PDA

View Full Version : NFL...No Fun League

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
These BS penalities for TD celebrations are just so trivial ! I mean comon, let em have some fun.

I can see the whole cell phone thing that Joe Horn did before, that was just dumb, but when the players dance around and have fun and then you penalize them for making a TouchDown ??? Gimme a break !! That rule needs to be rethought IMO !

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
They were talking about this during the Steelers game today... They said the NFL does want to allow the players to celebrate but the problem is others don't know where to draw the line and then it gets out of control... I'm all for celebrations but pulling props out of the goal post is going overboard.

Best one I've seen was TO signing the ball and giving it to a fan... some call it egotistical, but I thought it was pretty good! :bigthumb:

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 06:21 PM
They were talking about this during the Steelers game today... They said the NFL does want to allow the players to celebrate but the problem is others don't know where to draw the line and then it gets out of control... I'm all for celebrations but pulling props out of the goal post is going overboard.

Best one I've seen was TO signing the ball and giving it to a fan... some call it egotistical, but I thought it was pretty good! :bigthumb:

I also thought that was pretty funny myself AZ. Even some of the stupid dances they do are funny.
The key is that you can't call it on some and not others though. Some guys would just take it too far so the only fair way is to not allow them. Bottom line is the players know the rules and it cost them. Same thing with Logan. Wait until you get to the sideline and then celebrate!

RoethlisbergerRules
09-24-2006, 10:56 PM
i agree with you i think that its dumb that they can have a little fun hell they just scored a touchdown if that was me i would have them all the time. I thought it was dumb today how that got it for bumping wrists. How bad is that. Next they are not going to be able to slap high fives either. Bunch of crap :ban1: :wtf:

House of Steel
09-24-2006, 10:59 PM
:iagree:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2006, 11:05 PM
There are alot of rules that are judgement calls, so why not make this a judgement call? Pass interference is a judgement call they make every week.

Lay down the guidelines on what celebrations are acceptable and which ones are not. If they are broke, you get a penalty. It's up the officials to make the call on the field what's ok and what isnt. Hell, review the damn celebrations if you have too..just let the players have some fun :greengrin:

Steelersfan
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Oh now! Not the review of them! I don't want to see Chad doing the chicken dance 10 times to see if he broke the rules......lol

House of Steel
09-24-2006, 11:27 PM
OH HELL NO!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I knew that would get a good reaction :lol: :lol:

suitanim
09-25-2006, 10:48 AM
What Parker did after the TD was hardly a huge celebration...that was a BS call, as was the taunting call on Logan. There's a huge difference between touching elbows after a score and the ridiculous self-centered nonsense that TO and Chad Johnson perpetrate every week (Well, not every week, eh Chad?)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
and I was so looking forward to seeing a Steel City rendition of the chicken dance from Chad :rolleyes: :smashbengals:

PITT23
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Well on the first one with Parker it was mainly Haynes' fault. He wasnt even on the field for the play but he ran down to the endzone just to celebrate.

Steelersfan
09-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Good point Pitt23, I never even thought of that. I wonder if that was the main reason they called it because it wasn't really bad.

SteelerFan87
09-26-2006, 01:44 AM
There's a huge difference between touching elbows after a score and the ridiculous self-centered nonsense that TO and Chad Johnson perpetrate every week (Well, not every week, eh Chad?)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OOOWWNNEDD!! :rofl:

But anyway, yeah, I think the problem was that Haynes ran onto the field, from the sideline, to celebrate. He should have just waited untill Parker got off the field.