PDA

View Full Version : FA will force new look on defensive line...hopefully

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
If the Steelers are smart they will not offer contracts to Travis Kirschke & Nick Eason; both of whom are UFA's in 2008. This is an area that has been neglected for quite awhile because the starters have generally played well. Keisel was a monster on ST's and once Kimo left he slid right in. Chris Hoke deserved his extension he got last year because he's a capable reserve and always plays well. Aside from him though our reserves have been sub par for quite awhile and with both of them now FA's maybe we'll finally get some youth and fresh faces in this group. Hampton and Smith are in the prime of their careers and are the best in the business at their positions but as we saw this year they need serious help backing them up.

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I didn't think Kirshke was all that bad, he really didn't get alot of playing time. Granted he is no Aaron Smith.

steelcityrockers
01-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Kirschke blows. Any time the wonder duo of him or Eason was in, there was guarenteed 5 yard run. They got pushed back real far on every play.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I didn't think Kirshke was all that bad, he really didn't get alot of playing time. Granted he is no Aaron Smith.

Travis has been very serviceable for us over the years but he's had a bad back for a few years now. He's done pretty well for us but this backup unit is severely lacking IMO so Im thinking FA and the Draft in 2008 would be a prime way to remedy that. Atleast one early round draft pick (no later than the 4th round) and a couple FA's would fit in nicely here. With the emphasis on the OL this year though Im not sure we'll have the ammo to do it in the early rounds but something needs done.

DIESELMAN
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Kirschke needs to go ahead and retire. We've been lacking depth with the DL for sometime now. Smith has held up pretty good over the years but when he went down this year, it showed how bad off we are with our lack of depth. Another thing is Hampton needs to lose weight or harden up more, he hardly drew any double teams and was handled pretty easy.

black an gold 4 life
01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
i hope they make the right smart fa moves we nned some quality up grades on defense an the o-line.................

K Train
01-15-2008, 03:25 PM
i hope they make the right smart fa moves we nned some quality up grades on defense an the o-line.................

like a shutdown corner and a reciever around 77 inches tall?

:stirpot:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I saw somebody b4 say sign pacman... "sir, set the crack pipe down and take two steps back!" DL would be a good pos to strengthen threw FA in my opinion!!! have to wait and see whos all available!!!!

K Train
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
pacman just punched a lawyer lady in the face at a strip club...but he could still return kicks for us any day lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Kirschke needs to go ahead and retire. We've been lacking depth with the DL for sometime now. Smith has held up pretty good over the years but when he went down this year, it showed how bad off we are with our lack of depth. Another thing is Hampton needs to lose weight or harden up more, he hardly drew any double teams and was handled pretty easy.

If Casey goes down Hoke fills in nicely but when Keisel or Smith goes down we've got zilch for depth so yeah a couple big bodies is definitely a priority. This team has addressed or tried to address atleast all the major positions over the years except for OL and DL and now it's time to do it.

Dee Mca
01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
We don't need to sign Pac-Man to return kicks we have Jeremy Bloom....Seriously If we look to sign Pacman we should go after Marcus Vick as our #3 receiver. That might land us his big brother when he gets out the big house as our new backup Qb.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
We don't need to sign Pac-Man to return kicks we have Jeremy Bloom....Seriously If we look to sign Pacman we should go after Marcus Vick as our #3 receiver. That might land us his big brother when he gets out the big house as our new backup Qb.

Bloom is training camp fodder.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
pacman just punched a lawyer lady in the face at a strip club...but he could still return kicks for us any day lol

I think it was over a bar tab he didn't want to pay, seriously. :lol: