PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read!

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said Wednesday he never considered firing coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney, and is convinced the duo can put the struggling franchise back in the playoffs.

In a rare meeting with reporters, Richardson confirmed the two men will return next season, but suggested the team will make many personnel moves after consecutive non-winning seasons.

"I asked them what they thought they wanted our football team to look like," Richardson said. "They told me and I said it's real important that we all agree. We agreed."

Richardson said the plan involves emulating the hard-nosed style of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"You know how I feel about the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rooney family," Richardson said. "I would like for the Carolina Panthers and our team, and our work, and the way we operate our team, to emulate the Pittsburgh Steelers -- and John and Marty know that."

K Train
01-17-2008, 10:49 PM
they want give up special teams touchdowns? lol

yinzer
01-17-2008, 11:19 PM
they want a crappy *** O line? lol

TampaSteelGirl
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I actually take that as a compliment! :tt02:

floodcitygirl
01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I actually take that as a compliment! :tt02:I agree.....quite a compliment.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2008, 11:49 PM
The Rooney's are the most respected owners in the league hands down. When they speak people listen, they've been around for decades, they stay true to their values and they don't buck the system that has gotten them to where they are today.

that being said Carolina is more than welcome to have our special teams, offensive line, and backup defensive lineman if they like :lol:

LatrobePA
01-18-2008, 12:40 AM
they want give up special teams touchdowns? lol

LMAO!! :greengrin:

steelersgal86
01-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I actually take that as a compliment! :tt02:

:iagree: :yellowthumb:

AZ_Steeler
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
This could go on and on with all of our complaints but obviously only the fans notice the flaws and like to point them out :bigthumb: All things aside the Steelers do run a class act organization that many other franchises want to model after.

TEEMONT
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
notice that all of the ladies are all "ohhhhh what a nice compliment!!!"

all of the guys are sarcastic about it....hilarious.

floodcitygirl
01-18-2008, 01:32 PM

all of the guys are sarcastic about it....hilarious......Yeah....imagine that??? lol

BlitzburghNation
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds to me like Bill Cowher will be there coach in '09 :scratch:

TampaSteelGirl
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Sounds to me like Bill Cowher will be there coach in '09 :scratch:

Ya know that all makes sense now. I believe you could be right! :greengrin:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

all of the guys are sarcastic about it....hilarious.

Why wouldn't it be a compliment? yea we've got holes in the team that needs fixed duh! but it's a compliment that someone loves the way we run our organization. :rolleyes:

kgreen
01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah I'll take that compliment. :cope:

Stlrs4Life
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Deep down I believe we all knew it was a compliment.