PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben wish list for 2008

FC FURY
01-16-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08016/849486-66.stm

Ben Roethlisberger has three desires as he enters the offseason: A tall wide receiver, the return of guard Alan Faneca, and a new contract as soon as possible.

Many and I mean MANY people attacked me when I said the team needs and BEN wants a tall WR. There it is...Quote and source.

steelcityrockers
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I guess a whiptee-do is in order for you? A tall Wide-out would be nice but it is not imperative.

Koopa
01-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I guess a whiptee-do is in order for you? A tall Wide-out would be nice but it is not imperative.

exactly, ppl act like they are so easy to find, that's why i attack those that bring it up.........it's retarded to cry for one, when there's rarely one worth a damn, and when there is they cost a shitload to bring them on the team

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
exactly, ppl act like they are so easy to find, that's why i attack those that bring it up.........it's retarded to cry for one, when there's rarely one worth a damn, and when there is they cost a shiatload to bring them on the team

James Hardy and that Bowman kid from Oklahoma State are two that are worth a damn....

Koopa
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
James Hardy and that Bowman kid from Oklahoma State are two that are worth a damn....

**** bowman lol........well unless he's there in the second, but not first rounder lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
**** bowman lol........well unless he's there in the second, but not first rounder lol

I don't want a WR in the first.....:lol: I want a LT all the way....So Michael Oher or Chris Williams...I'm praying for Ryan Clady to fall to us but I doubt that will happen...

K Train
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
lol **** it...its no use to fight my argument when the ****ing QB says it lol...please dont bring in a bitch tomlin....please

steelcityrockers
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Hardy is very overrated. He will probably measure in at 6-5 1/4 instead of 6-6 or 6-7. He has limited speed as well.

Koopa
01-16-2008, 09:43 PM
lol **** it...its no use to fight my argument when the ****ing QB says it lol...please dont bring in a bitch tomlin....please

ben doesn't think straight, remember his head got hit with a windshield :lol:

steelerfan11
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I would like to get a WR, but like all of you have said...NOT in the first round. he doesn't even have to be tall...just one that can catch the damn ball. then we can get rid of nate (sorry don't like him) and ced. One that could return punts would be great...then say goodbye to willie reid.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I don't want a WR in the first.....:lol: I want a LT all the way....So Michael Oher or Chris Williams...I'm praying for Ryan Clady to fall to us but I doubt that will happen...

Oher is staying in school...he went back on entering the draft.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Hardy is very overrated. He will probably measure in at 6-5 1/4 instead of 6-6 or 6-7. He has limited speed as well.

This coming from a guy that has probably never seen Hardy play....:lol: Ok dude whatever like I give a rats *** what you think....:lol:

K Train
01-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I dont think oher changed his mind...you got a link?

K Train
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
****er....nvm i see it

FC FURY
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
When I posted this thread I did not see thread in Steelers discussion.

I am in favor of drafting a quality big Wr

Forget Bowman...He was kicked out of UNC for smoking herb...Steelers wont touch him.

http://carolinasucks.com/images/rsadariusbowman.htm
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/709182.html

Hardy is gutless and lazy(I have seen him play a TON)

When it comes time to run at the combine neither player will run under a 4.55

K Train
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
i'd take either one in the second, thats high value for a pick....if i had to choose it would be bowman over hardy and i dont like sweed either.

if were really set on gettng a big wr then go after kelly lol.

i think i would rather go manningham, doucet, hawkins or bess in the late second or early third...they might not meet all of your height standards but they are all good players

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
i'd take either one in the second, thats high value for a pick....if i had to choose it would be bowman over hardy and i dont like sweed either.

if were really set on gettng a big wr then go after kelly lol.

i think i would rather go manningham, doucet, hawkins or bess in the late second or early third...they might not meet all of your height standards but they are all good players

I like Kelly a ton.....But he will go in the first round...I want the Steelers to draft a LT in the first....

I don't want Manningham....I follow Michigan football and I think he is good...But I have seen better WRs come out of Michigan....I'm not saying he is going to suck...But I have my doubts....Sorry I don't care what anyone says my guy is Hardy....The guy is badass....FC says he has seen him play a ton...So have I....I personally like him....To bad on Bowman but I think FC is right the Steelers won't touch due to him having some issues with the magical herb in the past....Steelers need to get over that...lol Bettis even confused he smoked weed in college...lol Most players do...lol

TEEMONT
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Well Ben has two of the three correct, his new contract and Faneca, **** a tall WR.

It's too hard to find a good one, they are all crap shoots. If we don't draft a 1st round WR, we better not draft one at all, with the exception of Hines, and El, we do not have a good late round track record on WR's.

K Train
01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
if bowman is there they would take him....and lets hope tomlin puts his foot down a bit and gets his guys...as long as they arent bums lol

i like manningham, and arrington to be honest, they are fast guys and get a ton of catches...not saying we have braylon edwards, but decent 3rd or 4th rounders

K Train
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
how about some dexter jackson...anyone from appalacian state is an instant badass lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
how about some dexter jackson...anyone from appalacian state is an instant badass lol

I like Jackson....Rather have him then Manningham......Its not that I'm totally against Mario Manningham....I like the guy and he is a good player.....But I also have some doubts about him....

[AutoMerged Post Below]

if bowman is there they would take him....and lets hope tomlin puts his foot down a bit and gets his guys...as long as they arent bums lol

i like manningham, and arrington to be honest, they are fast guys and get a ton of catches...not saying we have braylon edwards, but decent 3rd or 4th rounders

See I wouldn't mind Manningham in the 3rd round....But there is talk about him going in the second round....I wouldn't draft him that early....I agree Manningham and Arrington would be good value in rounds 3 and 4....

MDSteel15
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM
The only ones that I believe will have a shot at being there when we draft in the 2nd are Bowman(because of his issues), Manningham, Doucet or Hawkins. Arrington and Bess may be ther in the 3rd or 4th. I'd take any of them but if we take Bowman he better have it written in his contract that he loses everything if caught F'ing up!

steelcityrockers
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
This coming from a guy that has probably never seen Hardy play....:lol: Ok dude whatever like I give a rats *** what you think....:lol:

The feeling is mutual.
Ummmmm.....to say that I have never seen Hardy play (I have) is kinda odd. However, I would rather have Hardy than one of the Michigan WR, but I'd prefer neither. If it was up to me (its not) I would take Jerome Simpson from Coastal Carolina or the aforementioned Dexter Jackson in the 5th-6th rounds. I feel that we have more pressing needs than WR currently. I would be perfectly fine if they took all lineman (they probably won't)

FC FURY
01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Hardy could be the next Harold Carmicheal... I have 2 problems with Hardy..He doesnt want to get hit (run routes across the middle of the field) His pure speed can he run away from NFL coverage?...Hardy is a football player.. He is a legit 6-6 220...If the Steelers draft Hardy I will support the move...I dont want the Steelers to draft Hardy in Round 1...I want Jeff Otah from Pitt..If Hardy falls into round 2...I would be happy if the Steelers draft Hardy( I would prefer Dre Moore or Pat Simms):tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Hardy could be the next Harold Carmicheal... I have 2 problems with Hardy..He doesnt want to get hit (run routes across the middle of the field) His pure speed can he run away from NFL coverage?...Hardy is a football player.. He is a legit 6-6 220...If the Steelers draft Hardy I will support the move...I dont want the Steelers to draft Hardy in Round 1...I want Jeff Otah from Pitt..If Hardy falls into round 2...I would be happy if the Steelers draft Hardy( I would prefer Dre Moore or Pat Simms):tt02:

I don't want the Steelers to draft a WR in the first round either.....I would like a LT to be drafted.....I would be fine with Otah also.....The Steelers need help at OL and OT period....

K Train
01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
ive always heard reports of otah being a fat slob and having poor technique...if hes gonna get drafted by us i dont want it to be on size and raw potential alone....he better really show them something. I would prefer for us to trade way up and get clady...even if we trade something from next year....that man is a polished animal of an offensive lineman...hes my favorite now that oher is out of the picture....****er

FC FURY
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Otah is far from a fat slob...His technique is raw...He beat the hell out of Chris Long and George Selvie(The spectrum of NCAA def ends) this past season. Otah dominated Chris Long...Drove Long off the field of play a number of times in the run game.

The best decision Otah ever made was to train grappling(Greco/ Judo) and boxing in Oakland this off season. Otah has quick feet, he needs some work with hand placement and balance, The grappling training will only help...Add to that a mean streak, a huge frame and a willingness to work and you have a potential stud.

Otah is actually a safe pick...He can start at RT his rookie year. Otah has Orlando Pace type of qualities...Why some draft geeks have him being drafted in the top 15

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
ive always heard reports of otah being a fat slob and having poor technique...if hes gonna get drafted by us i dont want it to be on size and raw potential alone....he better really show them something. I would prefer for us to trade way up and get clady...even if we trade something from next year....that man is a polished animal of an offensive lineman...hes my favorite now that oher is out of the picture....****er

I'm with you on trading up for Clady....I like him more then Oher even though I was high on Oher also.....

FC FURY
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I am a fan of Clady as well...He did allow 2.5 sacks in the ECU bowl game and really struggled with speed at times this season. I believe moving up to draft Clady is far more of a risk then drafting Otah at 23.

The Steelers can not afford to **** away draft picks

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I am a fan of Clady as well...He did allow 2.5 sacks in the ECU bowl game and really struggled with speed at times this season. I believe moving up to draft Clady is far more of a risk then drafting Otah at 23.

The Steelers can not afford to **** away draft picks

Whats your opinion on Chris Williams from Vandy?....I like him as well....I have seen were some mocks have him going late first round to even in the second round......

K Train
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Chris Williams is a pass blocking machine....ryan clady is a run blocking machine....both excel in one area and are adaquate in the other

JoeThomas
01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
WR is definetrly not a need. Take a chance in the 3rd or 4th round but you guys need a Guard or Cornerback first.

steelcityrockers
01-24-2008, 03:53 PM
...or tackle