PDA

View Full Version : If you could have 60 minutes with Tomlin what would you say?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day for some reason...probably somewhere in the middle of a thought about the defensive line and the offensive line :lol:

If you could have a 1 on 1 meeting with Tomlin and tell him anything you wanted about the team what would it be?

I think I'd have to say:

-please use Free Agency, it's out there for the taking. Every other team uses it (obviously some use it better than others) but please go out and spend some money on a good FA wide receiver and maybe defensive lineman while you build through the draft.

-Make a bigger push to keep Faneca and atleast make a respectable offer to it's not so easy for him to leave us.

-Give our backup RB's some more carriers so they aren't as cold if they have to play like last year.

-Get these guys ready to play on the road, if you can't win on the road you can't win in the playoffs.

-I would say please get field turf but that's talking to a brick wall so I probably wouldn't bother.

K Train
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
id say get turf bitch, tell ben to stop whining about a WR, trade troy to the eagles for shawne andrews, sign justin smith and look at jerry porter. Draft Chris williams in the first round and trade up our 4th, 5th and 7th for more 2nd and 3rd rounders, take a serious look at kentwan balmer and heath benedict and that richardson guy from clemson. and maybe draft chris johnson or a corner that can return and add depth for when townsend dies.

ARKIESTEEL
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
How about a job. can you hook me up with tickets. 3 and 5 ?????stupid

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't mind having a shot at Moulds as a FA. He would give us 4 legit threats at the WR position and allow us to draft someone and bring them a long in the system for a year or 2. Yeah good call K train, please get us some kind of decent return man for punts!

DIESELMAN
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Take over the Draft....you inherited a old and depthless team in a few important areas, you can blame Cowher for that but Colbert is just as much to blame. Get a new scouting team, day 2 picks over the last bunch of years hasn't been great, thats why our OL sucks and our DL has no depth. WE NEED MORE PLAYMAKERS!!!!!

yinzer
02-12-2008, 10:20 PM
i'd ask him why, in the name of all that is holy, did he choose such a numbnut for an offensive coordinator?

RckyMtnStlrFan
02-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day for some reason...probably somewhere in the middle of a thought about the defensive line and the offensive line :lol:

If you could have a 1 on 1 meeting with Tomlin and tell him anything you wanted about the team what would it be?

I think I'd have to say:

-please use Free Agency, it's out there for the taking. Every other team uses it (obviously some use it better than others) but please go out and spend some money on a good FA wide receiver and maybe defensive lineman while you build through the draft.

-Make a bigger push to keep Faneca and atleast make a respectable offer to it's not so easy for him to leave us.

-Give our backup RB's some more carriers so they aren't as cold if they have to play like last year.

-Get these guys ready to play on the road, if you can't win on the road you can't win in the playoffs.

-I would say please get field turf but that's talking to a brick wall so I probably wouldn't bother.

Those are all great things to say, but I think most of them would be better said to the Rooney's. When it comes to FA, Faneca and turf it all boils down to money. Though I love the Rooney's, they are cheap. I actually agree with them and don't think players should make the ridiculous amounts of money they do, but to be competitive in todays NFL you have to pay. Tomlin's hands are tied.

I would probably ask what he plans on doing with the OL, ST and Bens bad attitude about a WR. We could use a good tall WR, but Ben shouldn't be publicly bitching about it.

SaskSteeler
02-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Those are all great things to say, but I think most of them would be better said to the Rooney's. When it comes to FA, Faneca and turf it all boils down to money. Though I love the Rooney's, they are cheap. I actually agree with them and don't think players should make the ridiculous amounts of money they do, but to be competitive in todays NFL you have to pay. Tomlin's hands are tied.

I would probably ask what he plans on doing with the OL, ST and Bens bad attitude about a WR. We could use a good tall WR, but Ben shouldn't be publicly bitching about it.

I'd like a big wideout, and hopefully a young o-lineman. We could draft three o-linemen, easy.

Prosdo
02-13-2008, 12:31 AM
-Drop Steely McBeam at the bottom of the Allegheny
-Tell the Rooneys to switch to turf!
-Do you see the defensive scheme switching if so how and when?
-What do you plan to do in the draft?
-Fix the offensive line!

Ambridge
02-13-2008, 05:42 AM
WTF brand of football were you playing the last half of the season??
Are you fully aware of the rich tradition of hard nosed football that has been played here.....especially the last 40yrs????.....you might want to grow a SET and go study the last two head coaches that were here and take a look at the 5 Lombardi's in the trophy case.

If you don't fire Bruce Arians sometime soon you can expect to be hunted down with torches and clubs just like Frankenstein by a huge mob of irate Steeler fans who will want to burn you at the stake.

BTW here's the latest version of Football for Dummies for when you have one of those urges to try a 2 point conversion from the 12yd line during a playoff game again.

Besides all of that....how are the wife and kids??

K Train
02-13-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah go study cowher, thats what we need lol.....stfu

V_83
02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
- ask the reason behind steely mcbeam
- about the offensive/defensive line situation
- about the big WR situation
- maybe a change in our offensive approach
- our approach to this years draft overall
- what kind of music he likes (to fill up the hour) :greengrin:

Steel58
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
1: It was an honor to meet you after the 49er game.
2: Please sign Faneca and bring in Justin Smith to put pressure on the quarterback.
3:WHAT AND THE HELL WAS GOING THROUGH YOUR FREAKIN HEAD WHEN YOU DECIDED TO GO FOR 2 AT THE 12YD LINE!!!!:nono::nono::banging:

K Train
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
please sign faneca? so our oline could continue to suck? give me a break, and justin smith wouldnt be brought in to get pressue, hed be brought in for run support and clogging lanes opening things up for the linebackers, justin smith isnt a pass rusher

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Somehow Im thinking 3rd and 6 and the 2 point conv from the 12 would be the predominant questions for him..to which he would say some politically correct answer and we wouldn't get any satisfaction anyways..LOL.

If he was smart he'd respond with, "go see Bruce about that" :D

manofsteel
02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Id ask him how in the hell did you let Bruce Ariens in to talking you into a throw first team. I would agree with hem that I like the idea of letting Ben play, and then tell him that BA is a knucklehead. Woulda smacked him in the head and said, ( coulda had a V8 )

SteelerFan87
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
3 things:

1. You better shore up the O-line in the draft.

2. Throw more short slants to Holmes.

3. STOP GIVING WRS 5 YARD CUSHIONS ALL THE TIME!

K Train
02-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Id ask him how in the hell did you let Bruce Ariens in to talking you into a throw first team.

oh shut up, how are you gonna bitch about that? seriously? were not built to run run run, were built to run run run punt. and willie had an assload of carries for a throw first team...and yet he managed to not do much with them

Stlrs4Life
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
WTF brand of football were you playing the last half of the season??
Are you fully aware of the rich tradition of hard nosed football that has been played here.....especially the last 40yrs????.....you might want to grow a SET and go study the last two head coaches that were here and take a look at the 5 Lombardi's in the trophy case.

If you don't fire Bruce Arians sometime soon you can expect to be hunted down with torches and clubs just like Frankenstein by a huge mob of irate Steeler fans who will want to burn you at the stake.

BTW here's the latest version of Football for Dummies for when you have one of those urges to try a 2 point conversion from the 12yd line during a playoff game again.

Besides all of that....how are the wife and kids??

When it was my turn, I would ask him the same question again.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
The media on NFLN talked about that many times this year, how we aren't the hard nosed, power running team they are used to seeing. Well duh, no we're not; we are the the Colts offense right now and there's no reason to think we're going to be anything more or less than that anytime soon. We just have the perfect how we're going to play offense and get it down to a science and that takes time.

Stairwayto7
02-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I`d say " At least give Faneca a descent offer, so he doesn`t get embarrassed when he leaves, I do not want him to feel disrespected, he is owed that" also since we still have 50 minutes left " Do not get conservative, you didn`t start out the first half of the season that way, but you did in the end, No more 3rd and 12 so lets run a draw up the middle, and screw the prevent D"
" I want the players on thier way to Heinz Field, to drive through the tailgates once in awhile" I know it sounds laim, " But let them see what else thier playing for" Its so much more than a paycheck, or a team, or a ring, its us, its the city" I know I get all hyped up when I go through the parking lots"
And I want Field Turf, I cannot beleive I just said it!

And Mike since your taking all this free advice, how about some tickets dude.

Silverback 92
02-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Id say Good Job Coach and Good Luck with your Long Ride as the Steelers H.C.....

Iron City South
02-16-2008, 12:34 PM
If I had 1 hr. with Tomline I'd ask him:

- Ask him his thoughts on Spy-gate
- Let him know that if he wants a fast team, get turf . . .
- Get this thoughts on the current state of the team and the daft.
- Discuss going to a 4-3 / Tampa 2 base
- Convince him that if Troy doesn't want to beef up and see medical attention that he has trade value on the market
- Convince him that Keisel was better as a situational pass rusher and ST's player
- Remind him that Fat Casey is no longer the force he once was
- Ask him what he likes about Pittsburgh thus far

That about covers it . . . oh, yeah .... I might ask him for tickets for a few games. :tt02:

edited out the political stuff...... TG

MDSteel15
02-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Mike,
1. Fire Bruce Arians
2. Fire Leshitty Special teams coach
3. Thanks for keeping grass
4. Fire Bruce Arians
5. Grow some balls when in the red zone
6. Draft better in later rounds
7. Get some depth in here thru Free Agents
8. Lets see what we can do about keeping Big Red, at least make a respectable offer
9. Fire Bruce Arians

BlitzburghNation
02-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Basically agree with TG's Questions,,,,,,,, :popcorn:
But the 1st thing i'd ask for,,,,,,:scratch:
How about suring up our Special Teams and without a doubt ,fix our o-line :pray: Like clevestinks said,make faneca a legit offer !

Also find us a short yardage back "to be our closer" Like the bus was !
would also ask,why didn't you go for the win on that 3rd down against the jag's,,,,,,,,, :scratch:
Then I would congradulate him on a good season & wish him luck in the upcoming season's ahead,,,,,,, :towelwave:

Stairwayto7
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
When it was my turn, I would ask him the same question again.

aND AGAIN

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd tell him he's HOT...........:drool:

oh yea then tell him he had a great rookie season!!

floodcitygirl
02-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I'd tell him he's HOT...........:drool:
Made me laugh! :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Made me laugh! :lol:

:lol: Sweet...well he is hot...:greengrin:

floodcitygirl
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
:lol: Sweet...well he is hot...:greengrin:Oh I totally agree but really....is that what you'd say to him?? lol

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Mike,
1. Fire Bruce Arians
2. Fire Leshiatty Special teams coach
3. Thanks for keeping grass
4. Fire Bruce Arians
5. Grow some balls when in the red zone
6. Draft better in later rounds
7. Get some depth in here thru Free Agents
8. Lets see what we can do about keeping Big Red, at least make a respectable offer
9. Fire Bruce Arians

We heard you the first time you said Fire Arians. :lol: But I pretty much like what I'm seeing from what you have said.

Stairwayto7
02-24-2008, 08:24 AM
We are going to need more than 60 minutes

TampaSteelGirl
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh I totally agree but really....is that what you'd say to him?? lol

Yea pretty much!! LOL!! :yellowthumb: