PDA

View Full Version : Rank our needs

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Just thought I would make a poll that let the fanbase here at SA speak out on what you feel our biggest need in this years draft will be. After the poll is closed out the final results can be tallied to rank the needs according to the SA members. You can vote for more than one and please explain your picks.

I chose OT, DE and OLB. I would have chosen Center instead of OLB if there were any good ones available.

darnik44
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
1. RT - so Colon can move to RG

2. C - so Mahan can move to the sideline

3. KR/PR - the return game has been terrible since El left.

4. WR - Nate Washington is way to inconsistant for my likeing as a #3 WR and Ward is nearing the end. They have also lacked a big target since Plaxico left.

5. RB - I love Davenport in his role, but if Parker goes down again they have problems.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Center - because we have no viable candidates right now that have proven they can play the position. Stapleton is an unknown at this point even if we do think he's got potential.

DE - absolutely need depth here, behind the starting 3 DL and Hoke at DT we have no DE to back up Smith and Keisel.

OLB - Now that Wood is a starter we have no real good depth at OLB so this is a need that we can get and bring them along. Arnold Harrison is a decent backup but he doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. If Timmons beats out Foote then OLB becomes more paramount. If he doesn't then we still need it but not quite as immediate since Timmons could backup outside too.

WR/KR - We have 2 great starters; Nate is coming along but we need a viable 4th WR that we can count on and someone that can push Nate to be even better. KR/PR is obvious since we have nobody right now that can return kicks at this point except Holmes. Davenport is a pretty decent kick off returner but as far as PR, yeah I'd say that's a pretty big need ..LOL

Koopa
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Center - because we have no viable candidates right now that have proven they can play the position. Stapleton is an unknown at this point even if we do think he's got potential.

DE - absolutely need depth here, behind the starting 3 DL and Hoke at DT we have no DE to back up Smith and Keisel.

OLB - Now that Wood is a starter we have no real good depth at OLB so this is a need that we can get and bring them along. Arnold Harrison is a decent backup but he doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. If Timmons beats out Foote then OLB becomes more paramount. If he doesn't then we still need it but not quite as immediate since Timmons could backup outside too.

WR/KR - We have 2 great starters; Nate is coming along but we need a viable 4th WR that we can count on and someone that can push Nate to be even better. KR/PR is obvious since we have nobody right now that can return kicks at this point except Holmes. Davenport is a pretty decent kick off returner but as far as PR, yeah I'd say that's a pretty big need ..LOL

davenport is not a decent kick off returner, the only thing is he doesn't fumble, but he's to slow

but i agree with most

we need a tackle, i don't really care if it's a left or right tackle, we just need a dominate one

we need a center cause mahan sucks at life

we need depth at DE

and we really need a kick/punt returner

steelcitysfinestXL
01-24-2008, 03:32 PM
i picked OT, DE and WR but only if he is a returner also... i know im beating a dead horse but i would kill to see us take RB/ Return man Chris Johnson from ECU in the 3rd if he is around!!!!

darnik44
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
i picked OT, DE and WR but only if he is a returner also... i know im beating a dead horse but i would kill to see us take RB/ Return man Chris Johnson from ECU in the 3rd if he is around!!!!

Johnson is a Willie Parker clone. That's not such a bad thing for Johnson, but he wouldn't compliment Parker well because there would be no contrast in running style. He could help big time in the return game, but would eat up a roster spot at RB. I personally like Dantrell Savage. He's a smaller, quick/fast guy but runs hard between the tackles. He's also a good return man. I love the prospect of drafting Devin Thomas WR/KR in the 2nd. Orlando Scandrick from Boise St. is a CB/KR who I think would be a great pick as well.

If they took Thomas, Savage, and Scandrick they fill 3 positions and gain 3 potential return men.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM

I like Chris Johnson myself......I brought him up to Dieselman before Johnson had his big game in his teams Bowl game....So I would have no problems with the Steelers drafting Johnson in the second round....He would be the Steelers return guy and also add depth to RB...Plus he can play some WR at times....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
davenport is not a decent kick off returner, the only thing is he doesn't fumble, but he's to slow

but i agree with most

we need a tackle, i don't really care if it's a left or right tackle, we just need a dominate one

we need a center cause mahan sucks at life

we need depth at DE

and we really need a kick/punt returner

ok, maybe he's not a "good" kick returner but on this team if you don't fumble then you're good :lol:

DIESELMAN
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Johnson is a Willie Parker clone. That's not such a bad thing for Johnson, but he wouldn't compliment Parker well because there would be no contrast in running style.

Johnson is good out of the backfield and he can line up as a wideout.

I personally like Dantrell Savage. He's a smaller, quick/fast guy but runs hard between the tackles. He's also a good return man.
Not tryin to bash your guy there, but he only returned 5 punts for 1 yard last year. Plus I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in a 5'8 185 lb. RB trying to help out in pass protection. :greengrin:

Blitzburgh55
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I no we dont need a punter :P

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
What we don't need
QB
TE
P
K
LS (need to re sign Warren)
LB

steelerfan11
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I am biased because i am a notre dame fan but Tom Zbikowski returned punts for UND last year and the past few years. IDK his numbers from last year but Notre Dame in a whole played like crap last year. He would also be a backup at Saftey. He isn't a small guy 6' 207lbs, also a pro boxer (he quit boxing until his football career is over).

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
He should also be available in the later rounds, that way we wouldn't have to waste a high draft pick on him. he also has sure hands.

K Train
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
the returner is only a small portion of the return game unless you have devin hester...our ST has sucked since keisel put on a few pounds and moved to DE...we needs som badass special teamers not just a returner