PDA

View Full Version : Which run was more impressive the Giants this year or the 05 Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Now that the Giants have done exactly what the Steelers have done 2 years ago going on the road for 3 games and winning the Super Bowl and not only that but possibly beating the so-called greatest team in NFL history in the 18-0 Pats does it officially surpass what the Steelers did in 2005?? Keep in mind the Steelers had to win 8 in a row in their run just to make the playoffs and actually did finish with a better record of 15-5 to the Giants 14-6. You can also argue that beating the Colts in the dome that year a team similiar to this years Pats team unbeaten in 13-14 games was just as impressive as the Giants win over the Pats. The bottom line is both runs are very impressive and Ill admit its something I thought I would never see again after the Steelers did it in 2005. However, It doesnt really bother me too much in the end because they did it to the team that I much like fans around the world despise in the Patriots. Hats off to the New York Giants and sitting right there next to the Steelers in making NFL History winning 3 on the road and then the Super Bowl.

manofsteel
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Steelers were a six seed so in stats we were the only six seed to win a superbowl.Thats greatness. I give the giants much love for what they did. Your right they did do what the Steelers did beating 1 and 2 seeds on the road. I will say that the Super Bowl was much more impressive. However the Steelers winning th Super Bowl was so much more monumental for the city.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I think they are both equally impressive. Anytime you go in as a wildcard and have to play on the road every week and then you get to the Super Bowl and win it? That is something special. The Giants are now in that elite group of teams that have done it; the Steelers, Raiders, and Giants. ( I thought there was another AFC team that did it before but I could be wrong :scratch:

I would give the edge to the Steelers for being the 6th seed and having to go on the road the following week to play the #1 seed in the Colts and then the Broncos but no matter what the Giants did what we did and proved that if you get hot at the right time and are pretty healthy anything can happen.

K Train
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM
giants by far...anything else is being a homer....the beat the undefeated ****ing patriots....god gift to the sport, they were 14.5 point underdogs,, won a record 11 road games...i was a believer...but no one gave them a chance and the seeding doesnt matter...5 or 6 they still beat 3 teams on the road...our win will always be questioned because of officiating and bens poor play....the giants will always be remembered as the team that beat the nfc favorite cowboys, packers and the worlds favorite team in the 18-0 patriots....it was a thing of beauty

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I think they are both equally impressive. Anytime you go in as a wildcard and have to play on the road every week and then you get to the Super Bowl and win it? That is something special. The Giants are now in that elite group of teams that have done it; the Steelers, Raiders, and Giants. ( I thought there was another AFC team that did it before but I could be wrong :scratch:

I would give the edge to the Steelers for being the 6th seed and having to go on the road the following week to play the #1 seed in the Colts and then the Broncos but no matter what the Giants did what we did and proved that if you get hot at the right time and are pretty healthy anything can happen.

Well the Broncos, Ratbirds and the Colts were the other 3 wildcard teams to win the Super Bowl aside from the Steelers,Giants,and Raiders. However, those teams didnt play all 3 games on the road to win the Super Bowl like the Steelers and Giants did. The Raiders did too but that was before the playoff format switched from 5 to 6 teams so the Raiders only had to win 2 games on the road as opposed to 3. So you are right the Steelers will go down as the only 6 seed to ever win the Super Bowl and knocking off the last 8 games in a row including regular season just to make the playoffs and have a chance to win the Super Bowl. The Giants won 4 in a row but all in the playoffs but they did knock off the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC and the unbeaten Pats. I think in the end what both the Steelers and Giants did is pretty parallel and equal in a lot of the same and different ways.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
The one thing that the Giants did that nobody else has done is beat a previously unbeaten team in the Super bowl. the Pats had all the pressure in the world to win this championship because they knew going undefeated in the regular season means nothing if you don't win it all. Conversely the Giants were there and having fun, nobody expected them to win but they knew they could do it. They played with wreckless abandon and looked like they were just having a lot of fun out there.

Hats off to the Giants for a great run.

TEEMONT
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I have to say the Giants. I'm pretty sure the Steelers were favorites in both the AFC Championship game, and the SB, not so much for the G-men.

It's not too often I cheer like I did last night, and the Steelers aren't playing. I really wanted to see this team pull it off. Congrats to them for real.

swissvale72
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Steelers run was damn impressive....had NEVER been done before. Giants duplicated it, and thier run would have to get the nod as more impressive, based on....

Super Bowl being one of the greatest upsets in NFL history....

Giants were underdogs in all FOUR playoff games.

Steelers were favored against Cinci and Seattle. We were slight underdogs against Denver, but EVERYBODY knew we would win, once we got past Indy. Comes down to the Indy game being huge...upset for the ages. None of the other 3 victories were surprising whatsoever.

GoBenGo
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
giants is bigger...no one thought they'd win...game had already been defaulted to the pasties...o5 steelers, people thought would win,and the seahawks weren't undefeated...this whole year was supposed to be the pasties party, and eli & co closed that function...
78 steelers still the best team of all time.....BAR NONE.

Ambridge
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Gotta go with the G-men here and the reasoning that's already been pointed out is that they had to beat the "Un-beaten" Patriots and all the BS that went along with that and do it as double digit Dogs.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
The Giants were more impressive......I thought the Steelers run was great but the G-Men beat the undefeated Pats.....

LarryNJ
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
The Steelers for the trip to the Super Bowl, Cincy,Indy & Denver weremuch better teams than TB, Dallas, & Packers. +3 Steelers

The G men for the Super Bowl. The Pats are a much better team than the cryhawks. +3 Giants

I'd have to call it a tie.

Tie breaker, Pittsburgh or New York?
+6 Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh wins big in OT!
:)

buccaneers#1fan
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
i agree the giants were the most impressive team i have seen in the post season.

NOVA STEELERS
02-05-2008, 07:57 AM
STEELERS <<<<< EDGE......... NYG
@................................................. .@
Bungels..........................................T B

STEELERS <<<<< EDGE...........NYG
@................................................. ..@
Colts............................................. Cowgirls

STEELERS <<<<<< EDGE..........NYG
@................................................. ...@
Ponies............................................ Packers

Seachickens............EDGE>>>>>>> NYG
VS................................................ ... VS
STEELERS.........................................P atsies

:imho: The STEELERS Road to the SB was more difficult then the G-men, the only edge I give them is their SB Opponet the Patsies being they were undefeated. :2cents:

AZ_Steeler
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Hands down the Steelers run was more impressive. The Giants had this playoff spot wrapped up for the longest time where the Steelers had to go on a run and knock off playoff caliber teams just to clinch that 6th seed.

Then the Steelers proceeded to knock off the 1,2 and 3 seeds where the Giants did 1,2 and 4 :bigthumb:

Steelers win this battle no questions asked!

Prosdo
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I think the Steelers road to the Super Bowl was more impressive, but I think the Giants Super Bowl win was more impressive.

portcityblackandgold
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Nobody thought the Giants had a chance 14 and a half thats a slap in the face especially when they lost by three to that same team. We were suppose to beat the Seahags, I mean it was the Seahags. I gotsta go with the New York Football Giants. They humiliated the Goliath. Its so bad in Beantown they just arrested a Patriot for havin a half pound a weed in his car.

BlitzburghNation
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
The steelers run to and through the playoffs were more impressive,,,,,,,
But the giants win in the SUPERBOWL was more impressive,,,,,,,,,

Sooooooooo Glad them patzeez got there :moon: beat,,,,,Now I'll be able to
listen to my sirius nfl without hearing how great brady's bunch was :haha: