PDA

View Full Version : WTH happened to Jeff Reed

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
He had kicking in Heinz Field mastered. He was pretty much automatic going into this season no matter what the distance. Now this year he can't hit the broad side of a barn, and his kickoffs are terrible !!!

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Reed is, IMO, officially in a slump! He's been missing everything since preseason, it's time for him to get his head out of his *** as well or the Steelers need to start looking elsewhere for someone who can at least get the ball through the uprights.

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I still blame Cowher for that 48 yarder! No way in hell do you kick that at Heinz Field into the wind!!! I'd rather they threw a hail marry into endzone!
Reed had no choice but to kick it low or it never even comes close.

Koopa
09-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Reed is, IMO, officially in a slump! He's been missing everything since preseason, it's time for him to get his head out of his *** as well or the Steelers need to start looking elsewhere for someone who can at least get the ball through the uprights.

by slump you mean done right....if so i agree lol

House of Steel
09-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Time to look for a new kicker after this season. Can Gardocki kickoff and kick FGs?

Koopa
09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Time to look for a new kicker after this season. Can Gardocki kickoff and kick FGs?

he barely punts far i don't think he can kick fg or kickoffs

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
The worse thing is, Reed has made those kicks before at Heinz. Rain, Slow, Wind, he was on the money most every time. Now he can't hit anything with any consistency.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 09:47 PM
The worse thing is, Reed has made those kicks before at Heinz. Rain, Slow, Wind, he was on the money most every time. Now he can't hit anything with any consistency.

I think he should try to take a lot of kicks in practice to get his confidence back.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 09:51 PM
He needs to get over this mental block he's got because we can't have him leaving points on the board when we're counting on him.

I fully believe he can do it, I have faith in him, but he needs to do it soon !