PDA

View Full Version : With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Steelers select....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Here's your chance, according to NFL.com we are picking 23rd in the 1st round go tell us who your first round pick is and why based on who you think will be available to us when we choose. Don't worry about round 2 or anything else, just give us your 1st round choice. I haven't decided mine yet but I'll post it up soon.

K Train
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
if its 23rd...which i dont think it will be when one of these lineman sweep our coaches off their feet and thet trade up.

I want Chris Williams....pass blocking machine in the toughest conference in college football, a conference known for rare talent on the defensive lines...only allowing like 2 sacks in his career is incredible

MDSteel15
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
The more I read about him, the more I like Williams, BUT I think he will be there at 23 so we should stay put. I'll go with Train on this one....

K Train
01-21-2008, 10:54 PM
im saying trade up if clady is still there around 15 or 16...williams will be there at 23

steelerfan11
01-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Not saying i don't want williams...but what about Jeff Otah out of Pitt....or Dan Connor LB out of PSU...i hate PSU but he is a good linebacker.

I would prefer to go OL first and second round though...i am just throwin some names out.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
not sure how accurate this site is or if it's just someones opinion but they have Chris Williams at #45 overall..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/

MDSteel15
01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
#45 doesn't mean anything. It all has to do with team needs on the 1st day IMO....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-22-2008, 01:17 AM
if its 23rd...which i dont think it will be when one of these lineman sweep our coaches off their feet and thet trade up.

I want Chris Williams....pass blocking machine in the toughest conference in college football, a conference known for rare talent on the defensive lines...only allowing like 2 sacks in his career is incredible

I couldn't have said it better myself....I'm Dan Nicksich aka BGF32 and I support this post......:yellowthumb:

I'm a huge fan of Ryan Clady but why trade up when Chris Williams who is a better pass protector Clady more then likely will be there when the Steelers pick in the first round....Williams is the type of LT that I have been screaming for year for the Steelers to draft.....He isn't the run blocker Clady is but he can improve in his run blocking.....As Ktrain stated already Williams is beast in pass protecting and that will put a smile on Big Ben's face....Which will lead to more TD passes from Ben instead of always ending up on his back...lol

So with the 23rd pick in the first round the Steelers select LT Chris Williams.........:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Not saying i don't want williams...but what about Jeff Otah out of Pitt....or Dan Connor LB out of PSU...i hate PSU but he is a good linebacker.

I would prefer to go OL first and second round though...i am just throwin some names out.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
not sure how accurate this site is or if it's just someones opinion but they have Chris Williams at #45 overall..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/

Jeff Otah is a very good football player and really is still coming into his own as a football player....If he is picked trust me I won't bitch at all if Otah is drafted....I just prefer Chris Williams since he is proven as a LT.....Otah right now is a RT which doesn't mean he can't play LT....

As for Dan Connor........Why in the hell would the Steelers draft him in the first round?...They just spent a first and a second round pick on LBs last year....Sorry but noway this team spends another first round pick on a LB....Plus can Connor play in a 3-4? He won't play OLB so it will be at ILB...Which I'm sure he could but he seems to be the typical 4-3 MLB......

BlackGold4vr
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM

:yellowthumb:

I am with you on that pick K-train. This is the "franchise" protector that we need for Ben. If we were lucky enough to snag Williams I would want him to take over at LT and move Marvel over to RT.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-22-2008, 01:22 AM
:yellowthumb:

I am with you on that pick K-train. This is the "franchise" protector that we need for Ben. If we were lucky enough to snag Williams I would want him to take over at LT and move Marvel over to RT.

Well yea they will move Smith to RT if Williams is drafted....I have said for years Smith is better suited for RT....Really if we fans can see how obvious that Williams should be our first round pick I can only pray that Tomlin/Colbert see it......With the depth at OT in this draft Williams should be there at 23.......Not unless he really shoots up the draft board......

darnik44
01-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Right now there are alot of way they could go, here's a few players to keep an eye on. Right now I would expect the 23rd pick to be one of these players.

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
Sam Baker, OT, USC
Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

Pat Sims, DE/NT, Auburn
Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina

Koopa
01-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Right now there are alot of way they could go, here's a few players to keep an eye on. Right now I would expect the 23rd pick to be one of these players.

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
Sam Baker, OT, USC
Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

Pat Sims, DE/NT, Auburn
Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina

i know this has nothing to do with this post or thread, but i never saw you again after last year........ so now i'll say i told you so lol......... i told you we wouldn't go after that bum of a player Adam Carriker or one of the bum *** corner backs :lol:

now to the post........**** limas sweed......that is all

darnik44
01-22-2008, 02:29 AM
i know this has nothing to do with this post or thread, but i never saw you again after last year........ so now i'll say i told you so lol......... i told you we wouldn't go after that bum of a player Adam Carriker or one of the bum *** corner backs :lol:

now to the post........**** limas sweed......that is all

Where you been? Carriker was long gone and the Steelers were taking Revis until the Jets traded up. Now look, Timmons wasn't in camp two weeks and the Steelers call a press conference to say he wasn't working out at OLB like they hoped, and he was moving to ILB. He rarely touched the field, overall bad pick. Apparently you didn't watch the draft or any games.

Koopa
01-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Where you been? Carriker was long gone and the Steelers were taking Revis until the Jets traded up. Now look, Timmons wasn't in camp two weeks and the Steelers call a press conference to say he wasn't working out at OLB like they hoped, and he was moving to ILB. He rarely touched the field, overall bad pick. Apparently you didn't watch the draft or any games.

he wasn't long gone, if we truely wanted him i'm sure we could've traded up to get him, it was only 2 picks before us.......and if we truely wanted revis i'm sure we could've traded, but since those two players are bum *** hoes, we didn't

and if you didn't notice, the guy timmons was backing up is the starter for this years pro bowl team, so of course he won't work out at OLB, and that's the good thing about him, he's good enough to go inside....... don't tell me you are one of those retards that think just because he didn't start he was a waste...... when the dude was on the field he made plays, he killed ricky williams and was instinctive enough to get to that fumble....... plus they said from the start that he was gonna get his playing time on special teams.......

BlackGold4vr
01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Well yea they will move Smith to RT if Williams is drafted....I have said for years Smith is better suited for RT....Really if we fans can see how obvious that Williams should be our first round pick I can only pray that Tomlin/Colbert see it......With the depth at OT in this draft Williams should be there at 23.......Not unless he really shoots up the draft board......

The offensive linemen worked most by themselves on Monday, except for 11-on-11. But one lineman that impressed me was Vanderbilt’s Chris Williams (6-foot-6, 317 pounds). He’s a massive body, but he’s lean, has long arms and moved well laterally. He did a nice job during one-on-one drills handling Georgia Tech end Darrell Robertson (6-foot-4, 245), a player some project as a 3-4 pass rusher. With those big arms, he’s going to be capable of getting separation as a left tackle on most NFL defensive ends.

This is our guy! I don't care if they have to give away another second day pick to get him. Please, let's not just settle for whatever falls into our lap. Make some moves and go after this guy. Currently he is ranked by scout.com as the second tackle taken after only Jake Long. Scout .com have him ranked as the 17th overall prospect. We will have the 23rd or 24th pick. He could fall to us or NOT.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Williams hands down.... i would personally have the better pass blocker at LT and move Marvel to the RT... bump Colon down to guard.... Then we could take a C in the third... then we have Mahan, Simmons and Chris K competing for Fanecas spot, leaving the other 2 as quality back ups!!!! With Faneca gone we are freeing up money to go out and get Berrian (dreaming) and keep Starxx!!! Our o line would be deep with experienced starters at every back up position on the line!!! Then, we could take the ECU running back as a posible #2 def. 3rd down back and KR/PR!!!!

K Train
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
why do you want that midget berrian?

im happy you ALL agree with me on williams lol

Sam Baker is a bum *** bitch and i hate all usc fags.

If somehow we didnt go tackle in the first round...theres like 4 players i wouldnt be furious if we drafted....Kelly, Talib, and jones....thats it....and thats if some grace of god all the tackles fly off the board. the only first round tackle i wouldnt draft is Baker.....Otah, Cherilus, Williams, Clady are all options imo.

i also like me some heath benedict and barry richardson in the next rounds if we dont go tackle in round one.

btw...anyone hear anything about marvel? i heard it might have been worse than thought

BlackGold4vr
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM

I don't want to argue over the finders fee. :lol: I have never seen Williams play. My 3 picks located in the scout.com thread were based on my own personal research on the position players that I felt we needed. Tackle is the deepest position this year in the draft as far as O-line goes. Williams sounds like a better option to me than even Jake Long. Would love to have em!

I still like my other two picks as well:

Philip Merling, DE, 6-5, 280, Clemson (with the 54th overall pick)

Cliff Avril, DE (LB), 6-3, 255, Purdue (with the 85th overall pick)

darnik44
01-22-2008, 01:04 PM
he wasn't long gone, if we truely wanted him i'm sure we could've traded up to get him, it was only 2 picks before us.......and if we truely wanted revis i'm sure we could've traded, but since those two players are bum *** hoes, we didn't

and if you didn't notice, the guy timmons was backing up is the starter for this years pro bowl team, so of course he won't work out at OLB, and that's the good thing about him, he's good enough to go inside....... don't tell me you are one of those retards that think just because he didn't start he was a waste...... when the dude was on the field he made plays, he killed ricky williams and was instinctive enough to get to that fumble....... plus they said from the start that he was gonna get his playing time on special teams.......

I don't even thingk you watch football. First off Timmons didn't and doesn't back-up James Harrison because Timmons had to move inside. Mike Tomlin laid this all out in a training camp press conference. Revis was #1 on the Steelers board, Carriker was #2, and Timmons #3. The Steelers, and nobody for that matter expected the Jets to trade way up and jump one spot in front of the Steelers. They felt like he would be there so they passed on trying to trade up for Carriker becuase they thought they would get Revis at 15. I saw Timmons with my own eyes at training camp. I saw how he struggled, and I also saw how he was frustrating the coaching staff becuase he couldn't grasp anything.

Koopa
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't even thingk you watch football. First off Timmons didn't and doesn't back-up James Harrison because Timmons had to move inside. Mike Tomlin laid this all out in a training camp press conference. Revis was #1 on the Steelers board, Carriker was #2, and Timmons #3. The Steelers, and nobody for that matter expected the Jets to trade way up and jump one spot in front of the Steelers. They felt like he would be there so they passed on trying to trade up for Carriker becuase they thought they would get Revis at 15. I saw Timmons with my own eyes at training camp. I saw how he struggled, and I also saw how he was frustrating the coaching staff becuase he couldn't grasp anything.

he's moving him inside next season, this year, he was harrison's back up..... he never once played inside this year from what i saw, and tomlin just barely said he'll be trying timmons out inside for next season......from the very beginning they said woodly would back up haggans, and timmons would back up harrison.. and that timmons would have to get his playing time on special teams... you saw timmons that had a hurt groin in training camp......... anyway, like i said, i was right and you were wrong..... and you'll be wrong again, cause from wish list sig you got there, nothing but bums you have us getting

steelcitysfinestXL
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
why do you want that midget berrian?

Sam Baker is a bum *** bitch and i hate all usc fags.

than thought

LOL, i like Berrian cause at 6'1'' he'd be a giant in our WR corps!! Plus he could show Nate how a guy his size SHOULD be playing... LOL!!!

Like I said when we all first started talking about this i liked the raw ability of Otah and Williams because of his sack stats and playing in the SEC!!! The more i thought about it, i realized i would rather have a pass-pro type guy cause that kinda footwork is hard to teach!!!

I still hope/pray we look in the 2nd or third at Chris Johnson out of ECU!!! a Jones-Drew type guy w/ equal or more power, more speed and great hands!!!! Plus, hes a top flight KR/PR with only one fumble all season. Depending on how RBs go this guy may be around in the 3rd!

darnik44
01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
he's moving him inside next season, this year, he was harrison's back up..... he never once played inside this year from what i saw, and tomlin just barely said he'll be trying timmons out inside for next season......from the very beginning they said woodly would back up haggans, and timmons would back up harrison.. and that timmons would have to get his playing time on special teams... you saw timmons that had a hurt groin in training camp......... anyway, like i said, i was right and you were wrong..... and you'll be wrong again, cause from wish list sig you got there, nothing but bums you have us getting

You are absolutely wrong. They had a freakin press conference to announce he would be moving to ILB. This took during training camp. You never saw him play inside, becuase you never saw him play. He played a few snaps against Miami and that's it. Other than that he was only on the field for special teams. How were you right and I was wrong? Anyone who knows anything about last years draft knows Revis was the Steelers #1 prospect and they were going to take him. The Jets came out of no where and jumped right in front of the Steelers and took him. Apparently you watched none of the draft and very, very few Steelers games this year because everything you've said is incorrect.

Koopa
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
You are absolutely wrong. They had a freakin press conference to announce he would be moving to ILB. This took during training camp. You never saw him play inside, becuase you never saw him play. He played a few snaps against Miami and that's it. Other than that he was only on the field for special teams. How were you right and I was wrong? Anyone who knows anything about last years draft knows Revis was the Steelers #1 prospect and they were going to take him. The Jets came out of no where and jumped right in front of the Steelers and took him. Apparently you watched none of the draft and very, very few Steelers games this year because everything you've said is incorrect.

how come you are the first person to ever to say this about training camp??? never once did i hear anything about them moving him inside until after the season, i read every transcript during training camp and never read that, unless you get some secret press conference that no one on this site gets you are full of ****..... and there's a member here that post all his sirus satellite interviews and never once did i read what you keep insisting was said, it wasn't until this month i've ever read he was moving him inside

i was right that we wouldn't get those bums while you kept insisting we will, that's how, regardless of what happened, i was right that will will go linebacker and that timmons would be our pick....... maybe they wanted those 2 guys over timmons, but they got the guy i said they would

darnik44
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
how come you are the first person to ever to say this about training camp??? never once did i hear anything about them moving him inside until after the season, i read every transcript during training camp and never read that, unless you get some secret press conference that no one on this site gets you are full of shiat..... and there's a member here that post all his sirus satellite interviews and never once did i read what you keep insisting was said, it wasn't until this month i've ever read he was moving him inside

i was right that we wouldn't get those bums while you kept insisting we will, that's how, regardless of what happened, i was right that will will go linebacker and that timmons would be our pick....... maybe they wanted those 2 guys over timmons, but they got the guy i said they would

scroll down and read the news wire from 11/15.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56416

You calling Revis a bum tells me you don't own a T.V. Again, Revis was there guy, ask anyone with any knowledge of last years draft and they'll tell you they wanted Revis.

I'll try and find more info for you.

Koopa
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt, and i only watch UT for college, and i didn't want us to go corner since we didn't need it....... and that's the first i've ever read timmons has been practicing at ILB........ i still don't believe it, cause that's just some retard writing lol, and when i saw him he was playing outside against miami

Black@Gold Forever32
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt, and i only watch UT for college, and i didn't want us to go corner since we didn't need it....... and that's the first i've ever read timmons has been practicing at ILB........ i still don't believe it, cause that's just some retard writing lol, and when i saw him he was playing outside against miami

Revis is a good football player.....He can return punts also...Thats a glaring need on this team right now...lol

As for Darnik 44.....Koopa bashes his Longhorns also so if he called Revis a bum so what...I have heard him say the same thing about many Texas players...lol

darnik44
01-22-2008, 10:39 PM

The retard that wrote that is one of the most reputable draft scouts in America. He actually plays a huge part in coming up with the NFL combine invitee list. It's an absolute fact Timmons was quickly moved inside because physically he isn't a 3-4 OLB. I said that a year ago. I guarantee if the Steelers could have a do-over pick, it wouldn't be Timmons. Bottom line, when you draft a guy 15th overall and give him $15 million in guaranteed money he better have more than 4 special teams tackles in his rookie year.

Koopa
01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
The retard that wrote that is one of the most reputable draft scouts in America. He actually plays a huge part in coming up with the NFL combine invitee list. It's an absolute fact Timmons was quickly moved inside because physically he isn't a 3-4 OLB. I said that a year ago. I guarantee if the Steelers could have a do-over pick, it wouldn't be Timmons. Bottom line, when you draft a guy 15th overall and give him $15 million in guaranteed money he better have more than 4 special teams tackles in his rookie year.

he did, he had 11 solo tackles lol......... i just think ppl are giving up on him way to quick....... next year he'll make more of an impact since they'll be forced to play him cause of the money he's getting............. who would they pick at 15 though if they did a do over and revis and that other bum was still gone?? well i'd have picked spencer, but not sure who else would've been worth picking at 15

MDSteel15
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
he did, he had 11 solo tackles lol......... i just think ppl are giving up on him way to quick....... next year he'll make more of an impact since they'll be forced to play him cause of the money he's getting............. who would they pick at 15 though if they did a do over and revis and that other bum was still gone?? well i'd have picked spencer, but not sure who else would've been worth picking at 15

They should have taken Harris! Who ended up as a darn Jet! That would have cured our long-term ILB problem for this draft also....

steelcityrockers
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt,

That is retarded. Like, really, really retarded. He is far from a bum. He was probably the Jets 3rd best DB after their safeties. He had some bad plays but not much more than the normal rookie.

I am assuming Timmons should be better this year and get more playing time. If anything else, he was one of our better special-teamers.

To reply back to the original topic, I suppose that with the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Steelers select Chris William OT Vanderbilt. I hate to agree with everyone else, but he seems to be the most solid pick.

TEEMONT
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Timmons is listed as the back-up ROLB on Steelers.com.

darnik44
01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Timmons is listed as the back-up ROLB on Steelers.com.

Doesn't matter, Tomlin isn't the webmaster I don't think...

TEEMONT
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Doesn't matter, Tomlin isn't the webmaster I don't think...

Yeah but Tomlin gives them the info. I remember the press conference in Training Camp, but I don't recall ever seeing Timmons anywhere but the outside. Steelers.com is usually pretty accurate as to where players are listed.

He is also listed as the back-up on nfl.com, which is updated pretty frequently seeing as Najeh is listed as the #1 RB.

K Train
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
timmons was hardly a wasted pick....just wait to see what he can do before saying **** like that

steelerfan11
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
if you compare timmons to woodley then he is a wasted pick. woodley had a great rookie season and proved he belongs...whereas timmons was injured a lot after being drafted but he did make a few plays. We do however have to wait till he gets more playing time to determine if he is a bust or not.

darnik44
01-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Bottom line, when the 15th pick and a guy who got $15 million guaranteed money rarely touches the field it was a bad pick. It was definitly a reach. I don't care what any website depth chart that didn't get the info straight from Tomlin (which believe me is the case) says, Timmons only spent 2 or 3 weeks at OLB. He's only 6-1, James Harrison is an exception to the ht. rule for 3-4 OLB's. Timmons will battle for Larry Foote's job next year. Number 1, I didn't realize Foote needed replace, and 2 I highly doubt Timmons beats Foote out. So it looks like year 2 will be on special teams as well. I honestly hope I'm wrong about him though. I saw him with my own eyes at training camp running around like a chick with it's head cut off, and the coaches throwing their arms up in the air.

Koopa
01-23-2008, 01:02 AM
why do you focus so much on the money, him getting paid don't effect your pocket so who cares, he was a rookie that came in behind a starting pro bowler, so of course he wasn't gonna touch the field, it wasn't until recently that tomlin decided his future was at ILB, i know you have make believe press conferences from training camp that say other wise, but every time he played in teh game he was lined up outside......... simmons practed at center sometimes, does that make him a center?? no, same goes with timmons

darnik44
01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
why do you focus so much on the money, him getting paid don't effect your pocket so who cares, he was a rookie that came in behind a starting pro bowler, so of course he wasn't gonna touch the field, it wasn't until recently that tomlin decided his future was at ILB, i know you have make believe press conferences from training camp that say other wise, but every time he played in teh game he was lined up outside......... simmons practed at center sometimes, does that make him a center?? no, same goes with timmons

Sounds like you've never heard of the salary cap...

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I think they REALLY wanted Timmons to play outside... if we knew he was gonna play ILB then IMO Paul Poz would have been a better pick.... maybe im just biased cause he is Pittsburgh Born and raised, played at PSU (linebacker U) and if i recall he was still available when we picked! I cant wait to see what Timmons can/will do and i have little doubt that he will shine here... but im a lil shakey on this move to ILB, Poz would have been a better choice in my very biased opinion!!!

Forged in Steel
01-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Who is even going to be in the Draft this year? I don't know of really anyone. I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the boring 2005 Draft.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
This draft is kinda crazy... 8 linemen in the top 15, 1 qb!!! Except McFadden you may have never even ehard of the RB's this year in the top 25, while guys like Steve Slaton who looked like a Hiesman/ top 5 pick in '06, probley slide out of the 1st and 2nd round!!! He was out rushed by his QB and outshined by his freshmen back up!!! This draft is not gonna be for those who want to see the big name skill players and where they go!!! Not in the first round atleast!!! I cant wait for round 2-4!!!

K Train
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Timmons is a far better athlete than poz...poz is a run stuffing LB in a 4-3...he could play MLB in a 34 but timmons is far more versatile and better in coverage and a much better pass rusher.

and were not paying timmons very much money, especially for a 15th overall pick....steelers dont give out many big time rookie contracts....hes not a wasted pick and i think your a retard is you expect a rookie to come right in and light it up just cause he was a number one pick....some do, some dont....woodley being such an animal made it easy to not rush timmons in

steelcitysfinestXL
01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Timmons is a far better athlete than poz...poz is a run stuffing LB in a 4-3...he could play MLB in a 34 but timmons is far more versatile and better in coverage and a much better pass rusher.

and were not paying timmons very much money, especially for a 15th overall pick....steelers dont give out many big time rookie contracts....hes not a wasted pick and i think your a retard is you expect a rookie to come right in and light it up just cause he was a number one pick....some do, some dont....woodley being such an animal made it easy to not rush timmons in

Im not gonna be one of those people who says "well you never watched Poz play" cause i dont know you like that!!! Poz played on some pretty average PSU teams minus the 2006 season when they were a 1 loss team... the dude is an absolute animal!!! He is always around the ball like a Ray Lewis type !! (only Ray Lew gets credit for tackles for pilling on at the end) His coverage skills are not as good as Timmons but i think Timmons has a rare ability in that area. Poz would be starting over Foote next year, im not sure Timmons is gonna be able to say that baring an injury at ILB, just my :2cents: I think a dude like that loses credibilty playing for PSU... due to their lack of pro success esp. at QB, RB and WR!!!! Like i said im biased cause i watched the dude in HS, Col. and now pro... but im sure he's gonna be a probowl type player in the next 2 seasons, i hope i can say the same about Lawrence Timmons the ILB.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I really didn't want the Steelers to draft Timmons....But after he was drafted I like the fact he has speed and can hit......I think he has the skills to be a very good football player and moving inside probably is the best move for him....I would be worried with Timmons at OLB going against LTs and facing double teams at times.....He would be considered small at OLB in a 3-4 defense...I know Greg Lloyd was only 225 pounds when he played and he was lighter then Timmons...But Lloyd was nasty and just mean...lol He also had that killer drive to be good....So thats why Lloyd was a monster as a 3-4 OLB...

I think we will see Timmons play some OLB at times also but mostly he will probably plays inside....

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Poz will be ok in the NFL but he has limited upside. He will only be good as a 4-3 LB. Timmons has much more upside and he has terrific athleticism. I do not understand why people are giving up on him after 1 SEASON!!!! He was injured and therefore missed his opprotunity to achieve top back-up status.

JoeThomas
01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Seeing as my Browns dont have a pick I guess I could speculate on yours, hehe. this would be the perfect year to take a Guard to replace Faneca. Also Id look at Corner and Running Back. Something tells me Parker is breaking down and this draft has a good number of High Quality RB's

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Corner is a need but not a huge one. If a top-tier guy like Antoine Cason were to fall to them in the 1st I would have no problem with them drafting him. Guard and tackle are much more pressing needs, as is center but the best guys are only average. I would take a late-round flyer on a RB with some upside like Omar Cuff or BenJarvus Green-Ellis (whose name is f-king awesome). Gary Russell is still on the roster and has some potential.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Poz will be ok in the NFL but he has limited upside. He will only be good as a 4-3 LB. Timmons has much more upside and he has terrific athleticism. I do not understand why people are giving up on him after 1 SEASON!!!! He was injured and therefore missed his opprotunity to achieve top back-up status.

What do you just go around debating everythiing i say... More upside, doubtful... where did you see all this upside at the one year this dude was a starter at FSU?!?!?! I like the "Upside" of Timmons too!!! He has speed, and um... well thats all i have seen of Lawrence Timmons!!! Dude played well in his time at FSU, but i dont get where you are basing him having more upside than Poz at ILB... here

By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY
INDIANAPOLIS Paul Posluszny can't stop laughing.
It is a nervous, respectful cackle but telling nonetheless as the Penn State linebacker engages with the media during the NFL scouting combine.

Posluszny nicknamed "Poz" has been reminded of that compliment again.

Jack Ham has said Posluszny is Penn State's greatest linebacker.

Live up to that, kid.

If you dont listen to me listen to a great PSU/Steeler LB in Jack Ham...
Poz is a 2 time Bednarik award winner... enough said!!!

Im not giving up on Timmons, but he WAS drafted to play OLB incase Harrison didnt work out. Now that Silverback has cemented his spot and Woodley has looked very good in limited action, Timmons, who we have ALOT of stock in, has to be given an oppurtunity to start and the "weakest" of our 4 lbs is Foote. So thats where Timmons is gonna have to earn his paycheck barring a injury to a OLB!!!! My point is when we drafted it was to play a 3-4 OLB, Poz would not be as effective as Timmons as a OLB in a 3-4... but in my estimation (which dont mean shiat) Poz hands down is a gonna be a better middle LB than timmons in the NFL!!!

K Train
01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
penn state linebackers always suck each others dicks....poz was the greatest ever!!!....until dan conor lol

steelcityrockers
01-25-2008, 05:27 PM
And Sean Lee

Anyway, Poz would be a much worse fit at 3-4 ILB (not MLB) than Timmons.

Plus, awards earned in college mean abosolutely nothing in the NFL.

buccaneers#1fan
01-26-2008, 10:25 PM
with the 23rd pick in the draft steelers pick jeff otah ot from pitt. i belive the bucs will pick desean jackson wr cal in the 20th overall pick.i think baker or clady would of been picked but clady will go 12th to denver and baker will go 16th.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
i just hope kevin smith out of ucf is still around in late rounds. so the bucs can snag him

MDSteel15
02-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Gosder Cherilus!!! I know I know, he's a right tackle... And he is a beast of one! Why can't we take him if Williams and Otah are gone? Just look:

1st Gosder Cherilus RT BC
2nd Anthony Collins LT Kansas
3rd Roy Schuening G Tennessee
4th Kevin Smith RB UCF or Davone Bess WR Hawaii or Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin
5th Doug Legursky C Marshall
6th Ben Moffitt ILB USF
FA Mario Urrutia WR Louisville 6'6"

These are even the rounds(or close to) in which these guys are predited to go! What an offensive line for the immidiate future!!! Pick up "Tall" WR and other needs.... What does everyone think? Come on K-Train and Koopa, let me have it.....

K Train
02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
i would lover cherilus, hate collins, shuening would be good value there, im not sure legursky is mobile enough to play center for us, i think in the 4th there will be better RBs and WRs, i do like davone bess though

steelcityrockers
02-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Gosder Cherilus!!! I know I know, he's a right tackle... And he is a beast of one! Why can't we take him if Williams and Otah are gone? Just look:

1st Gosder Cherilus RT BC
2nd Anthony Collins LT Kansas
3rd Roy Schuening G Tennessee
4th Kevin Smith RB UCF or Davone Bess WR Hawaii or Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin
5th Doug Legursky C Marshall
6th Ben Moffitt ILB USF
FA Mario Urrutia WR Louisville 6'6"

These are even the rounds(or close to) in which these guys are predited to go! What an offensive line for the immidiate future!!! Pick up "Tall" WR and other needs.... What does everyone think? Come on K-Train and Koopa, let me have it.....

Cherilus will probably be the 2nd tackle drafted (i.e. before pick#23) Williams is probably best bet. I am not a huge fan of Kevin Smith but if he is there in the 4th I wouldn't mind if we got him. I do not like Moffit.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
i would lover cherilus, hate collins, shuening would be good value there, im not sure legursky is mobile enough to play center for us, i think in the 4th there will be better RBs and WRs, i do like davone bess though

Legursky will be better then Mahan.....lol Thats all I care about.....I also think Legursky has as much upside as the top centers in this draft class.....Yes the Steelers ask their centers to pull and thats not a strength for Legursky....But the dude is strong as hell and has a mean streak....He has the stones to handle the huge NTs in the NFL....:yellowthumb:

Chris Williams in the first or I'm going to be pissed...lol I don't mind Cherilus though...

MDSteel15
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Cherilus will probably be the 2nd tackle drafted (i.e. before pick#23) Williams is probably best bet. I am not a huge fan of Kevin Smith but if he is there in the 4th I wouldn't mind if we got him. I do not like Moffit.

You are crazy if you think Cherilus is going to be the 2nd tackle taken! :hilarious:

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I know everyone, including me, wants Chris Williams but I don't think we are picking hi enough to get him. He is moving up fast and Carolina and Chicago like him a lot! A lot of teams need a new LT this year....

K Train
02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
chicago wants otah....i can feel it, im thinkning we will trade up if we have to

JoeThomas
02-13-2008, 07:43 PM
id say pitt needs the best player available that isnt a QB or RB. with CB and OL tops on the list.

MDSteel15
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
OK so what if Carolina takes him? You have Carolina, Chicago, Washington, KC, Denver and Arizona who all are looking for tackle help! Not to mention the top 4 teams need OT also....

K Train
02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
id say pitt needs the best player available that isnt a QB or RB. with CB and OL tops on the list.

what makes you think were so set at RB?

if the top guys are taken we will definitely have other options available, thes alot of badass olineman that will be there in the second too, but im telling you were never shy about trading up

steelcitysfinestXL
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
just about every "professional" mock i have seen has Williams in the top 15, us taking Otah, and Cherilus fallingto the in the second... although after his senior bowl week Gosder has oved into the 1st round in couple updated mocks. i have only seen him in the first after we took Otah!!! I like cherilus as a right or left tackle!!! If by some stretch we do sign Faneca we could move Colon to RG and all we have to do is get a C in the 3rd... leavin Chris Johnson in the second for a depth at RB and a solid return man!!!

GoBenGo
02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
GOSDER...........cool name...very linemanesque

steelcitysfinestXL
02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
i know, i think he was born to be a bookend!!! lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2008, 07:14 AM
If there is a year that we trade up it could be this one. We're just on the cusp of being on the wrong end of the top lineman and if they really feel we need the help there, which I hope to God they realize this, then trading up offering some picks this year and next year is a real possibility.

MDSteel15
02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I believe that may be a "have to" situation. Now it seems everyone is targeting the same O-linemen we are.

steelcitysfinestXL
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I dont know i think since the senior bowl more tackles have been put in consideration... but there is some talent that could slip to the second round.... I would hate to see us move up for anyoneless than Chris Williams because i think Cherilus an Otah will be available!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I think you'll see some low teams REALLY trying to shop their picks hard if we can get aggressive and work out a deal to get to Williams or even Clady... i'd be happy as hell

K Train
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
cherilus will be there otah will go top 15

steelcitysfinestXL
02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Man, Otah has been rising all year... I really dont see a need to move up to get him... i like Cherilus at the 23 alot... good value and he fills a def need as a versitile lineman!!! I'd look for us to make moves in the third and/or fourth to get the C,G or even RB or WR/KR,PR positions filled

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I'd like to see us target Chris Johnson RB/ KR from ECU... dude has amazine speed and fluent moves.. and for his size he runs right through arm tackles... Mayoch thinks of hi as a top 5 RB and believes he will be around late 2nd and into the 3rd easily!!! I know running back isnt in our top 2or3 priorities but we need depth and a return man... look at matt spaeth last year... i can see us taking this dude in the 3rd if he is available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGztl7-PlLA

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Chris Johnson.....I have talked about him in the past.....We need a return man big time and he will fill that need...Plus he can play RB and also can play some WR....However I think we will have to draft him in the 2nd....I don't see him falling to the 3rd round....I think he is a mid to late 2nd round pick with the potential to move into the late first....

steelcitysfinestXL
02-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Man, im just thinking when he goes to the combine and runs in the low 4.3's teams are gonna be lining up to draft this dude... i would love to see us make a move for another 2nd round pick and get him... great hands, good ball security and he has the ability go go the distance anytime he touches the rock!!!

kgreen
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Brandon Albert!