PDA

View Full Version : AZ_Steeler Power Rankings: Week 4

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 02:23 AM
I shuffled things up this week so you all will proabbly be :sctach: I now look into who each team plays and their overall records. So some teams may have dropped or gained when they shouldn't have but their schedules were probably hard thus far or has been a tune-up for their tough games. For example, the Giants are 1-2 but have played Indy, Seattle, and Philadelphia... that's tough schedule so far. Now the Ravens who are 3-0, have beat TB, Oak and the Browns... looks like a soft schedule in my book! With that, here are my Power Rankings for week 3 and as always, I'm open for criticism ;)

Rank (LW)|Team|Comments
1 (2)|Colts (3-0)|Struggled against a tough Jacksonville team but got the win.
2 (5)|Bears (3-0)|Winning ugly is their game! Grossman isn't doing too shabby.
3 (4)|Seahawks (3-0)|Impressive win, but things could get ugly with Alexanders' injury.
4 (11)|Saints (3-0)|This is probably higher than they should be, but they did beat a tough Atlanta team.
5 (1)|Jaguars (2-1)|Looked good the first half but forgot there was still 30 minutes to play!
6 (6)|Bengals (3-0)|Was given their latest win on a silver platter.
7 (9)|Vikings (2-1)|Continue to look impressive even though they lost.
8 (3)|Falcons (2-1)|Looked horrible against a pumped up Saints team!
9 (8)|Patriots (2-1)|Brady can't beat the Broncos. He has a career win percentage of .167 against them.
10 (7)|Chargers (2-0)|Dropped because the 2 teams they played have a combined 0-5 record.
11 (12)|Eagles (2-1)|We'll see where Philly is once they start playing division opponents.
12 (10)|Ravens (3-0)|Squeaked out a win in Cleveland, and still haven't played anyone worth :2cents:
13 (16)|Broncos (2-1)|The Broncos finally looked the Broncos from last year!
14 (13)|Steelers (1-2)|Offense and Punt Return continues to struggle.
15 (18)|Jets (2-1)|Pennington is back and has the Jets in contention early in the season.
16 (14)|Giants (1-2)|Have played a tough schedule thus far, but were man handled by the Seahawks.
17 (17)|Cowboys (1-1)|Had a bye this week.
18 (19)|Bills (1-2)|Have been in some close games and could easily be 3-0.
19 (20)|Rams (2-1)|The Rams are sending 'Thank You' cards to Warner right about now.
20 (21)|Panthers (1-2)|Finally! It wasn't pretty but a win is a win!
21 (22)|Chiefs (0-2)|Had bye this week.
22 (24)|Redskins (1-2)|Took advantage of pathetic Texans team.
23 (15)|Cardinals (1-2)|Maybe Leinart will be the answer for the Cardinals?
24 (23)|49ers (1-2)|Wild roller coaster ride so far, not really wild but you get the picture.
25 (25)|Dolphins (1-2)|Struggled against a sorry Titans team, maybe they are rebuilding?
26 (28)|Packers (1-2)|Favre reached the 400 TD milestone, only the second player in history!
27 (26)|Lions (0-3)|Seem to be playing to their opponents, just never better than their opponents.
28 (30)|Texans (0-3)|Seems to be everyones ***** this year!
29 (27)|Buccaneers (0-3)|Things keep getting worse, maybe the Toledo boy can turn things around.
30 (29)|Browns (0-3)|Almost pulled out a W. The Browns are right there lurking around the corner.
31 (31)|Titans (0-3)|QB woes continue... Can Young save a storied franchise season?
32 (32)|Raiders (0-2)|Luckily they had a bye week!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2006, 02:28 AM
That's a pretty good assessment AZ, I'd say I agree with it overall except just tweak it to probably switch the Falcons and Vikings. I'd also probably switch the Ratbirds and Broncos, but that's just my opinion.

Nice job dude :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 02:37 AM
I actually struggled with the Vikings and Falcons but when it came down to it the Vikings had played the tougher schedule.

The Ravens are screwing everything up right now! Their record is very misleading and tehy haven't showed anything yet excpet they can beat up on teams rebuilding! I didn't want to disrepsect them to much though, plus the Broncos haven't showed much until this past week. Their defense has been carrying them on their shoulders so far this season.

Steelersfan
09-26-2006, 02:47 AM
The rankings look pretty good as far as this year has gone AZ. I like how you take the strength of schedule into account more than some other PR's. I could see where I might change a couple here or there but nothing more than 1-2 spots. That is the sign of a good ranking!

House of Steel
09-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Toledo boy, :hilarious: You just had to insert that in there didn't you? You got it in for Toledo. Holy Toledo!

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I put that in there for you HoS! Plus at least I now know you took to the time to read my comments, so Thank you!

House of Steel
09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey, I like your ratings. You're doing a good job as always.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
You're rankings are better than alot Ive seen from the so called "experts" !

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it! I put a lot of time into it this week taking everyones ideas from the past couple of weeks and working them into the "equation"

equation = piece of paper and pen and a lot of notes :bigthumb:

Thanks again everyone! I'm still open for criticsim though ;)

Hawk Believer
09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Seahawks are still a tough on to place IMO. The Giants were awful against them, totally unprepared or unable to deal with the 4 reciever sets Seattle has started using. And they dropped a lot of passes once Eli lost his deer in the headlights look. So hopefully next week against the Bears will provide a good measure. I think they may lose a game or two while SA is out, but they could very well end up being a stronger team for it because it will really give them a chance to focus on their WR play. Then we will get Jeramy Steven and SA back as weapons and be more well rounded.

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 09:37 PM
That's because your heart lies with the Hawks, it's how mine is with the Steelers. You don't want to get to comfortable and trust them just yet.

When you look at who the Giants have played before the Seahawks (Indy (3-0), Philly (2-1)) they've played some tough teams and was very close to coming in at 2-0. What the Hawks did against the Giants was impressive, I actually thought about #2 but then I remembered their games against the Lions and the Cards... They definitely sent a message this past weekend though!

BBC
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I like most of the rankings, can't argue with many of them. I do agree with you that you put the Saints too high. I think the Bengals are better than 6th, and could probably swap places with New Orleans. I'm still waiting to see the Falcons play a real offense (sorry, the Panthers without Steve Smith does not count), and until then, I'm not ready to call them 'tough'.

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 10:09 PM
The bengals were knocked only because they have played 1 legitimate team... the Steelers. Their other 2 opponents have a combined record of 0-5, so I knocked them a litte :)

BBC
09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
The bengals were knocked only because they have played 1 legitimate team... the Steelers. Their other 2 opponents have a combined record of 0-5, so I knocked them a litte :)

I can see that. My only defense would be that beyond the Falcons, the Saints have played teams with a combined record of 1-5.

Either way, good rankings, the Saints at four was just something that caught my eye.

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
You're right about the Saints... They were the feel good story of the weekend so they got extra credit for the week :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll be interested to see how far the saints can carry this emotion.