PDA

View Full Version : my 411

2 Point Mike
01-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Let me see, I'm a Steelers fan from young - born and raised in western PA, you know darn well that's the way it is. :tt02:

I stick by my teams. I'm a Steelers, Penguins and yes, a Pirates (:cursin:) fan too. I'm also a fan of Pitt basketball and football and Penn State football (yes, you CAN like both teams).

My user name may say :troll2: , but I just was searching for a name that I liked, and saw Tomlin's smiling avatar and thought, "hey, it looks like Mike is happy that he's going for 2 points at the 12 yard line." :bluelol:

However, I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker when it comes to the Steelers. I don't always buy the conventional wisdom that posters at other sites have about the Steelers, but I think I'm fair.

I found this site through a friend, and I really like what I see. It's really quite well done. Congrats to everyone who put it together. :yellowthumb:

I'm looking forward to the draft and addressing some needs on this team. The draft is one of my favorite times of the year, so I get all pysched for that. On the other hand, free agency is not one of my favorite times as a Steelers fan and I think I don't have to explain why.

Anyway, happy to be aboard and I'll spread the word.

AZ_Steeler
01-24-2008, 03:11 AM
:welcome:

The draft isn't really my cup of tea but there are a lot of others on here who are all over the draft like white on rice! :bigthumb: I'm sure you've found it already but just in case here is the Draft Room - Steelers War Room (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34). There are already a lot of good topics including discussions of the Senior Bowl coming up this weekend. So jump in, have at it and enjoy!

I know you found the Tech Room already, but if you have any more questions at all just let us know! :yellowthumb:

:cope:

steelersgal86
01-24-2008, 06:13 AM
:hiya: :welcome:

floodcitygirl
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Welcome to SA! Enjoy!!!! :tt02:

Dako
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Welcome

Captcoolhand
01-24-2008, 12:41 PM

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Welcome aboard to our board :lol: Enjoy !

DIESELMAN
01-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Welcome to SA!!! Cool people and a great site!!!! Enjoy!!!!! :cope: :cope:

2 Point Mike
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I totally love the smilies here. Smilies really are crucial to a proper message board. :lol:

My favorites:

:nono: :nahnah: :cope: :willybs: :cursin: :duh: :bsflag: :blah: :beer1: :deadhorse: :talker: :iesucks:

and of course:

:steelersrocksign: :gs: :woodson:

Prosdo
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Welcome to SA!

TEEMONT
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
nice name...welcome

BBG7
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
welcome to SA

swissvale72
01-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Let me see, I'm a Steelers fan from young - born and raised in western PA, you know darn well that's the way it is. :tt02:

I stick by my teams. I'm a Steelers, Penguins and yes, a Pirates (:cursin:) fan too. I'm also a fan of Pitt basketball and football and Penn State football (yes, you CAN like both teams).

My user name may say :troll2: , but I just was searching for a name that I liked, and saw Tomlin's smiling avatar and thought, "hey, it looks like Mike is happy that he's going for 2 points at the 12 yard line." :bluelol:

However, I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker when it comes to the Steelers. I don't always buy the conventional wisdom that posters at other sites have about the Steelers, but I think I'm fair.

I found this site through a friend, and I really like what I see. It's really quite well done. Congrats to everyone who put it together. :yellowthumb:

I'm looking forward to the draft and addressing some needs on this team. The draft is one of my favorite times of the year, so I get all pysched for that. On the other hand, free agency is not one of my favorite times as a Steelers fan and I think I don't have to explain why.

I root for both as well, Two-Point. My previous standard, when the two teams were the "Beasts of the East" and played annually, was to root for the time that had the best chance of the higher national ranking. Seen some beauts.

The respective alums of the schools though, certainly don't see it our way. My two oldest brothers are Penn State alums and they HATE Pitt, even the brother who also earned his MBA at Pitt (hey...you don't suppose he knows...........do ya??).

Forged in Steel
01-25-2008, 11:16 AM

:tt02:

PsychoWard
01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
:sup: and :welcome:

BlitzburghNation
01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
:towelwave::welcome::towelwave:

KSSteelerfan
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
:greetings::welcome:

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2008, 10:34 AM

:welcome: I'm the same but, I am not a Pitt Fan.