PDA

View Full Version : Do we go after Berrian,Johnson, or trade for Roy Williams??

Troyisabeast_43
01-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Johnson is a 1st round receiver the cards drafted in the 03 draft, who they never used much since he had a leg injury in his rook year and didnt play much, and of course they drafted Bolden and Fitzgerald and he didnt get a starting shot, and he has been making plays when he does get in the lineup in a back up role, his contract is up and he would like to leave the Cards to get a chance at starting and thats Bryant Johnson who played at Penn State and is from the area and would probably love to play for the steelers and shouldnt be very expensive for us to pick him up, unless Whisenhunt wants to play hardball....Johnson is a solid 6'3' receiver that could have success in Pittsburgh, and he's only 26 years old. Also, we could probably release wilson, and get johnson at a cheaper price.

If we could really get Roy Williams wr from the Lions for a 2nd pick I would say do it.

We want to be 3 and 4 wr set team. Well lets get some good ones.

Williams can run and has the ability to go get the fade by the goalline. I do not think we would get him for a 2nd pick, but if we could he is better than any wr coming into the draft this year.

As for Berrian is signing him realistic? Will he be asking way too much for the FO to even consider him? I only ask this because I believe with Holmes and Berrian on the outside and Hines in the slot it gives us a similar WR corps to the Patsies. Two big play guys on the outside and a reliable play-maker in the slot. If Ben couldn't be happy with that, what would make him happy? IMO he is the FA we should target this offseason. Anybody else think this would be a great pick-up?? Berrian is a proven WR with big-play capability. He averaged over 800 yds and 5 TD's over the past two seasons with a team and a QB that doesn't have any semblance of a passing game.He would help press the safeties and open up the underneath for Hines and Heath Miller. The O-line has nothing to do with signing Free Agents. I would think most on this board would agree that the FO is going to address that through the draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Berrian - will cost too much, they won't go after him with 2 viable starters right now and needs on the interior lines.

Johnson - relative unknown, would come pretty cheap and would be an option at this point.

Roy Williams?? - way too expensive, they'll never do it. The Steelers don't spend money in FA for guys like Roy Williams or Berrian. Bernard would be a great addition IMO but he'll never be here with the team wanting to concentrate on the big pay day for Ben.

Koopa
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
i'd bust a nut if we got roy williams, the dude was a beast at ut, and he's been pretty good in the nfl.........but like tg said, he's to expensive, we are already grossly over paying troy, so i doubt we have any salary cap to do taht

and **** the other two

Brady Quinn
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
a tall wr is key now in the league. it was not that important a few years ago, but now a tall wr is a qbs best friend.

K Train
01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
if we got roy williams i would cry with joy

BlitzburghNation
01-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Well we all should already know the answer to this thread,,,,,,,
We never go after high dollar free agents and I don't think we will this year either,,,,,,,:popcorn:

MDSteel15
01-27-2008, 10:23 PM
At 6'3", Johnson would be our tallest reciever. And he would be a cheap option, which everyone in StillerLand knows, the front office loves.....:eyecrazy:

steelcityrockers
01-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I say Johnson or DJ Hackett if he isn't too expensive.

GoBenGo
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
fitgerald is looking to move to a winner...

BlitzburghSouljaST
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
i think we need to go for roy williams. we need another reliable player to take some of the load off of hines:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I have a better chance of banging Jessica Alba then the Steelers trading for Roy Williams....lol It would be nice and I would probably streak naked around my block if it the Steelers made that trade....But it won't happen.....

I'm still trying to think how adding Bryant Johnson helps this team so much....A former first round pick that has only been a 3rd WR in the NFL....Plus has the same amount of career TDs as Nate Washington and only has 200 more receiving yards then Nate while Johnson has been in the NFL longer which he has played in more games then Nate...

Lets not draft James Hardy but lets sign a first round bust like Johnson...lol As for Hackett...I'm sure the Seahawks will resign him....But he was also hurt all this year for the most part...I know I had him on some of my fantasy teams...lol Wouldn't mind Hackett but don't see the Steelers signing him....

steelcityrockers
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
As for Bryant Johnson being a 3rd WR, I am pretty sure that is what he would be here...

When given the rare opprotunity, Johnson has shown something He would be the cheapest "good/decent" WR in this year's FA class. He would be better than every WR on our team other than Ward and Holmes. He has had what is basically a year in the system. For all I know, Hardy could win OROY, but I digress. Personally, I would rather have a veteran than a rookie, but this is just my worthless opinion.

Koopa
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
i think we need to go for roy williams. we need another reliable player to take some of the load off of hines:tt02:

we have that guy, his name is santonio holmes, had he not got hurt he'd have lead this team in catches by at least 30 catches, but since he did, he only lead this team in receiving yards and touchdown receptions.......... all we need is a reliable 3rd option, if we got roy williams he'd be our number 1, meaning holmes or ward would be the 3rd option, and i doubt either would like that much.......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
As for Bryant Johnson being a 3rd WR, I am pretty sure that is what he would be here...

When given the rare opprotunity, Johnson has shown something He would be the cheapest "good/decent" WR in this year's FA class. He would be better than every WR on our team other than Ward and Holmes. He has had what is basically a year in the system. For all I know, Hardy could win OROY, but I digress. Personally, I would rather have a veteran than a rookie, but this is just my worthless opinion.

I didn't say your opinion was worthless....I just don't like Johnson myself....He drops his share of passes and he was a first rounder....Plus how do we know he will be so cheap....I don't think he will get a huge contract....But with the cap going up every year and some owners always over spending there could be a chance that some team will out bid the Rooney's...

If we all agree all the time this world would be boring....So dude you're entitled to your opinion and I still respected what you had to say...I just disagree....:yellowthumb:

steelcityrockers
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Oh and another criticsm for Hardy: How can a 6'6'' WR be afriad to go over the middle? He is soft, dude.

I am just assuming that Bryant Johnson would be the cheapest of the decent Free Agent WRs.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh and another criticsm for Hardy: How can a 6'6'' WR be afriad to go over the middle? He is soft, dude.

I am just assuming that Bryant Johnson would be the cheapest of the decent Free Agent WRs.

Wow Hardy is labeled soft so that means he will always be that way...lol The same was said about Plax when he was in the draft...Plax finally developed with the Giants....Plus Randy Moss just screams toughness....:lol: Sarcasm at its best there.....I'm not saying Hardy will be as good as Randy Moss...But I do think he can develop into a WR like Plax....

You're not going to change my opinion and I'm not going to change yours....But really Bryant Johnson screams toughness also...lol