PDA

View Full Version : A receiver the Steelers should consider going after in free agency...

Troyisabeast_43
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM
I think he would be a good pick up. I know he fits the body profile of most of our recievers already but he stood out when Andre Johnson was out and he is a GREAT return man, and I bet you can get him relatively cheap. He's REALLY good. He's also not gonna be REALLY high value. Unless he has some reason not to want to come to Pittsburgh in particular, I dont think it would be very difficult to get him here. I think we can offer him the kind of money others will.

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah....but what makes him better than Ced Wilson other than his speed? Granted he would be the fastest receiver on our team, but his routes are nothing more than eh and his hands are pretty bad.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
and he was a brownie and not impressive in his time there either..... 2 words for ya

BERNARD BERRIAN!!!!!!

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Berrian has only ok hands and his only really appealing attribute is his speed. If there were to sign anyone I would prefer Bryant Johnson.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Berrian has only ok hands and his only really appealing attribute is his speed. If there were to sign anyone I would prefer Bryant Johnson.

Johnson drops his share of passes also....So his hands are not that superior to Berrians......:lol:

As for Andre Davis the guy can flat out return kicks...In case you havn't notice that is a glaring need on this current team.....

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
More punt returner than anything which is something Davis doesen't do. Johnson's hands are better than Berrian's and his routes are better.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
More punt returner than anything which is something Davis doesen't do. Johnson's hands are better than Berrian's and his routes are better.

PR is a bigger need I agree....But yea those kick off returners were great this year for the Steelers...:lol: Really only big return this year was Rossum's TD vs the 49ers....lol The kickoff units need upgraded also....Johnson is such a great WR that after the Cards spent a first rounder on him and then took Boldin in the second round of that same draft the next year they took Larry Fitz with a top five pick...lol

I'm not saying Johnson sucks....But as a former first rounder he really hasn't lived up to his draft status......He drops his share of passes also.......Berrian has his own flaws also but I rather have Berrian...He isn't a number 1 WR but with Holmes and Ward he doesn't need to be....I know for sure Johnson isn't a number 1 and maybe not even a number 2 WR....At least Berrian has shown he can be a solid number 2 in the NFL....

Johnson has the same amount of career TD catches as Nate Washington and has played in more games then Nate.......:lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
BJ- 46 recs for 528 yds
Berrian- 71 for 951

BJ- Matt Leinart and Kurt Warner
Berrian- REX GROSSMAN

Sorry Rockers, there isnt much comparison between Berrian and Johnson in my book. The way i see it BJ is a guy that will always be a #3 WR at best. Berrian as a starter has put up two nice seasons and add a serious deep threat. I would rather have a good #1 as a #3 than a good #3 compeating to beat out Ced and Nate for playing time!!! And this is coming from a PSU fanatic!!!

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Matt Leinart sucks. He had a terrible season.
Anyway, Nate and Santonio are deep threats and Johnson isn't all that slow either. I am not saying he is perfect but, Berrian will be overpaid by some team that is sure to get into a bidding war for him. He is the top WR in free agency. Berrian, for all intensive purpose was the #1 this year for the Bears since Moose is barely a shell of his former self. Johnson was the 3rd WR in an offense that dosen't feature many multiple WR sets.

K Train
01-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Berrian is a little scrub...plus the bears will keep him

Bryant Johnson is tempting, he stepped up big when called on, but hes gonna be pricey.

Rossum isnt great...but hes not terribke either, our whole ST sucks....not just the returner.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 07:20 PM

Bryant Johnson is tempting, he stepped up big when called on, but hes gonna be pricey.

Rossum isnt great...but hes not terribke either, our whole ST sucks....not just the returner.

The Bears probably will keep Berrian but he isn't a scrub......I would take him over Johnson....Berrian is a solid number 2 WR in the NFL....Noway he is a number 1 WR....Most Bears fans would tell you the same...

Never said Rossum was terrible but really his only big return was his TD vs the 49ers......Wouldn't hurt to upgrade the KR units also.....

Really the whole ST sucks....Since when?:lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM

Do you say these things out of pure love/hate for certain players or are you trying to **** me off!!!! SERIOUSLY, be serious!?!? LOL:hilarious:

I do agree the Bears will keep him cause HE IS THEiR #1 Until they bring in someone better!!!!! He is their number 1 WR because by far and away he put up the best numbers Mush isnt even close anymore!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Do you say these things out of pure love/hate for certain players or are you trying to **** me off!!!! SERIOUSLY, be serious!?!? LOL:hilarious:

I do agree the Bears will keep him cause HE IS THEiR #1 Until they bring in someone better!!!!! He is there number 1 WR because by far and away he put up the best numbers Mush isnt even close anymore!!!!!

Berrian is the Bears number 1 WR by default.....I like Berrian but I don't think he is a 1 WR...A guy that can dictate coverage like the top WRs in the NFL....He is a solid number 2 though which he has proven....

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Berrian is the Bears number 1 WR by default.....I like Berrian but I don't think he is a 1 WR...A guy that can dictate coverage like the top WRs in the NFL....He is a solid number 2 though which he has proven....

Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss! He fits nicely with hines as a possesion guy and Holmes as a home run hitter!!! Berrian Stretches the field!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss!

Thats what I was saying of course he is the Bears 1 WR....:lol: I'm just saying I don't think he will ever be a number 1 WR that can carry a passing game...But very solid number 2 and I wouldn't mind Berrian also....But I think the Bears will resign him....Really if they don't then that creates another hole for them to fill..lol His numbers were effected this year to by the Bears inconsistent QB play....He was badass in 2006....He still had a nice year this year to....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss! He fits nicely with hines as a possesion guy and Holmes as a home run hitter!!! Berrian Stretches the field!!!!

Hell yea he can stretch the field.....Thats his best attribute....

TEEMONT
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I think he would be a good pick up. I know he fits the body profile of most of our recievers already but he stood out when Andre Johnson was out and he is a GREAT return man, and I bet you can get him relatively cheap. He's REALLY good. He's also not gonna be REALLY high value. Unless he has some reason not to want to come to Pittsburgh in particular, I dont think it would be very difficult to get him here. I think we can offer him the kind of money others will.

unless im missing something...it's usually pretty cool when you include the name of the guy you are talking about.

PsychoWard
01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
unless im missing something...it's usually pretty cool when you include the name of the guy you are talking about.

LOL i was thinking the same thing!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Maybe he's talking about Berrian :dunno:

steelersgal86
01-24-2008, 05:16 AM
:+1: :lol::lol:

JoeThomas
01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Guys have any interest in Tim Carter? No? OK I had to try. Out of the 3 I see talked about, the best fit would be Bryant Johnson. Unless he wants to play for a minimum, the Cards cant afford him with Fitz and Boldin. But ive also heard Fitzgerald might be available this spring so who knows.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Fitz has had some injury problems the last couple years so that would be something to consider but he'd want a ton of money and the Rooney's won't give up that much dough when they are trying to resign Ben and get either Alan or Max under contract.

I'd be all over us getting Berrian though, in a heartbeat! He'd be a solid addition to our 3 WR's now and give us 4 legit threats in the passing game.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Guys have any interest in Tim Carter? No? OK I had to try. Out of the 3 I see talked about, the best fit would be Bryant Johnson. Unless he wants to play for a minimum, the Cards cant afford him with Fitz and Boldin. But ive also heard Fitzgerald might be available this spring so who knows.

Ok, you're the second person to say that... can someone tell me why BJ is a better or the best fit!!?!!?!? I really confused about this!!!! He would be my 3rd maybe fourth choice!!!! I would take Patrick Crayton and Devery Henderson before BJ... if its a big red zone guy you want, if thats what is attracting about BJ to you then we might as well just get Drew Carter... Both 6-3 both 26 and very similar numbers as #3 WRs this year!!!!! I think alot of people are trying to throw credit (IMO undeserved credit) To Johnson because he is playing behind 2 probowl Wideouts!!!! If anything he stands out because Fitz and Quan draw double teams and Johnson reaps the benefits, obvious but true!!!!

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Um, Crayton signed an extension. Henderson may have the worst hands I have ever seen (drop, catch, drop, drop, catch and so on). No I could care less about whether or not he is big. Drew Carter has had some injury issues and hasn't proven to be much of anything. He has the occasional good game to boost his stats but that is about it.

TEEMONT
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
:+1: :lol::lol:

What? You spam???....never.

2 Point Mike
01-24-2008, 07:29 PM
If Nate dropping balls frustrates you, then you want no part of Bryant Johnson. People love him because of his size, but he's wildly inconsistent. If you want a good WR in free agency, my guy is D.J. Hackett.

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I compeletely forgot about him. Yes, I now want Hackett. (with Johnson second)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Hackett's good when healthy....he battled injuries this past year....Plus I think the Seahawks will probably resign him...

Stairwayto7
01-24-2008, 08:07 PM
hey give Randy Moss a shot

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes and we could trade for the rights to Mike Vick too!

buccaneers#1fan
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
i think berrian is the best i would like out of these guys.but i want the bucs to go after chad johnson or larry fitz.but me personally i would like any of these guys to line up on the other side of galloway.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Um, Crayton signed an extension. Henderson may have the worst hands I have ever seen (drop, catch, drop, drop, catch and so on). No I could care less about whether or not he is big. Drew Carter has had some injury issues and hasn't proven to be much of anything. He has the occasional good game to boost his stats but that is about it.

I was mearly sayin those are the 2008 FA's that I would rather have...I had not heard but i figured Crayton would be resigned w/ the year he had and Terry Glenns injury situatuion... BJ drops just as many balls as anyone... Henderson has his share of drops but with 20 less receptions, Henderson had more TDs and twice the aypc!!!

In one less season and 30 less games played, Henderson has twice the avg. more touchdowns than BJ. I have watched him since PSU, he was over rated then, when he was drafted and he still is today!!! If thats what you want your entitled to your opinion, i would rather have alot of other players before i took BJ.
Im not really up on money matters in the NFL, so im not sure between Berrian and Johnson who would command higher dollars, but im assuming they will be wanting close to similar deals... i think if they are in the same ballpark there is no question Berrian would be a better fit!!!

steelcityrockers
01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Henderson had only so few catches because he was benched. He has THE worst hands of anyone I have ever seen. I think Bryant Johnson would be a better #3 guy anyway. Oh and I did change my favorite to Hackett who I forgot about.

SteelerFan87
01-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I want Javon Walker! lol