PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks' Alexander out indefinitely

Koopa
09-25-2006, 07:17 PM
thank god ben didn't get on the cover, he's cursed enough as it is

The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

Holmgren said he isn't sure how long Alexander will be out but it's possible he could miss a month. Holmgren said Alexander's injury is a non-displaced fracture of the foot.

"You lose the MVP for a while, it's a hit," Holmgren said. "Let's face it, he's the MVP. We're not going to sugarcoat it."

Maurice Morris will be the starter in Alexander's absence. The Seahawks have a bye week following Sunday's game against the Bears in a matchup of 3-0 teams.

Alexander rushed for 47 yards and a touchdown in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2006, 07:38 PM
And the curse lives on!!!!

I'm sorry but people can say all they want but when players start getting injured after being on the cover of Madden... something is up!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
That's a blow to the hawks offense. They've vastly improved their passing game with Burleson and Branch but missing Alexander will allow teams to be able to able to concentrate on the pass rush more without worrying about the run so much.

Captcoolhand
09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
And the curse lives on!!!!

I'm sorry but people can say all they want but when players start getting injured after being on the cover of Madden... something is up!
LOL. I didn't even think about that. You got a good point, to bad I have Him on one of my fantasy teams:banging:

Oh! is this why Cowher is being so stupid is Because He's on the cover of Headcoach:scratch:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2006, 07:53 PM
LOL. I didn't even think about that. You got a good point, to bad I have Him on one of my fantasy teams:banging:

Oh! is this why Cowher is being so stupid is Because He's on the cover of Headcoach:scratch:

You bring up a good point Capt... maybe there is going to be some sort of connection with coaches being on that cover... it is an EA game!!! :dunno:

This is definitely going to be a huge blow for the Seahawks... I don't even know who their backup is? Do they even have one? :dunno: ;)

PITT23
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm sure Mack Strong will get more carries but I dont know who their official #2 is.

Captcoolhand
09-25-2006, 08:06 PM
You bring up a good point Capt... maybe there is going to be some sort of connection with coaches being on that cover... it is an EA game!!! :dunno:

This is definitely going to be a huge blow for the Seahawks... I don't even know who their backup is? Do they even have one? :dunno: ;)
Maurice Morris, Whom I know nothing about

House of Steel
09-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh there goes my fantasy running back. DAMN!!! You think I got it bad as it is being 0-3 in some league now I got to deal with this. I hate that stupid good for nothing Madden curse.

Blitzburgh55
09-25-2006, 09:27 PM
They dont if he will be back

CAN you say
MADDEN CURSE

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Redirecting here... :lol:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204

Blitzburgh55
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
MADDEN CURSE

Hawk Believer
09-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Maurice Morris, Whom I know nothing about

He has been really solid in the few carries he has gotten this year. Everyone says he would probably be a starter if he wasn't in SA's shadow. Now we'll see...

suitanim
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
My question is this: Will Holmgren blame the refs?

House of Steel
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM

:hilarious:

G89Newitt13
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
haha yeah he'll prolly try to blame the refs....but all i got to say is...

MADDEN CURSE STRIKES AGAIN....PLEASE EA....KEEP THE STEELERS OFF THE COVER!!!

BBG7
09-27-2006, 11:10 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That sucks though because I have him on fantasy and I have a l ot of guys going down right now. Oh well...