PDA

View Full Version : Ben is forcing way to much

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 08:46 PM
We've been spoiled by Ben's success since he came into the League. He's been smart, efficient, used his weapons to the fullest potential, he made good decisions with the ball, he was able to scramble and run for plays, and generally make things happen within himself and the team.

Then the surgery in the offseason, then the bike accident, then appendectomy. He lost time working with his team mates in the offseason, he lost game experience in the preseason, he lost playing time in week 1...all this has snow balled into making Big Ben play out of character and to crucial mistakes, and generally poor play. He's trying to make too much happen, throwing into double and triple coverage, overthrowing WR's, throwing behind them, taking sacks instead of throwing it away...he's just not himself and its showing.

He needs to regroup and keep plugging away at. The team does, these next weeks Cowher, the coaches and the team need to do some serious soul searching and realize what we have at stake and get back to our kinda football. I fully believe Ben will play through this and improve as time goes on, he's professional and a great QB..but like all the great ones he wants to succeed, be a leader, and make things happen. He's just gotta slow down, get comfortable in the pocket and relax.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Ben without a doubt is trying to do too much. He just needs to relax. Throw the ball and let his receivers do the rest.

Friday133
09-24-2006, 08:51 PM
i agree ben is pressing way too much. he's over thinking himself. i think the play calling needs to build his confidence, put him in situations where he'll succeed.

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Ben is definitely forcing the issue too much. He needs to relax, sit their in the pocket and let the game come to him and not over think it so much. Balls are sailing high which means he's throwing off his back foot... this is something that is worked out with practice which he hasn't had much of. Right now Ben has an awful lot on his shoulders trying to prove to everyone that he has recovered from his accident.

A lot of it could be his performance in the SB is still sitting in the back of his mind so he's trying to force the issue and get back to the big one to redeem himself... Bottom line though, Ben needs to take a step back and basically start over!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 09:05 PM
It's the sign of a good QB that they want to be the man, they want to succeed and prove to the team and coaches that he can do the job year in and year out..especially after all he's been through in his personal life but he needs to take a step back and get back to basics. He's a top notch QB, he's got pro bowlers all around him, he doesnt have to do it alone. Once he realizes that again,he'll be fine.

Let's just hope it doesn't take too long.

House of Steel
09-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Ben will be fine. I think he rushed back way too soon from his surgery. What gets me is if something is working, don't correct it. Like the running game today. Ben has made some poor decisions in these past 2 games that makes me so sick in the stomach. I think Mark Whipple needs to work with Ben during the OFF Week and get his mentality back on line and the confidence level. We need to serious work on a lot of areas of our game to get back on track. We play much better when our backs are against the wall.

Prosdo
09-25-2006, 01:51 AM
I think this bye week will do Ben a lot of good. He needs to try and get on the same page as his WR's. Take some reps and get back into the groove of things. I still have a tremendous amount of faith in him and I know he will come back strong against SD.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 01:53 AM
You can also play devils advocate and say that if Ben has spent so much time not playing for the last couple months that being off for a week might make him even more rusty. ;) We just can't win for losing :)

BBG7
09-25-2006, 03:26 AM
You can also play devils advocate and say that if Ben has spent so much time not playing for the last couple months that being off for a week might make him even more rusty. ;) We just can't win for losing :)

Gosh, I really hope not.

Steelersfan
09-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Ben will be fine. Let's just hope it doesn't take him 3 games to get going after the bye week!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't even wanna think about that scenario, :eek: we need him back and as mistake free as possible after the bye. :tt02: