PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to post just this and bail for a bit...

suitanim
09-24-2006, 04:40 PM
The playcalling was fine.
The defense played well.
The offensive line played a great game.
The running game is excellent.
Ben is not anywhere near 100%
Coke should not be returning kicks, but we already knew that.
The sky is not falling.
We will still win our division.

The sky is NOT falling...repeat, the SKY IS NOT FALLING! When Ben gets back, we'll be back...we should have won today, and we didn't. There are 13 more games...we'll win most of them.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I like seeing all of the positive attitude suit. A lot of the people over on SF are panicing. I'm about ready to slap the lock button on a lot of them.

Koopa
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
over moderation is what makes forums no fun.........why do you leave when **** goes bad suit??? you did the same last year after three loses in a row......the play calling may have been fine but the decision making by cowher is what messed **** up

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Those are some really good points you made suit! Hopefully the Steelers can regroup on the bye and Ben can get rid of the funk he is currently in.

Prosdo
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Excellent post Suit. I couldn't have said it any better!

Friday133
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
suit, alot of good points bro. i was really encouraged by the play of the offensive line, i think they are really starting to gel. you're right, ben is nowhere newar 100%, his decision making is poor. i hope he gets a ton of reps over the next 2 weeks and is ready for san diego.

we beat ourselves today, the bengals played like ****. sam adams is a joke. really take away that momentum killing INT in the endzone early in the 2nd quarter and i think it would have been a different game.

PITT23
09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
The playcalling was not fine having Ben heave it when he's not fully healthy. He underthrew one very badly and throwing on the second drive where he got picked was also dumb.

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't think that long pass was a called play. Ben had all kinds of time on that one. He just made a bad decision in trying to throw it. If I remember right he did look at a couple of other places to throw first?

PITT23
09-24-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't think that long pass was a called play. Ben had all kinds of time on that one. He just made a bad decision in trying to throw it. If I remember right he did look at a couple of other places to throw first?
Right but if Willie is running well and we have time to run the clock down then throwing it doesnt seem like a logical ooption. Maybe have them all do 5-10 yard patterns but sending someone deep doesnt seem too brilliant.

I would also have to say that Ben needs to know his limits. If he knows he cant throw it that far then why even try?

Friday133
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
i believe when you have a running game like we do, you need to keep the defense honest and attempt passes downfield. i have ZERO problem with a play call that is a deep pass.

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
That's why I put more of the blame on him for that one. If it was a called play then I think it's time for Cowher to retire.....lol I think he was suppose to go short but didn't find anyone open, so instead of running he tried to force the ball again. I swear he is a big chicken to run the ball this year. He has had chances to make some good yardage but doesn't do it.

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
i believe when you have a running game like we do, you need to keep the defense honest and attempt passes downfield. i have ZERO problem with a play call that is a deep pass.

Yes you have to do that Friday but I really don't think this was suppose to be the case on that play. Did you see he even fell down after he threw that one?

PITT23
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Maybe he had so much time that he didnt know what to do. The offensive line gave him some of the best blocking I've seen in a football game since yesterday. (Yeah Tyler Palko had about 35 seconds to throw yesterday vs. The Citadel.) They looked so good today and the defensive line looked just as good.

Friday133
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
i agree SF. i think ben is trying to out think himself. suit is right, he's not 100%.

Prosdo
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
This bye week will be good for us. Ben can get on the same page as our WR's. Najeh can get some more time to learn the playbook and hopefully Willie Reid is practing punt returns. I don't want to see Coc back there.

House of Steel
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
I think we played very well today despite Ben's poor proformance and the special team messing up. Willie had a monster day and so did the Defense. I am encouraged by what we are witnessing, however, being two games back in the division will hurt a little, but don't forget Cincy is about to hit a major road block and Baltimore has yet to play us. I know damn well we are in the thick of things. WE WILL PREVAIL TO VICTORY AND GET OUR SHIP ON COURSE!!! Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

PITT23
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
I will defintly say that the Bengals are not better tah us, at least not yet. We should have won but we gave it to them. We wrapped it up and gave them a giant present and thats what pisses me off. Getting beat is one thing but getting beat by a team you had on the ropes 3 or more times is not acceptable.

Steelerlyn
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I will defintly say that the Bengals are not better tah us, at least not yet. We should have won but we gave it to them. We wrapped it up and gave them a giant present and thats what pisses me off. Getting beat is one thing but getting beat by a team you had on the ropes 3 or more times is not acceptable.

We have a few problems but we will work it out, Ben will again be BIG BEN and we will beat the Bungholes in their house on 12.31.06

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 08:33 PM
The sky is not falling but right now its hanging by one less support then what it was a couple weeks ago. We clearly have alot of work to do. This team is nowhere near where it needs to be. We are making poor decisions, not tackling consistenly, dropping interceptions, dropping passes.

And yes the play calling did suck...Willie was running well, so why not stick with it and atleast let Ben make the safe throws and get his confidence back little by little..these long balls, interceptions, and poorly thrown passes are not the way.

I will never give up hope, but I also know this team needs to get it in gear.

suitanim
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Alright...drank some beer last night, watched a movie and tried to put the game behind me. I feel better now...

As for the playcalling, the whole reason we won the super bowl last year was our balance, and catching people off guard with passing plays. The game plan yesterday was sound, and would have resulted in at least a two TD win if not for mistakes and turnovers...I think we just failed to execute. I'm not gonna bag on Ben too much, either. He contributed a great deal to the loss, but he's won us a lot of games, and will win us a lot more over his career. The bottom line: You can't blame the plays for the poor execution, you have to blame the players who didn't execute the plays.

So, there it is...we have a bye next week, and I'm ready for it. Thank God the season is 16 games long and not 3.

suitanim
09-25-2006, 09:29 AM
over moderation is what makes forums no fun.........why do you leave when **** goes bad suit??? you did the same last year after three loses in a row......the play calling may have been fine but the decision making by cowher is what messed **** up

I didn't leave after the losses, I left because that board was being overrun by trolls from other boards, and the inmates were running the asylum, and that was after the season was over.

And when I said "Bail" I meant for the night...I was too depressed to think much more about that atrocity of a loss...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
How in the world did this thread get on the topic of over moderation in the first place? :dunno:

Overrmoderating is a thing of the past from a totally different board. Things are different here :tt02:

Steelersfan
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I think we should give koopa his own personal mod. Someone to keep an eye on him here......lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:45 AM
That's a full time job, does it pay overtime? :lol:

Steelersfan
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
That's a full time job, does it pay overtime? :lol:

Nevermind, I don't think I could afford to pay anyone to be koopa's personal mod. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Maybe we could make a forum just for him and stick him in there let him do whatever he wants :lol:

Steelersfan
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
He might hurt himself if we do that and I don't want to be held liable.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:52 AM
I heard HOS was volunteering to be a mod for Koopa :greengrin:

Steelersfan
09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I heard HOS was volunteering to be a mod for Koopa :greengrin:

What! The two of them would together would have me :banging: !!!!

Sorry HoS and Koopa, just messing with ya!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah your right, bad idea :hilarious: