PDA

View Full Version : Big Casey headed to the pro bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08035/854689-66.stm

Casey Hampton headed to Pro Bowl
Monday, February 04, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Casey Hampton was added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster today, the fourth Steelers player in Sunday's game against the NFC in Honolulu.

Hampton replaced San Diego Chargers defensive tackle Jamal Williams, who withdrew because of an injury. It will be Hampton's fourth trip to the Pro Bowl and his third straight.

Other Steelers in the game are guard Alan Faneca and linebacker James Harrison, both starters, and backup quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Steelers Willie Parker and Troy Polamalu withdrew earlier from the game because of injuries.

NOVA STEELERS
02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Not to bad, sending 6 STEELERS to the PB, minus FWP & Troy P due to inuries. But just to have them announced is a Proud day to be a STEELERS fan knowing that they are recognized for the Outstanding PLAYERS that they are. :cope: :bigthumb:

LatrobePA
02-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Rock out wit your big *** out Casey!! Roll them up!

JoeThomas
02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
enjoy it. you will have half that next year!

PsychoWard
02-05-2008, 10:10 AM

This is what I hate about browns fans, they have one good season and all of a sudden they have the right to talk ****?? i don't get it, just shows how much class they have!!!:rolleyes:

steelersgal86
02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
This is what I hate about browns fans, they have one good season and all of a sudden they have the right to talk shiat?? i don't get it, just shows how much class they have!!!

No, how much class they dont have :yesnod:

JoeThomas
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
you have to realize that we havent had much to cheer about till this year. from 95-07 we didnt even have a team and made 1 playoff game. i dont doubt our recent weak history. so ill take it when i can. but you cant deny that pitt is no lock to win the division next year. we were the end of game and loss to you from us winning the division and you guys not making the playoffs. i think thats pretty close.

PsychoWard
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
No, how much class they dont have :yesnod:

i think everyone can tell i was be sarcastic. But just in case i will change it.

JoeThomas
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
haha and i cant wait till cowher is our coach and you have to look at him twice a year in the brown and orange. coaching all those pro bowlers, haha

PsychoWard
02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
haha and i cant wait till cowher is our coach and you have to look at him twice a year in the brown and orange. coaching all those pro bowlers, haha

i thought you were a browns fan, cause if you were you would know that you fat *** coach just got an extension.

JoeThomas
02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
oh i know he did. but that didnt stop them from canning butch davis and paying him.

PsychoWard
02-05-2008, 10:18 AM
oh i know he did. but that didnt stop them from canning butch davis and paying him.

hey just because i am off today doesn't mean you can't get some work done now get back to work.

JoeThomas
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
haha your off today? im in at 12. so im in for the long haul haha. im filling out my survey right now. im going to tell them bad things about the finance manager!

steelersgal86
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
haha your off today? im in at 12. so im in for the long haul haha. im filling out my survey right now. im going to tell them bad things about the finance manager!

I can tell you a few more bad things about your manager!!!!

Captcoolhand
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
haha your off today? im in at 12. so im in for the long haul haha. im filling out my survey right now. im going to tell them bad things about the finance manager!Ya anyone that chooses to lease a car when the Company is paying for it is pretty F*cked up........:lol:

My bad,don't let me partake in the thread Hi-jacking here :nono:

LatrobePA
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
i thought you were a browns fan, cause if you were you would know that you fat *** coach just got an extension.

LMAO, I just pissed myself, that was great!! You **** colored brown fans are all retarded dildo's. Get a clue, 1 decent year, still no PO's but an OK year and you think you can talk. :helmet:

Go to your own **** brown forums and run your stupid little mouth!!:tt02:

Captcoolhand
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
LMAO, I just pissed myself, that was great!! You shiat colored brown fans are all retarded dildo's. Get a clue, 1 decent year, still no PO's but an OK year and you think you can talk. :helmet:

Go to your own shiat brown forums and run your stupid little mouth!!:tt02:They still havn't figured out that Romeo is not a Head coach...A title doesn't make you a head coach, the players made him look like he knew what he was doing but I'm sure he won't be around to get that extension.

AZ_Steeler
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Congrats to Casey but it's really kind of a moot point considering he is being added becasue someone in front of dropped out :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
When they choose other players at the last minute in this manner they go by who had the next highest vote count so Casey was pretty far up there to be moved in. Congrats to the big guy go out and kick some NFC ***.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2008, 12:01 AM

What ever, we heared the same BS frim Bengal fans the past 2 seasons. Go look into the mirror, same results for the Clowns next season. Half that amount? Guarantee 1 thing, if we have half that, you know we will have more than the Browns.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
That's one thing the Browns won't be used to now is actually having a schedule that is somewhat tough?? No more going through the season with a 4th place panzy *** schedule then getting all excited when you win a few games.

It's time to put up or shut up Clowns !

JoeThomas
02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
enjoy your toughest schedule in the league next year. i could honestly care less who we play, as long as we make the playoffs. dont be upset that were probobly the better team in the division now.

steelersgal86
02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
enjoy your toughest schedule in the league next year. i could honestly care less who we play, as long as we make the playoffs. dont be upset that were probobly the better team in the division now.

:clueless: wow, YOUR FIRED!!!!

Captcoolhand
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM

:duh:Oh Brother!

floodcitygirl
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
enjoy your toughest schedule in the league next year. i could honestly care less who we play, as long as we make the playoffs. dont be upset that were probobly the better team in the division now.Huh???? :scratch:

PsychoWard
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
see what i have to put up with all day!!!!!

steelcityrockers
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
The Brown's offense is fine as long as Anderson does not have a relapse. Their defense is pitiful though and that is why they will not be so hot this year. If they make the playoffs, I do not think that they could go very far at all due to the D.

JoeThomas
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
The Brown's offense is fine as long as Anderson does not have a relapse. Their defense is pitiful though and that is why they will not be so hot this year. If they make the playoffs, I do not think that they could go very far at all due to the D.

finally a steeler fan i can make some sense with. i agree. our defense kinda blew last year. was young and had a old, terrible d-line. it should get better. as long as they sign a couple lineman and a pass rusher.

im all for competitive browns/steeler games. makes it alot more fun.

portcityblackandgold
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Congrats to Hamp

steelcityrockers
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
finally a steeler fan i can make some sense with. i agree. our defense kinda blew last year. was young and had a old, terrible d-line. it should get better. as long as they sign a couple lineman and a pass rusher.

im all for competitive browns/steeler games. makes it alot more fun.

Agreed. Blowing you out every game gets a little old-of course I am joking. It never gets old. Anyway, your Offense is pretty much set in place, except for maybe Seth McKinney's position. He still kind of sucks. Tight End is great barring Winslow can stay healthy. WR could definitely be stronger. Joe Jureviscious (spelled wrong I am sure) is old and not much of a threat deep. Depth is lacking, since Travis Wilson has not been able to grasp the offense and Josh Cribbs is not much of a WR. Oh and Tim Carter just is blatantly horrific. On defense, the line is old and pretty bad. Ted Washington needs to retire. Everyone else is probably better suited to being a backup. D'Qwell Jackson, Kamerion Wimbley, and Leon something (ILB cannot remember his name) are all good, Everyone else pretty much sucks. Safeties are ok. They would hold up but are not superstars. Sean Jones is pretty good but Brodney Pool is below average. At corner Leigh Bodden improved towards the end of the year (like only getting burned twice a game) and Eric Wright may be somebody. ST are terrific. Dawson isn't bad, Punter is ok I guess, and RS is amazing.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2008, 09:50 PM

Pfffffffffffft. Psycho, I have to put up with about 30 of these a day. Seems like I get dumber everyday after talking to them. I don't hate the Browns as a team, it's there fans that are the worst.

steelersgal86
02-07-2008, 06:36 AM

yeah...but remember they have to put up with you also...and I know that is not easy :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2008, 07:09 AM
The Clowns are still a couple years away from being serious contenders mainly because they need help on defense in a big way and still have to decide what to do with Anderson and how much they want to pay him. Playing a 4th place schedule and coming close to the playoffs is one thing, now do it with a 2nd place schedule and see how well you fair. :yesnod:

JoeThomas
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
The Clowns are still a couple years away from being serious contenders mainly because they need help on defense in a big way and still have to decide what to do with Anderson and how much they want to pay him. Playing a 4th place schedule and coming close to the playoffs is one thing, now do it with a 2nd place schedule and see how well you fair. :yesnod:

i guess we will see next year. we have the 6th rated schedule in football. sucks for pitt that the have the 1st. :yellowthumb:

PsychoWard
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Pfffffffffffft. Psycho, I have to put up with about 30 of these a day. Seems like I get dumber everyday after talking to them. I don't hate the Browns as a team, it's there fans that are the worst.

i hear ya on that one man!!!! I think they have got to be the most up and down fans in the leauge!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

yeah...but remember they have to put up with you also...and I know that is not easy :greengrin:

hey jackass who side are you on??? U a closet clowns fan?????

steelersgal86
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
hey jackass who side are you on??? U a closet clowns fan?????

NO...I just meant in general they have to put up with you...

PsychoWard
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
NO...I just meant in general they have to put up with you...

you're damn right they have to put with me, and if they don't want to they can get out!!!:D

DIESELMAN
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
dont be upset that were probobly the better team in the division now.
LMFAO!!! Where do you get that from? If that were the case the Brownies would've won the division, not got blown out by us and not choked at the end of the season to miss the playoffs. One good year out of how many? Sounds like a Bunghole clone team to me.