OT, Max Starks UFA 4 6-7/337 Florida Pittsburgh
S, Deke Cooper UFA 5 6-2/210 Notre Dame Carolina
WR, Reche Caldwell UFA 6 6-0/210 Florida Washington
FB, Tony Richardson UFA 13 6-1/238 Auburn Minnesota
DT, Ted Washington UFA 17 6-5/365 Louisville Cleveland
WR, Jabar Gaffney UFA 6 6-1/192 Florida New England
WR, Robert Ferguson UFA 7 6-0/210 Texas A&M Minnesota
WR, Eric Moulds UFA 12 6-2/225 Mississippi State Tennessee

Here are the top 100 free agents available.

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Not that we'd go after him but LJ Smith got franchised. I would love to see us go after Allen, wishful thinking I know.

BlackGold4vr
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
My wish list! :lol:

DE, Jared Allen UFA 4 6-6/265 Idaho State Kansas City
RB, Marion Barber III RFA 3 6-0/220 Minnesota Dallas
WR, Andre Davis UFA 6 6-1/195 Virginia Tech Houston

Here are a few free agents who would be some bad *** additions to our team. Could you imagine Jared Allen playing opposite Aaron Smith. Kiesel could move back into a back-up DE role and special team wedgebuster. Jared Allen is a BAD ***!

Andre Davis would be a step up from Cedric or Nate.

Marion Barber is a tough runner who breaks tackles and runs great between the tackles.

I didn't see any O-lineman who would be better than what we are already losing. Why go overpay for someone elses talent when you won't pay for your own?

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
My wish list! :lol:

DE, Jared Allen UFA 4 6-6/265 Idaho State Kansas City
RB, Marion Barber III RFA 3 6-0/220 Minnesota Dallas
WR, Andre Davis UFA 6 6-1/195 Virginia Tech Houston

Here are a few free agents who would be some bad *** additions to our team. Could you imagine Jared Allen playing opposite Aaron Smith. Kiesel could move back into a back-up DE role and special team wedgebuster. Jared Allen is a BAD ***!
Andre Davis would be a step up from Cedric or Nate.
Marion Barber is a tough runner who breaks tackles and runs great between the tackles.
Yeah having Allen and Smith as book ends would **** people up!!! Keisel is better as a fill in and definitely a play maker on special teams.

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know if Barber won't be signed by Dallas, thats why I'm not commenting a lot about the draft yet. I'm waiting for FA to be over with and see what we do with Faneca.

BlackGold4vr
02-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I could also settle for Michael Turner backing up Willie. :yellowthumb:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I don't know if Barber won't be signed by Dallas, thats why I'm not commenting a lot about the draft yet. I'm waiting for FA to be over with and see what we do with Faneca.

Dallas has been rumored to be working a deal with Miami for the #1 pick in the draft. The deal would involve Marion Barber supposedly and Jerry Jones is hot for Darren McFadden the stud RB from Arkansas, his alma matter.

I don't imagine the Steelers would sign any high profile free agents anyway. I was just dreaming aloud. :hilarious:

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't imagine the Steelers would sign any high profile free agents anyway. I was just dreaming aloud. :hilarious:
Yeah getting Allen is way beyond dreaming but damn if we could go after him that would be sweet!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Allen a 3-4 DE?....I don't think so guys....He is a badass.....But he isn't a 3-4 DE.....Does he have the speed to play OLB in a 3-4....Thats what his size would dictate for a 3-4....

Keisel is considered lite for a 3-4 DE and Allen weighs less then him....

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Allen a 3-4 DE?....I don't think so guys....He is a badass.....But he isn't a 3-4 DE.....Does he have the speed to play OLB in a 3-4....Thats what his size would dictate for a 3-4....

Yeah we know that, just thinking out loud, whether he fits our 3-4 or not. :greengrin:

K Train
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
micheal turner wouldnt be backing anyone up

MDSteel15
02-09-2008, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=BlackGold4vr;182443]
Dallas has been rumored to be working a deal with Miami for the #1 pick in the draft. The deal would involve Marion Barber supposedly and Jerry Jones is hot for Darren McFadden the stud RB from Arkansas, his alma matter. QUOTE]

That should tell you Barber is a turd.... They thought he was the man in Little D and he isn't. He was just the guy with fresh legs in the 4th quarter. Don't want him and never liked him. :nono:

JoeThomas
02-09-2008, 01:04 PM
turner will start somewhere. i hope the browns get trufant. player right there.

K Train
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=BlackGold4vr;182443]
Dallas has been rumored to be working a deal with Miami for the #1 pick in the draft. The deal would involve Marion Barber supposedly and Jerry Jones is hot for Darren McFadden the stud RB from Arkansas, his alma matter. QUOTE]

That should tell you Barber is a turd.... They thought he was the man in Little D and he isn't. He was just the guy with fresh legs in the 4th quarter. Don't want him and never liked him. :nono:

the barbarian is an animal...willie wishes he had that kind of talent, he just finds the endzone and runs to inflict pain...he is an awesome RB, all minnesota runners are lately....his talent has nothing to do with the fact that jerry jones would let d-mac blow a load in his *** every day of the year

Koopa
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, marion is a ****ing monster, we'd be blessed to have a running back with his passion......... even before barber had this monster line, he was a beast, the dude never goes down

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 12:13 AM
all minnesota runners are lately....

you wanna include Gary Russell in that statement?

Koopa
02-10-2008, 03:15 AM

that shouldn't count cause he was a retard and couldn't finish school, but if he had, he might have been one of those beast

BlackGold4vr
02-10-2008, 12:14 PM
that shouldn't count cause he was a retard and couldn't finish school, but if he had, he might have been one of those beast

:plus1:

Finishing school shouldn't really matter. Look at Emmett Smith, he certainly wasn't an english major. Every time he talks he butchers the english language and diminshes the value of a college education. I cringe listening to him talk. Magic Johnson is another one who is allowed to butcher the language on a regular basis. :lol:

"I be collige edumacated. Go hed, ax me a questin!"

K Train
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM

actually yes i would, not quite a maroney or a barber but hes definietly capable

USMCVET
02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm in 100% for upgrading from Keisel. He made our interior D-line weak.

Another thing that would put our D back on the top of the NFL would be to acquire a guy like DeAngelo Hall (who voiced that he wants out of Atlanta).
With a stud DE and Woodley and Harrison ------- that would put pressure on the QB and force him. Then the final ingredient that we are greatly missing is playmaking ability from our DB's. Put a ball hawk back there with good hands and we will instantly turn around our TA differential.

I know that Tomlin was not at all happy with the play of his corners. Tomlin wants guys that can take advantage of gift balls that hits both of their hands.

It's a shame that this coaching staffs doesn't have a playmaker at the CB position. Between the combined knowledge of Master LeBeau and Tomlin, this pass defense (with new-found QB pressure) could push the NFL record for team interceptions. Let's not forget Polamalu's ability to cause pressure and/or bait passes (he had an off year due to injury and Keisel/Haggens).

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know how good Ruben or Smiley is? Might be possible candidates to fill the void at Guard.

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 10:35 PM
actually yes i would, not quite a maroney or a barber but hes definietly capable

capable as what....back up? starter? RB who holds other RB's hand warmers? I'm not sold on Barber just b/c of the Hoss line he has.

I think RB is the MOST over-rated position in the NFL. If you are hoss, it doesn't matter, when you have a **** O-line.

I think Willie did as well as any RB would have done with our line this year.

K Train
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm in 100% for upgrading from Keisel. He made our interior D-line weak.

Another thing that would put our D back on the top of the NFL would be to acquire a guy like DeAngelo Hall (who voiced that he wants out of Atlanta).
With a stud DE and Woodley and Harrison ------- that would put pressure on the QB and force him. Then the final ingredient that we are greatly missing is playmaking ability from our DB's. Put a ball hawk back there with good hands and we will instantly turn around our TA differential.

I know that Tomlin was not at all happy with the play of his corners. Tomlin wants guys that can take advantage of gift balls that both of their hands.

It's a shame that this coaching staffs doesn't have a playmaker at the CB position. Between the combined knowledge of Master LeBeau and Tomlin, this pass defense (with new-found QB pressure) could push the NFL record for team interceptions. Let's not forget Palamalu's ability to cause pressure and/or bait passes (he had an off year due to injury and Keisel/Haggens).

I really like keisel, just not full time DE.

Ike is a beast, he cant catch, but thats not a huge deal, he is a good corner. Townsend is great in man coverage and i really like what he does for our secondary. Mcfadden is gonna take townsends job this year, i like what he brings to the table too, he fights for the ball.

Now heres my problem...blaming troys "off year" on haggans and keisel, thats ****ing bullshit, i blame our secondarys inconsistantcy on troys lack of everything. i love beating the troy horse, but injury is no excuse when you dont properly condition yourself to play professional football and your out of posistion 90% of the time. Our corners have to play off since they cant count on him to play safety. point is, troy doenst get pressure or bait passes and blaming it on keilsel and not troy is retarded.

And dangelo hall gets raped in coverage alot btw

K Train
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
capable as what....back up? starter? RB who holds other RB's hand warmers? I'm not sold on Barber just b/c of the Hoss line he has.

I think RB is the MOST over-rated position in the NFL. If you are hoss, it doesn't matter, when you have a shiat O-line.

I think Willie did as well as any RB would have done with our line this year.

hes got a beast oline...sure, but have you ever really watched him play? especially inside the 10...hes ****ing awesome and hes better after contact, the mans legs grind and he gets the ball into the endzone, and im talking back to last year when there line was a revolving door

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 10:47 PM
hes got a beast oline...sure, but have you ever really watched him play? especially inside the 10...hes ****ing awesome and hes better after contact, the mans legs grind and he gets the ball into the endzone, and im talking back to last year when there line was a revolving door

Yeha I have to watch the ****er play every thanksgiving...lol. I think he is pretty decent, and he runs hard, but he has never really been an every down guy. He has always been Julius Jones (who I think sucks) back-up. I'd take Barber as a back-up, but if he goes to Miami, it will ruin him.

K Train
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeha I have to watch the ****er play every thanksgiving...lol. I think he is pretty decent, and he runs hard, but he has never really been an every down guy. He has always been Julius Jones (who I think sucks) back-up. I'd take Barber as a back-up, but if he goes to Miami, it will ruin him.

why? miami has a good line too and ronnie brown was having a career year in terms of stats before he got hurt. miamis line doesnt get any credit but it was a very much improved line last year, there problem was tedd ginn could only follow blocks made from his QB and when that happened their 26 year old rookie couldnt do **** cause hes a bitch and the star RB got hurt

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
why? miami has a good line too and ronnie brown was having a career year in terms of stats before he got hurt. miamis line doesnt get any credit but it was a very much improved line last year, there problem was tedd ginn could only follow blocks made from his QB and when that happened their 26 year old rookie couldnt do shiat cause hes a bitch and the star RB got hurt

Having a career year when your previous "career year" was 1008 yards and 5 TD's isn't really tough.

I'm not quite following how Ted Gin only being able to follow blocks from his QB was a problem. He ran the ball 4 times all year. I probably sound like an idiot, but I really have no clue what you're talking about.

K Train
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Having a career year when your previous "career year" was 1008 yards and 5 TD's isn't really tough.

I'm not quite following how Ted Gin only being able to follow blocks from his QB was a problem. He ran the ball 4 times all year. I probably sound like an idiot, but I really have no clue what you're talking about.

when i say career year i mean that he tore it up week after week and was ****ing me up in my fantasy league lol.

and the ginn comment was a joke about when trent green through a block on the texan lineman and got ****ed up lol

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
when i say career year i mean that he tore it up week after week and was ****ing me up in my fantasy league lol.

and the ginn comment was a joke about when trent green through a block on the texan lineman and got ****ed up lol

oh...well why didnt you say so....lol...what was Browns injury? I seriously forget.

and lets all watch and say....nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxloYLBV0Q

K Train
02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
he ****ed up his knee, tore his acl pretty bad

TEEMONT
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
he ****ed up his knee, tore his acl pretty bad

please tell me it was on turf...lol.

K Train
02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
no it was at miami vs the pats lol

steelcityrockers
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Allen's game is his quickness and strength. Not elite pure speed though.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

:plus1:

Finishing school shouldn't really matter. Look at Emmett Smith, he certainly wasn't an english major. Every time he talks he butchers the english language and diminshes the value of a college education. I cringe listening to him talk. Magic Johnson is another one who is allowed to butcher the language on a regular basis. :lol:

"I be collige edumacated. Go hed, ax me a questin!"

Please tell me that was a joke.

You forgot George Bush as one who murders the English language.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Moulds wouldn't be a bad aquisition. He's been around for awhile and would give us 4 legit threats at WR and help as a stop gap till we can draft and bring up a decent prospect. I'd bet we could get him at a decent price too.

steelcityrockers
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind Eric Moulds as a 4th WR instead of Ced.

K Train
02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
moulds is old and dying....give me jerry porter or javon walker

TEEMONT
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
moulds is old and dying....give me jerry porter or javon walker

****, Javon Walker would be at least a 3rd...if not a number 2 behind Santonio.

K Train
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
hes gonna be cut by denver this month, and depending how his knee is holding up....**** it, then everyone would stop bitching cause hes like 6-3...the man is at the point in his carreer where he wants to win. hes not gonna be traded cause no one will trade for him with his bum knee, but its been reported he wont be back in denver

steelcityrockers
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I was thinking Moulds because he would not complain if he got little playing time.

K Train
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
we are pass happy, theres plenty to go around

manofsteel
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Come on Marion Barber!!!!!!!!! Wishful thinking. Willie is good wth speed, and I know his O -line sucked arse but hes too small and cant pick up the blitz

Brady Quinn
02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Michael Turner will be a starter somewhere next year. I wish you good luck on Faneca!

K Train
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
faneca needs to leave asap im sick of hearing about it

steelcitysfinestXL
02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I dunno K, at fisrt i thought that but if we can land him (and end this shiat) it would allow us to take the best available player in the 2nd and a C in the 3rd or 4th... after that we could go for depth at DL... that would be alot better than spending 3 out of the first 4 picks on oline!!