 2000! Just recently they started to target the younger crowd. How do I know so much information about UofP after only being a student... my wife worked there for 4 years...

You had me at "Correction"...

I knew you were a student. Nothing wrong with the school, and nothing wrong with buying the rights, but bear in mind that when your U of P class that cost $123 last year costs $175 this year, well...now you know why.

shimmysteelerfan
09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
they shoulda called it the Sun Dome!!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 10:22 PM
You had me at "Correction"...

I knew you were a student. Nothing wrong with the school, and nothing wrong with buying the rights, but bear in mind that when your U of P class that cost $123 last year costs $175 this year, well...now you know why.
Don't worry about it! It's more of a degree mill than anything :lol: I graduated 6 years ago and I had good reason for going there... maybe someday I'll type it up and share with you all, it's actually a sad story...

Classes are more around the $800-1100 range... It's already ridiculously over priced I can't imagine what's its going to be now... :dunno:

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 10:25 PM
they shoulda called it the Sun Dome!!!!
That's actually a cool name! You ought to call them up, I'm not sure you can match what the UofP is offering though :lol: