PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu being shopped around?

Iron City South
01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Word on the street is that the Steelers are looking to work a deal behind the scenes to deal Polamalu. Yes, you heard it right .... Troy P. could be trade bait in the coming months. :yesnod:

Apparently there is growing frustration within the coaching staff and the front office (considering the size of his new contract) with his obsession to live an organic lifestyle. Evidently the coaches had a discussion with him after the season about his health and conditioning and he remains steadfast in his refusal to:

1) take any pain medication to help him play when he's injured
2) refusing their request to get treatment for his knee.
3) refusing to condition himself in a conventional fashion with weights saying he no longer wishes to lift weights.

Add to all of that the growing believe that Anthony Smith would be a much better fit at SS rather than FS.

Stay tuned .... this could get interesting. :helmet:

DIESELMAN
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Got a link ICS?

Koopa
01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
i'm down, he's a bum, made zero impact this year......... i knew he was gay, just hearing him talk you know he's a fag, but the way he's living is even more gayer lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-31-2008, 12:29 AM
i'm down, he's a bum, made zero impact this year......... i knew he was gay, just hearing him talk you know he's a fag, but the way he's living is even more gayer lol

:lol:.....I was going to post something just like this about Troy and his life style....But many people get butt hurt when I rip Troy......So I didn't post it....lol I'm glad you did though and I agree some of his spiritual believes is strange....

Troy just reminds of Pedro Cerano from Major League II anymore.....If the Steelers could get a first round pick for Puss Boy Troy then I would be all for it...lol But I doubt they would get a first since Troy hasn't had a INT since October 2006...So we might as well and keep the bum.....Then pray he rebounds to the player he was in 2004 and 2005....

AZ_Steeler
01-31-2008, 03:08 AM
I do know he is into all that natural stuff and not lifting weights but I never dreamed it would come to this... I would like to see a link though.

swissvale72
01-31-2008, 06:16 AM
There's no link, AZ

...Likely made up bogus nonsense...par for the course.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 07:15 AM
I think he wrote this right after his Hines Ward rant :reddevil:

JoeThomas
01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
i wouldnt doubt it. problem is nfl contracts are so untradeable. a third of the teams cant afford him. way to overpay a safety.

swissvale72
01-31-2008, 10:08 AM
I think he wrote this right after his Hines Ward rant :reddevil:

Which likely followed the bullshit he posted on Stillers.com post-Cleveland about Najeh having gotten into a bar fight, hence his deactivation vs. Cinci.

Iron City South
01-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Inside scoop, take it for what it's worth .... I'm not saying it's fact, I'm just passing along some info I got from a friend who works for the organization.

You won't see a link because the outside media isn't in on this ..... yet. If the Steelers find a buyer, I'm sure you'll start to hear the scoop in some of the mainstream media outlets.

Which likely followed the bullshiat he posted on Stillers.com post-Cleveland about Najeh having gotten into a bar fight, hence his deactivation vs. Cinci.

Sorry, I don't post over there, but I did hear that Davenport got into a meyley which is why he was benched (forget which week it was)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
At this point I can't really see this team trying to get rid of a franchise safety because of 1 off season where he was injured a lot regardless of his approach to healing and treatment. If we get some hard evidence on this then that's different but right now I'd be hard pressed to think there's any real merit to this other than maybe somebody in the organization blowing off some steam.

What does your friend do in the organization?

JoeThomas
01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
i just feel that he might be gone. great safeties are hard to find but i dont think he is a great one. he works well in pitt's system but would he be as good somewhere else? im not saying he is a bum, but i think he is more of a system player then all pro.

swissvale72
01-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Inside scoop, take it for what it's worth .... I'm not saying it's fact, I'm just passing along some info I got from a friend who works for the organization.

You won't see a link because the outside media isn't in on this ..... yet. If the Steelers find a buyer, I'm sure you'll start to hear the scoop in some of the mainstream media outlets.

Sorry, I don't post over there, but I did hear that Davenport got into a meyley which is why he was benched (forget which week it was)

Funny....Blitz who posted this news over on Stillers.....
a. Attribtued the injury to a "meyley," and....
b. Incorrectly spelled "melee" as "meyley"

What a coincidence!!

2 Point Mike
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Blitz, keep your, "psst, word on the street," garbage over at Stillers.com, you buffoon. :willybs:

Iron City South
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Funny....Blitz who posted this news over on Stillers.....
a. Attribtued the injury to a "meyley," and....
b. Incorrectly spelled "melee" as "meyley"

What a coincidence!!

dude, what's your deal? Are you obsessed with this blitz guy or what? For the 10th time, I dont post on other boards and im not the poster that you are obviously obsessed with. sheessssshhhh........................... :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow that Troy guy, he's a real good safety I hope he returns to his old form in 2008.

***coughcough get the hint? coughcough*** :)

TEEMONT
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
What does your friend do in the organization?

Dan Rooney's invisible friend....I call BS on this thread.

K Train
01-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Dan Rooney's invisible friend....I call BS on this thread.

i call shenanigans

but i approve of the idea

Iron City South
01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Like I said, this is strictly heresay, .... I never tried to pass this off as factual ... but it does come from an internal resource

It makes sense though. What team would want to keep someone who totally changed their workout habits and won't cooperate with regard to seeking medical treatment?

If Polamalu wants to get all "earthy" on us now, the front office is probably thinking, "sure, just go do it somewhere else -- this guy has sweet value on the market and we're pretty solid at the S/FS positions"

swissvale72
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Break time at the Piggly Wiggly, Blitz?? Or....are you in the middle of a meyley??

TEEMONT
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
i call shenanigans

but i approve of the idea

yup....

http://www.astro.ubc.ca/~jonben/images/blog/shenanigans.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
You know if this actually does happen there will be no stopping him because his ego will explode..LOL

swissvale72
01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
You know if this actually does happen there will be no stopping him because his ego will explode..LOL

If THAT happens, AND he finally gets promoted at Piggly Wiggly...along with his current status of King Mod at Stillers.com, Idi Admin as it were, Blitz will be happier than a Pig(gly) in ****...

Prosdo
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow that Troy guy, he's a real good safety I hope he returns to his old form in 2008.

***coughcough get the hint? coughcough*** :)

I caught ya. Not sure anyone else did lol. I'm with you. Come back strong in 08 Troy! :greengrin:

dick rasile
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
You guys, all of you must either be very young or you don't know pro football.
Right now the Steelers are the only team in the league who can afford Troy, besides the whole defense is built around his type of game. Now if they had someone on the roster who could play like Troy I just might believe this crap.
Using your head can you see the Steeler Defense being changed that much in one off season. Hell it would set them back two stinking years.

TEEMONT
01-31-2008, 06:04 PM
You guys, all of you must either be very young or you don't know pro football.
Right now the Steelers are the only team in the league who can afford Troy, besides the whole defense is built around his type of game. Now if they had someone on the roster who could play like Troy I just might believe this crap.
Using your head can you see the Steeler Defense being changed that much in one off season. Hell it would set them back two stinking years.
all of us huh....?

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Boy, it's going to be a long off season! Troy isn't going anywhere.

BlitzburghSouljaST
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
you guys are haters. Troy yes had a off year but he still makes his presents known. Hes a ball hawk every where the ball is he's around it or on the play. So what if he hasnt had a pic in a while. He makes the important playes for us when we need it. He does the little things that they dont have stats for. Guys he is still one of the top safties in the leauge. What u want Anthony Smith to take over please!!!! Troy still has it he just has a few injuries im sure he will get over it

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Boy, it's going to be a long off season! Troy isn't going anywhere.

Thank you, another voice of reason. :redcool: July can't come fast enough !

SteelerFan87
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
:lol:.....I was going to post something just like this about Troy and his life style....But many people get butt hurt when I rip Troy......So I didn't post it....lol I'm glad you did though and I agree some of his spiritual believes is strange....

Troy just reminds of Pedro Cerano from Major League II anymore.....If the Steelers could get a first round pick for Puss Boy Troy then I would be all for it...lol But I doubt they would get a first since Troy hasn't had a INT since October 2006...So we might as well and keep the bum.....Then pray he rebounds to the player he was in 2004 and 2005....

I don't understand where people get this crap from. Dude, Troy is a Christian. If you think that's strange, you must have been living under a rock for about 2000 years. Yeah, he doesn't believe in lifting weights, but that's not because of his religious beliefs, it's because that's what he thinks is best for his body.

I really don't care what Troy does to stay in shape, as long as he performs on the field, and for most of his time here in Pittsburgh, he has done so excellently.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-31-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't understand where people get this crap from. Dude, Troy is a Christian. If you think that's strange, you must have been living under a rock for about 2000 years. Yeah, he doesn't believe in lifting weights, but that's not because of his religious beliefs, it's because that's what he thinks is best for his body.

I really don't care what Troy does to stay in shape, as long as he performs on the field, and for most of his time here in Pittsburgh, he has done so excellently.

I really don't give a **** if Troy is a Christian or not...All I know he is a spiritual person and his different methods of training is hurting his performance on the field...Which he is getting paid a ton of money now.....I guess the last two years you didn't pay attention much but Troy has sucked....I know you guys are church butt buddies and you will defend him at all costs...But this bum is so over-rated and I just can't stand him.....

October 22, 2006 the last time Troy had an INT....Yes he is so ****ing good and he is Christian....Which you have told me 300 times now...Get the hint I don't give a **** what Troy is.....lol

K Train
01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
hes way overrated, if he was lifting and training like he was at SC and when the combine and pro days were coming around he would be the best imo, the man was jacked, his endurance was off the charts and he hit like a truck....now hes made his money and making the money isnt the goal anymore...hes being lazy whether he calls it spiritual or not....troys best days are behind him imo

Koopa
01-31-2008, 09:51 PM
hes way overrated, if he was lifting and training like he was at SC and when the combine and pro days were coming around he would be the best imo, the man was jacked, his endurance was off the charts and he hit like a truck....now hes made his money and making the money isnt the goal anymore...hes being lazy whether he calls it spiritual or not....troys best days are behind him imo

i still say he was on steroids and had to get off them before he got caught, he had some roid rage type late hits a few years ago

K Train
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
well whatever.....im pro-roids so if thats the case bring on the cycles lol

TampaSteelGirl
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
It's pure crap!! :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 10:05 PM
What type of regimen was Troy on back at USC and the first couple years he was with us? Has it really changed THAT much or are we just seeing the effects of the injury in 2007 and a defense that was terrible in 2006 ( well basically the whole team in 2006 for most of the year.

let's look at his stats..

Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int
2003 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 38 30.0 8 2 0
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 96 67.0 29 1 5
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 91 73.0 18 3 2
2006 Pittsburgh Steelers 13 77 58.0 19 1 3
2007 Pittsburgh Steelers 11 58 45.0 13 0 0

Considering how bad the team was in 2006 having 77 tackles , 1 sack and 3 picks aint all that bad..I'd hardly consider that a bad season. this year, 2007 yes was not a good year but he missed 5 games and was playing hobbled for most of the year. Troy has not had a bad year until this year and there's no reason to think he won't come back full tilt in 2008.

Being a Christian or any other type religious belief has absolutely no bearing on someone's ability or attitude to work out or not. I know tons of Christians and others who are religious that have muscles the size of tree trunks and make thier life's goal to work out and enjoy it very much. I would be interested to know Troy's work out habits while he was in USC and how that differs from now.

Dee Mca
01-31-2008, 10:07 PM
How long exactly till camp opens? I'm already tired of all the conspiracy theories. Being one of the highest paid DB's in nfl and the season he had. Even thou he was injured we'd lose our butt's on the deal. So I'll call BS on this as well. BTW if you have a friend inside the steelers organization. Why not let just tell us what he does? Gotta be pretty high up if he knows their shopping Troy around.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm not bringing the fact Troy is Christian into this debate....Steelersfan87 brought that into it....He tells my all the time Troy is a Christian....I don't give a **** what Troy is...So I'm not the one bringing religion into this...

What your hear about Troy is he is a spiritual person period....Plus he has some unorthodox training methods.........So that can be the reasons why his play has dropped...Funny that all of Troy's INTs in 2006 came in the first half of that season...lol October 22, 2006 was the last time Troy had an INT....I think that was game six or seven of 2006....So from the second half of the 2006 season to all of 2007 Troy has sucked....There I'm being more technical now....

I know he has been injured...But again do you think some of Troy's unusual training methods is reason he is so injury prone the last two seasons?

I have never seen a fan base (Steeler Nation) defend such a piece of garbage like Troy...

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

It's pure crap!! :2cents:

October 22, 2006 was the date of Troy's last INT....pure crap indeed....:lol:

Go ahead all you blind homers in the Steeler Nation defend this over paid piece of crap....Only a select few have the balls to state the truth........

TEEMONT
01-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Seriously though, what does Troy being a Christian have to do with anything? Plenty of people are Christians, and they don't let it affect their work. If Troy (or should I call him Tory, since be has been playing like a bitch) wants to be spiritual, and let it affect his work, then he should go be a deacon and make like 30 grand a year. I bet living like that would make him less Christian, and more football player.

K Train
01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
im a christian....or at least thats what my grandma says

SteelerFan87
01-31-2008, 11:22 PM
I really don't give a **** if Troy is a Christian or not...All I know he is a spiritual person and his different methods of training is hurting his performance on the field...Which he is getting paid a ton of money now.....I guess the last two years you didn't pay attention much but Troy has sucked....I know you guys are church butt buddies and you will defend him at all costs...But this bum is so over-rated and I just can't stand him.....

October 22, 2006 the last time Troy had an INT....Yes he is so ****ing good and he is Christian....Which you have told me 300 times now...Get the hint I don't give a **** what Troy is.....lol

How have I told you 300 times? The reason I said it is because you made it seem like his religious beliefs somehow made him a worse football player, and that's just ridiculous. Comparing him to Cerrano from Major League, who worshiped some little voodoo doll, when Troy's religion is nothing like that just makes no sense. Everybody always acts like Troy is some crazy guy with these crazy religious beliefs, but they're actually pretty damn normal, he just believes in them very strongly. And I still don't know why we're even talking about that, since it has no bearing on what he does on the field.

What I see from Troy is a lack of fundamentals. He's worrying too much about running all over the field, and he isn't wrapping people up. Those are things that can be fixed by the coaches, and it has nothing to do with his religion. But for some reason whenever people are talking about Troy, somehow it always gets around to "Troy isn't playing well. It must have something to do with his religious beliefs." That just makes no sense.

BlitzburghNation
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
"WOW" Missed a few days on here and now troys getting traded :haha:

What B.S.~~No-one is taking on that freshly signed deal and you can call me a homer or a die hard fan with them steeler shades on,,,,,,,But I don't give up on a player for 1 bad year and as long as he gives it his all and wears the Black & Gold ,,,,,,,,I will be a huge POLAMALU fan :towelwave:

K Train
01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
How have I told you 300 times? The reason I said it is because you made it seem like his religious beliefs somehow made him a worse football player, and that's just ridiculous. Comparing him to Cerrano from Major League, who worshiped some little voodoo doll, when Troy's religion is nothing like that just makes no sense. Everybody always acts like Troy is some crazy guy with these crazy religious beliefs, but they're actually pretty damn normal, he just believes in them very strongly. And I still don't know why we're even talking about that, since it has no bearing on what he does on the field.

What I see from Troy is a lack of fundamentals. He's worrying too much about running all over the field, and he isn't wrapping people up. Those are things that can be fixed by the coaches, and it has nothing to do with his religion. But for some reason whenever people are talking about Troy, somehow it always gets around to "Troy isn't playing well. It must have something to do with his religious beliefs." That just makes no sense.

hes not saying anything about his play based on his religeon...its his habits, his diet, his training....its making him play at a lower level than expected which needs top stop

Black@Gold Forever32
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
hes not saying anything about his play based on his religeon...its his habits, his diet, his training....its making him play at a lower level than expected which needs top stop

Thank You Train.........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: A person that gets it......

If 87 had paid attention to my post I compared Troy to Cerano of Major League II....If people know the Major League movies....In II Cerano comes back as spiritual pansy thats to nice and soft....lol Which describes Troy perfectly...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Keep it kosher here, we're not getting into a religious debate on this stuff because it has no bearing on the topic.

I think it's safe to say that Troy still has some type of training habits that most of us aren't used to seeing a player have but then again how much do any of us really know about ALL NFL players or professional athletes. There may very well be many players out there that have similar habits as Troy and do just fine, we can't say for sure either way. Having said that he was playing hurt all year long and having any type of surgery would have either made him miss more time or end his season so he had to wait till after the year was up and he did show signs of the Troy of old in the last few games so it's not like he's gone to total crap or anything.

Iron City South
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
If Polamalu's lifestyle has changed to an "organic" one and he now is refusing Tomlin's orders to get medical attention for his injuries during the off-season . . . and he's also refusing to add muscle by lifting weights in a conventional manner, what are the Steelers to do? If it's not in his contract to do it then they can't make him. They have no choice but to trade him.

LatrobePA
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
He's overrated, trade him if he won't listen...

swissvale72
02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
If Polamalu's lifestyle has changed to an "organic" one and he now is refusing Tomlin's orders to get medical attention for his injuries during the off-season . . . and he's also refusing to add muscle by lifting weights in a conventional manner, what are the Steelers to do? If it's not in his contract to do it then they can't make him. They have no choice but to trade him.

Hey Blitz....why the change in location??

Formerly you were located in "Dirty South," which was a perfect match with your Stillers.com whereabouts....

portcityblackandgold
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd hate to see Troy go but we dealt Lake, Woodson, and Willie Williams.

TEEMONT
02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd hate to see Troy go but we dealt Lake, Woodson, and Willie Williams.

I'm pretty sure they all left via FA.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they all left via FA.

You are correct sir.....:yellowthumb:

steelerfan11
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally you brought up the entire religious beliefs. So you can't blame that on someone else.

I am a Christian and I go to a Christian College does that make me or my beliefs strange?

Also, why do you have so much hatred towards someone? There is no reason to hate on someone that much. You don't like Troy thats fine. Just keep it to yourself. I am sure that you have heard if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Hey Blitz....why the change in location??

Formerly you were located in "Dirty South," which was a perfect match with your Stillers.com whereabouts....

Why do you care so much what ICS does or says? Are you that absorbed with him that you cannot talk about him? Leave the guy alone. I stopped reading your dumb threads and (besides this) quit responding to you. Move on with life...better yet LEAVE!!!

swissvale72
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
It's my old pal 11......damn....I forgot to run another installment of "3rd & 6"....just for you, 11....lemme get to work on that.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally you brought up the entire religious beliefs. So you can't blame that on someone else.

I am a Christian and I go to a Christian College does that make me or my beliefs strange?

Also, why do you have so much hatred towards someone? There is no reason to hate on someone that much. You don't like Troy thats fine. Just keep it to yourself. I am sure that you have heard if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I didn't bring up the fact Troy is a Christian...I stated he is spiritual person and has some unorthodox training methods........To me thats not dragging religion into the debate......People can be a Christian and Spiritual at the same time last time I checked...See what I'm getting at....

I'll hate who ever I want to hate and say what I want to say......Who the **** are you to tell me what to do....:lol: So have a nice tall glass of STFU......:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
It's my old pal 11......damn....I forgot to run another installment of "3rd & 6"....just for you, 11....lemme get to work on that.

we're just fine as it is on the 3rd and 6 dead horse issue...

Friday133
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
:popcorn:

Mike Tomlin
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Troy stopped lifting weights years ago so the drop has to be the injuries. Lets face it we've been a lucky team when it comes to injuries the last few years and it finally bit us in the *** this year. Troy will be back and maybe he'll be healthier this time around.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Actually the last 2 years we've been about as unlucky as you can get with injuries to key players. In 2006-2007 we had injuries to players that have caused them to miss significant amounts of time:

Ben, Hines, Willie, Santonio, A. Smith, Polamalu, Kreider, Ward, Marvel Smith, Hampton, Hoke, Ryan Clark and McFadden...and that's just the main players.

So yeah we've had our share of hurt players the last couple years and depth has been exposed.

steelerfan11
02-01-2008, 05:34 PM

tell ya what buddy, you post as many "3rd and 6" as you like..I won't read one of them. I am glad you are using your time wisely.

strong D
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
lets all just agree on one thing if the steelers do keep him lets just hope he doesnt get to organic (Ricky Williams):lol::lol::lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
lets all just agree on one thing if the steelers do keep him lets just hope he doesnt get to organic (Ricky Williams):lol::lol::lol:

There is nothing wrong with the organic :lol:

kgreen
02-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Wow pull out the stats why don't you? Did you also watch the 05 playoffs? Tell me theres another safty in this draft or on our roster that can malke play like that. How many times can the right people say that TROY WAS HURT! He was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, HE WAS HURT! Are you people that retarded? I mean when fully healty, Troy can dominate he's everywhere its scary. If this organization gets rid of Troy then they can kiss the playoffs goodbye next year. Because our secondary sucks right now we're going to need all the help we can get. I mean do you really want Anthony Smith playing for Troy? How about Tyrone Carter? Please people don't make me laugh. The Rooneys wouldn't sign Troy to a huge contract then ship him off somewhere else.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow pull out the stats why don't you? Did you also watch the 05 playoffs? Tell me theres another safty in this draft or on our roster that can malke play like that. How many times can the right people say that TROY WAS HURT! He was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, HE WAS HURT! Are you people that retarded? I mean when fully healty, Troy can dominate he's everywhere its scary. If this organization gets rid of Troy then they can kiss the playoffs goodbye next year. Because our secondary sucks right now we're going to need all the help we can get. I mean do you really want Anthony Smith playing for Troy? How about Tyrone Carter? Please people don't make me laugh. The Rooneys wouldn't sign Troy to a huge contract then ship him off somewhere else.

Are you retarded?......:lol: Why he is hurt all the time now? Which is what some of this thread is about....Maybe his unusual training methods is leading him to get hurt more.....

For your info I did see the 2005 play-offs.....Steelers fans always living in the past...lol

I think I have said many times on this site that if the Steelers want to contend for a Super Bowl then Troy needs to play like he did in 04/05.....But he has sucked for more then 1 and half seasons now....If he is so great then why hasn't he had an INT since Oct. 22 2006?.......**** off now since you have been owned.....

Iron City South
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Wow pull out the stats why don't you? Did you also watch the 05 playoffs? Tell me theres another safty in this draft or on our roster that can malke play like that. How many times can the right people say that TROY WAS HURT! He was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, he was hurt, HE WAS HURT! Are you people that retarded? I mean when fully healty, Troy can dominate he's everywhere its scary. If this organization gets rid of Troy then they can kiss the playoffs goodbye next year.

If anyone stands guilty of being "retarded" it's you. First off, you're missing the point ... Troy is now citing his organic lifestyle as the reason he isn't seeking medical help for his injury.

Injured or not, he is an employee of the team and should do what he's not only being told to do - but being paid well to do. You can talk until you're blue in the face about what he did in 2005, but it's not going to change the fact that it's no longer 2005. For the past 2 years Troy played at 2 levels for the most part -- Sucks and Mediocre.

Have you looked at next years schedule yet? Have you assessed our needs? Do both and get back to me about our chances next year. I think you'll soon come to realize that we're a few years away. :yesnod:

K Train
02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
i might very well be retarded but i do know that troy has sucked for a while now and ive never seen him dominate all parts of the field to the point it would frighten small children.....oh yeah and the 05 playoffs...he almost lost the colts game with his pick/fumble...since it was overturned because he couldnt avoid kneeing himself...troy is far froma dominate safety anymore and he hurts our defense play after play despite the announcers sucking his dick cause hes easy to pick out

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2008, 10:25 PM
We are now at post 65 in this thread and all we've done is continue to beat this horse to death. Troy has played well right up until the 2007 season, I posted up his stats in this thread and that proves it. They also don't lie to the fact that he didn't play well this year at all and he was hurt for half the season too. I don't know where you all get thinking he stunk in 2006. The whole team stunk but his stats were pretty darn good if you ask me over the course of the year and considering how bad we were in the first half of the season going 2-6 there was nobody that was beyond criticism including Troy and we all know it.

Working out or not there's no reason to think Troy won't come back as good as ever in 2008 but if he doesnt then I'll be the first to criticize him along with the rest of you but considering what he's done for us right up until the 2007 season started I think he deserves the respect for his accomplishments up to this year and the "wait and see approach" for 2008. There's not a person on this board that doesn't want him to come back strong and do well for us because we need him too. He's getting paid a ton of money and he's committed to us the same as we did to him so it's up to the man himself to get back to form in 2008.

K Train
02-01-2008, 10:28 PM
but what has he done for us thats special? i just see him out of position an awful lot and screwing our secondary...hes awesome in run support...sometimes, but hes a weak link in the secondary. I too thought he was gonna be great...but lets be honest, no one would talk about him if he didnt have long *** hair and stand out so much

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
This year I saw a Troy that I don't want to see again. A guy that missed tackles, was out of position, that over pursued the ball carrier, and got burnt on long pass plays. The Troy we saw before would roam around and cause havoc for the offense because he could blitz and support the run from anywhere and that made it extra hard for teams to run their offense against us. He may not have always got in on the play but when he is on his game more often than not having to account for him frees up somebody else to make the play or alteast makes a lineman or TE hesitate for split second and that allows the pass rush to get there or the LB's to make the quick tackle for a short game. He's as important to us when he doesn't directly make the tackle as he is when he does but there's no denying we can't have him have another 2007 year in 2008 or we're going to be in trouble.

K Train
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
hey i hope hes gonna bounce back, i just cant help but think his best days are behind him...the roaming roll has been over played....they are used to it and they know what hes trying to do

Forged in Steel
02-01-2008, 10:56 PM

LOL! That was uncalled for and funny for whatever reason.

manofsteel
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I LIKe Troy but if hes not gonna lift weights and try to make himself better. Than he dosnt care about winning. We need a team of Champons to win th SB. NOt use to be Champions. I tell you my friends we could be looking at a very differnt Steelers team in the next few years. Also if were keep punk arse Bruce Ariens. We need to get a bigger stronger back to pick up the Blitz. ANd if we can get that Back and an O lineman and maybe a pick in the draft well Fuggem

LeXX75
02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
wow ..just..wow

steelcityrockers
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Also if were keep punk arse Bruce Ariens. We need to get a bigger stronger back to pick up the Blitz.

Because Arians can control the O-Line and blocking calls, right? That is just bloody moronic to blame an OC for protection woes.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
You live and die by the offensive line, the Pats proved that point once again...when you can't protect the QB all the weapons in the world don't make a bit of difference. If Tomlin needed any more incentive to fix the OL that's all he had to watch.

This team wouldn't deal Troy away so we can drop this issue that ICS has created and is loving all the controversy he stirred up :reddevil: